PDA

View Full Version : FF7 Better Graphics Patch

mikepl212
03-24-2006, 10:50 PM
I don't know if You guys checked this out already, but here is what i found:

http://www.squarecn.com/ff/downloadshow.asp?ID=3005

From google translator I know that it's a patch that replaces main characters by more poly ones, resulting in something like this:

http://www.squarecn.com/ff/download/patch/ff7_pc_real_patch.jpg

I haven't installed it yet, though I will soon try it (my connection is via mobile phone now so I don't think downloading these 50 megs will success).

Tip: This site is full of other great software and patches for other FF games. (including progs required to export models from FFX and FFX-2 to any other 3d prog :D )

Have Fun
Mike

Edit: They also write that it might be uncompatibile with other than chinese version of FF7... maybe someone can check :)

Hambone
03-25-2006, 12:31 AM
I like this better than the original graphics. Their hands don't look like paint brushes in the pic above.

Dreddz
03-25-2006, 01:55 AM
Thats.......awesome

Dark Paladin
03-27-2006, 11:02 AM
wow!

CloudedSquall
03-27-2006, 04:29 PM
That looks really amazing. If it's for the PC version do you have any idea how you would apply the patch to the installed game?

Shaun
03-27-2006, 05:02 PM
I told everyone about this in IRC, but the asshats ignored me. And that was like, four months ago.

Vyk
03-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Neat. Too bad I don't have the PC version. I like how they seem to have re-captured the feel in higher poly models. I thought the lego-sprites kinda gave to the feel. Guess it's just as atmosphere thing. If I had the PC version I'd be willing to guinea pig it for that.

PresZidane
03-28-2006, 12:23 AM
That is great when will it be realeased?

gyaku_zuki
03-28-2006, 10:05 AM
I have the PC version, but haven't tried this yet, cos if I install FF7, first of all I'll have to install all the patches to get it to work on WinXP, then install this patch, and as soon as I press "New Game" I know that now I've stared, I'll HAVE to finish, and I have assignments due, I can't afford to have my time drained by FF7 right now lol

Captain Maxx Power
03-28-2006, 10:08 AM
I've tried to get it to install, but it's an uphill struggle. I finally managed to get a utility that can extract .z7 files (for some reason SE felt it necessary to pack it in an international compression file, but then compress the files further into a specific file type). However the .exes within refuse to run. In other words I doubt it works for English games. Typical really.

Kappy
03-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Try this one instead.
http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=4045

Vyk
03-28-2006, 01:12 PM
I've tried to get it to install, but it's an uphill struggle. I finally managed to get a utility that can extract .z7 files (for some reason SE felt it necessary to pack it in an international compression file, but then compress the files further into a specific file type). However the .exes within refuse to run. In other words I doubt it works for English games. Typical really.

7-Zip files go to a program called 7-Zip, which I highly recommend. I got it for those kinda files when I downloaded a ton of roms in that format. Then learned it also unzips, unrars (I never acquired a decent FREE unrar program, so yay) and other things. I heart 7-Zip now

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-28-2006, 03:00 PM
The title 'better FFVII graphics' is pretty misleading. All it does is replace Over world sprites with upgraded battle sprites. And you might think that that would look cool, but not every sprite in the game has a battle sprite, thus the result is cool looking PC and some cool looking NPC characters surrounded by the same demented midgets in the original.

The graphical upgrade for a few character sprites is not worth making the game look utterly ridiculous IMO.

Sephiroth1112
03-29-2006, 02:16 PM
lol thats awesome man i love that,, i wsh there was a way i could get that for the ffvii for ps1

DMKA
03-29-2006, 02:24 PM
That's sweet. I need to find my PC copy and play it now.

Man, that patch plus the soundfront plus the FMV replacements would be...wow.

Lenna
03-31-2006, 02:39 PM
DMKA, there's a much better utility than the soundfonts to add to it. I've got a program which lets me play the original MP3's. It's works perfectly.

squiike
09-22-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm reviving this one!

is there newer and better patches made now? for the 1.02 version patch?

and what about us with Vista or windows 7?

seiferalmasy2
09-23-2009, 12:43 AM
Yes, over at qhimms they are:

1. making more models, and have changed a LOT of the ordinary NPC to decent models
2. Changed main character models as you have seen
3. Made a custom driver which can support high resolution and OpenGL, makes game compatible with all windows OS (inc Vista 64 bit) and also possibility of Wine with linux
4. Updating the magics to higher resolution
5. I am personally updating the movies from PSX version to H.264 for use in the game
6. I am in charge of the retranslation project
7. Editors now available to edit game, I am gonna use it for a more difficult game patch.

8. FF7Music can now make the game use PSF or MP3 so the sound is 100% to PSX now. No soundfonts.

9. Transparent text boxes
10. Fonts and main GUI of VII altered.

For an example I made see here: YouTube - Final Fantasy VII - Example of Story Based Walk Through (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvshhfV7FKg&fmt=18)

squiike
09-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Oh no its the emo cloud from AC on the menu screen!

dont want the music either. Just the models. isnt that finished somewhere?

seiferalmasy2
09-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Qhimm forum. As for Emo cloud...it is just a more accurate picture of him there. All the patches are optional.

LunarWeaver
09-27-2009, 03:17 PM
This patch and some of the others always looked neat to fuck around with. Some people love the old school graphics, but I definitely have a predilection for prettier characters. But the PC version does not work well on my computer. If I tried to patch it, it'd probably get even more messy and frustrating and soon I'd be riding my tricycle into a volcano.

seiferalmasy2
09-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Aali's new driver sorts out every problem I have had with this game.

All you need is 1.02 + aali's patch and you can then run in window mode too, and use opengl.

It is much better.