PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR 06: Total Team Control

SuperMillionaire
03-25-2006, 12:59 AM
Who's a NASCAR fan? If so, do you play NASCAR 06:Total Team Control? It a great game, and that team communicator thing is very interesting! Who plays the game?

RSL
03-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Don't bump threads like that.

Also, I don't like this game very much. EA needs to fix a bunch of things in their Nascar series, in my opinion. The biggest disappointment for me was when I learned that buying a team doesn't actually mean you have any control over that team whatsoever. I was thinking that if, for example, I bought the Hendrick Nextel Cup team that I would get to hire and fire drivers for each car, set up sponsorship, etc. I didn't think it would be just like last year only you happen to have teammates.

Also, I'm getting pretty sick of the pit road AI in these games. I wish you could have a little bit of control of your car as it goes down pit road. I hate how your car will sometimes come to a complete stop on pit road when someone five stalls ahead pulls out or cuts in.

I also hate how the game executes the "freeze the field" thing in a caution. A person shouldn't be able to be in third place, spin out, and get to still be in third place because they froze the field right as he started to slide a little. As for cautions, I wish there was a more realistic amount of them. A lot of times I go a whole race at Bristol and have none. And a lot of times the cautions are for stupid things, like a car starts to slide a little but never hits anything or even stops but they still wave the yellow. Also, I wish that if you happened to be in an accident that when the computer takes over control of your car it wouldn't stupidly back right up the track into oncoming traffic. It's ridiculous.

I wish the computer cars were a little smarter on when to pit. I can't tell you how many times a caution would come out, I would pit, no one else would, but then they would start pitting immediately after the green came out! I've won more than a few races this way, and I think it's pretty dumb.

This series could be so much better if they just did a few things. I liked a few years ago how you had to develop certain aspects of your team, such as the engine, chassis, body and all that. I wish they'd bring that back. I also wish you could hire more than just a couple generic drivers to drive your cars. I wish the silly season was more realistic.

As for the actual racing, I didn't find the total team control to be that interesting. I rarely use it at all. Maybe that's just me. I do like having four different series and having to work your way up through the ranks. That is pretty neat.

Also, don't expect too many more replies to this thread. I've learned in my six years here at EoFF that there are very, very few Nascar fans.

SuperMillionaire
03-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Wow, really? There aren't many NASCAR fans on this board?