PDA

View Full Version : Um..?

teaandmachines
03-25-2006, 12:25 AM
Why is Brother attracted to Yuna when they're cousins?

( Rikku & Yuna are cousins, Brother and Rikku are siblings. )

Death Penalty
03-25-2006, 12:27 AM
Cousin incest is acceptable in Asia

teaandmachines
03-25-2006, 12:30 AM
Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Venom
03-25-2006, 12:42 AM
Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

He wasnt.

Maybe the creators forgot that brother was her causin and tried to make a funny there.

Or maybe the FFX-2 staff finnally lost their fucking minds and thought that incest sells.

Tavrobel
03-25-2006, 01:01 AM
The makers of the game lost their minds when they considered MAKING this game. then again, it probably was just Square trying to get the upper hand over Enix; after a disasterous showing with TSW, a non-existant profit. Square shares were sold for every .81 (something in that area) shares of Enix when they merged. The game is SquareEnix, but the makers were mostly Square, with Enix influence.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-25-2006, 01:06 AM
Incest between cousins is acceptable in Japan, thus they probably didn't think twice about putting it in. There is no other reason.

teaandmachines
03-25-2006, 01:42 AM
The makers of the game lost their minds when they considered MAKING this game.

True, lol.

Markus. D
03-25-2006, 04:30 AM
when were we told that Brother and Yuna are cousins....

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-25-2006, 04:36 AM
Yuna is Rikku's cousin, and Brother is Rikku's brother.

Putting two and two together...

lulusgirl
03-25-2006, 01:46 PM
maybe he thought she was hott before he knew they were related, and when they found out...he thought she was so hott he didn't care.........

DeathKnight
03-25-2006, 02:14 PM
The makers of the game lost their minds when they considered MAKING this game. then again, it probably was just Square trying to get the upper hand over Enix; after a disasterous showing with TSW, a non-existant profit. Square shares were sold for every .81 (something in that area) shares of Enix when they merged. The game is SquareEnix, but the makers were mostly Square, with Enix influence.

Your pathetic attempts at making people hate the newer games FFVIII-X-2 amaze me, when will you give up?

:twak:

Maybe it is accepted in Asia, whatever the motive, you don't know it.

DeathKnight
03-25-2006, 02:15 PM
maybe he thought she was hott before he knew they were related, and when they found out...he thought she was so hott he didn't care.........

agreed, this is what I think happened.

I just think he went into this big crush with Yuna and forgot 'but the family ties and all, he just couldn't help it.

Venom
03-25-2006, 02:34 PM

Your pathetic attempts at making people hate the newer games FFVIII-X-2 amaze me, when will you give up?

Get it over it, He can say what he likes about the game.

DeathKnight
03-25-2006, 02:39 PM

Get it over it?:confused: :confused: :confused:

In this thread? I don't recall this thread being "what do you think of the game"

boys from the dwarf
03-25-2006, 02:43 PM
brother probly too stupid to even know thst yunas his cousin.

Venom
03-25-2006, 02:46 PM

In this thread? I don't recall this thread being "what do you think of the game"

It may not be called that but he gave an opinion that ties into the topic.

DeathKnight
03-25-2006, 04:53 PM

It may not be called that but he gave an opinion that ties into the topic.

Bending the rules????:irked:

By the way, are you his lawyer??? it seems you keep making meaningless posts that don't relate to the topic of the thread at all:confused: :confused: :confused:

Del Murder
03-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Knock it off guys. That post was only semi-on topic and probably shouldn't have been posted, but it doesn't need the amount of discussion it is getting. Let the mods deal with this kind of stuff.

Anyway, Brother seems pretty messed up in the head so maybe this is just part of that.

Death Penalty
03-27-2006, 06:01 AM
The game creators probably didnt event think about it.

DMKA
03-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Actually, in Japan while things like having a crush on family members doesn't generally freak people out as much as it would on this side of the world (they even have regular terms like "brother complex/sister complex" for people who develop crushes on their siblings). All the Japanese people I've taked to pretty much think it's nasty if it becomes any more than temporary physical attraction, and actually turning it into a relationship is an entirely different story. Brother never saw Yuna growing up...he never knew her personally...he lived in a completely different world than her...he was an Al Bhed, she was a summoner with the upbringings of Yevon. Hell, they didn't even speak the same language until a few years after knowing each other. So it's not exactly the equivalent of other cousin crushes. None the less, that would still be incest, which the girls, especially Rikku, completely understand, and thus is always kicking him and calling him a sicko for it.

Jessweeee♪
03-27-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm thinking they weren't paying attention.
I did enjoy this game. It was fun, but the story sucked.

Zeromus_X
03-28-2006, 01:15 AM
which the girls, especially Rikku, completely understand, and thus is always kicking him and calling him a sicko for it.

Heh, I always thought it was just because they thought he was a pervert or something :cat:

But yeah, not such a big deal in Japan.

Markus. D
03-29-2006, 12:37 PM
The game creators probably didnt event think about it.

Im sure they did....

DMKA
03-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Honestly, how can people think they just "didn't pay attention to it/missed it"?

Old Manus
03-29-2006, 03:54 PM
The creators were too busy rolling in their money to bother thinking about making sense in a game

DeathKnight
03-29-2006, 08:36 PM
The creators were too busy rolling in their money to bother thinking about making sense in a game

That ain't new *cough* FFVII *cough*:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :mwahaha:

Final_Fantasy_Freak
03-31-2006, 06:43 AM
when were we told that Brother and Yuna are cousins....

Cid is Yuna's uncle

Cid is Rikku & Brother's dad

Rikku and Brother are Yuna's cousins

a nirvana fan
03-31-2006, 07:59 AM
Because in Spira, incest isnt heard off so anything happens there(thats my theory).