PDA

View Full Version : ffx-2 ... some things that are bad about the game

Yitih
03-24-2006, 05:49 PM
well, first of all: it's kinda obvious that Tidus lives (or else it would hav been a pointless game...) and it's definetly not Tidus speaking in many of the sphere's so why does Yuna continue to believe its him ? i have not played the game through, but its looks to me that Tidus is held in bevelle(play ffx and youll find out why thats so obvious...) in the first sphere which leaves 2 choises: New Yevons got him or he has locked him self in:rolleyes2 . the weapon he referrs to is clearly Vegnagun so why dont yuna and company just "ask politly": about were it is where there must some more clues to where he is. and dont come to me with that "yuna dont like violence" stuff (seriously... SHE'S WEARING GUNS!!!). i'm not saying its a bad game, cause it's not but it's waaaay to obvious...

Trumpet Thief
03-24-2006, 05:52 PM
chaos: I just didn't like Yuna's drastic personality change. And I also didn't like how the game solely focused on YuRiPa through it. I was expecting more. Plus, I liked how FFX ended, and thought it would've been best if the story were left untouched.

Trowa: *sits and stares and sits and stares*

Yitih
03-24-2006, 06:07 PM
well... i guess maybe it was just too tempting u know.. i mean just leaving a story like that untouched? that aint gonna happen for a looooong time.

PS: the personality change might have been created to symbolise that it was a shock to her when tidus went a way . she surly must have gotten emotionaly hurt and then changed...

Yuna-Lenne
03-24-2006, 06:17 PM
I agree that Final Fantasy X was better by itself, but many others felt it was incomplete. Also, your prediction isnt exactly correct :P
The plot is generally quite thin so the game is mainly focused on mini-games, ALL of which you have to complete to see the full ending. The game, in all honestly, was pretty pointless, though some elements of it are really nice ^_^ I love 1000 words and some of the FMVs are good for music videos too.

Trumpet Thief
03-24-2006, 06:20 PM
well... i guess maybe it was just too tempting u know.. i mean just leaving a story like that untouched? that aint gonna happen for a looooong time.

chaos: FFIV, FFV, FFVI, FFVIII, FFIX.

Rubedo: Granted, VIII was wrapped up pretty well, but I'm sure they could do something with the others (Even IX).

chaos: But that's what made the games great. Looking back, it didn't have to be wrapped up perfectly. It just needed a good ending, with something meaningful. FFX HAD that, but apparently Square thought that it needed a storybook ending. Thus, Tidus lives. :)

Yitih
03-24-2006, 06:21 PM
ok. i noticed alot of mini games but arnt there just one mission to complete? i mean through out the story?

Morgoth_Bauglir
03-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Look,guys.
The truth is only one.
The only fault of the game is Rikku's clothing.
She should wear nothing.
I mean,if you do sth,do it right.:choc2:

Tavrobel
03-24-2006, 07:06 PM
There are only a few missions you have to complete per chapter to complete the story. And shouldn't this be in FFX-2 forum? In there, I found ALOT of problems with the game, but only you can form YOUR opinion.

Missions required

Ch1: Luca (concert), Gagazet, Besaid, Kilika
Ch2: Bevelle/Mushroom Rock, Bikanel, Gagazet, Djose, Bevelle
Ch3: Luca, Calm Lands, Besaid, Djose Temple
Ch4: Commspheres, nearly all of them optional, Moonflow, Thunder Plains
Ch5: You can fight Vegnagun right away

SquareEnix makes sequels/spinoffs to games to make money. They make actual continuations of the series to tell the story. In those cases, money is a lucky byproduct. And Yuna's personality change would not have been as radical as it was, or it would have had a completely different result on Yuna.

Shoeberto
03-24-2006, 08:10 PM
If you are going to make a thread about Final Fantasy, it goes in one of the corresponding forums. Thanks :)

Tabris
03-24-2006, 08:49 PM
I think one of the worst thing about this game, are the horrible, horrible in-battle comments from the trio. *cringes*

DMKA
03-24-2006, 09:08 PM
well, first of all: it's kinda obvious that Tidus lives (or else it would hav been a pointless game...)
Technically wrong.

and it's definetly not Tidus speaking in many of the sphere's so why does Yuna continue to believe its him ?
It's not very obvious when the person looks and sounds just like him.

its looks to me that Tidus is held in bevelle(play ffx and youll find out why thats so obvious...) in the first sphere
So INCREDIBLY wrong it's sad.

which leaves 2 choises: New Yevons got him or he has locked him self in:rolleyes2 .
Again, wrong.

the weapon he referrs to is clearly Vegnagun so why dont yuna and company just "ask politly": about were it is where there must some more clues to where he is.
Who are you reffering to? Shuyin? Last time I checked insane people bent on destroying the planet could care less how "politely" you asked them how to stop them from achieving their goal.

i'm not saying its a bad game, cause it's not but it's waaaay to obvious...
Then either you're really pathetic at spotting the obvious or it's not very obvious after all.

i have not played the game through
Well that would explain why you're so wrong about what you think you know.

Venom
03-24-2006, 09:20 PM
The worst things about this game for me are:

1.Y R P, it made me angry how they designed the characters
2.Only 3 playable characters (I wanted more)
3.No summons.
4.Shuyin and leene totally fucked up the game
5.The battle system and the mission set up.

Tavrobel
03-24-2006, 10:29 PM
i have not played the game through
Well that would explain why you're so wrong about what you think you know.

Wow, even my rational side is laughing. My fanboy side is going to have a hangover tomorrow. I don't know why I didn't pick up that ylith didn't know what he was talking about. Maybe I should've bothered to read his post and scolded him for judging something he's not yet played.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
03-25-2006, 12:00 AM
sorry but thats not Tidus in the spheres its Shuiyen(sorry about spelling)

teaandmachines
03-25-2006, 12:32 AM
well, first of all: it's kinda obvious that Tidus lives (or else it would hav been a pointless game...)

That's what kills me!
People say they didn't know..
If you played FFX and saw the VERY VERY AFTER THE CREDITS VERY end, you would have known he'd be back.

Chocobo King
03-25-2006, 01:19 AM
The thing i dont like about X-2 is that that japanese and the french version has an extra dresphere that the englesh version doesn't have.......

Del Murder
03-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Let's clean up some of these 'why this game sucks' threads.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=80937