PDA

View Full Version : Guess who hates Firefox!

Tokki Wartooth
03-24-2006, 12:41 AM
Do ANY fonts other than tnr and verdana work in it?

Dr Unne
03-24-2006, 12:55 AM
Yes, all fonts on your OS should work fine without having to do anything. However you can override sites' font preferences via Edit->Preferences->Content.

Tokki Wartooth
03-24-2006, 01:10 AM
Well, that's strange. It seems like only the fonts I put up don't work.

In CSS, "font-family: (insert any font family here);" just shows up as times.

crono_logical
03-24-2006, 10:44 PM
<span style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS';">Comic Sans MS</span>
<span style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: 'WingDings';">WingDings</span>
<span style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: 'Garamond';">Garamond</span>
<span style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: 'Annifont';">Annifont</span>
<span style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: 'Lucida Console';">Lucida Console</span>
<span style="font-size: 16pt; font-family: 'mikachan';">Nice 日本語-capable font if you have it installed</span>

Other than Wingdings which I have no idea why it's not rendering as Wingdings, the rest seem fine in my firefox :p

EDIT: I'll attach the last one in case anyone's interested in it :p

RSL
03-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Yeah all the fonts work fine in my firefox as well.

DMKA
03-25-2006, 01:42 AM
Fonts work fine, but foreign text just displays as "????? ??? ????????????? ? ???? ? ?FINAL FANTASY XII?????????" for me.

crono_logical
03-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Fonts work fine, but foreign text just displays as "????? ??? ????????????? ? ???? ? ?FINAL FANTASY XII?????????" for me.That would be due to you not having installed support for far east asian languages in your OS, hence why you can't see them properly :p

rubah
03-27-2006, 06:28 PM
In which case, download the Japanese IME for windows from the microsoft site. . . unless you don't buy your software with the machine and actually get a cd to use-.-

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/recommended/ime/default.mspx

They're real fun though~

munty, that one you attached is hard to read that big xD

crono_logical
03-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Shouldn't it be easier to read when big? :p

Endless
03-28-2006, 12:17 PM
In which case, download the Japanese IME for windows from the microsoft site. . . unless you don't buy your software with the machine and actually get a cd to use-.-

You don't need to install the IME to <i>view</i> Japanese text. You just need the East Asian language support in the regional settings panel of the control panel, and maybe open one Japanese site in IE to get the fonts. The IME is needed when you want to input Japanese.

Shouldn't it be easier to read when big? :p

It's not the size that matters. :p

rubah
03-28-2006, 11:30 PM
Yes but it's fun being able to type random characters at jason on irc now that mirc supports utf8 8)

stuff

It *should* be but it just looks shimmery and hurts my eyes!

maybe I should turn cleartype back on:(

ow now everything else hurts to look at ;.;

crono_logical
03-29-2006, 12:31 PM
stuff