PDA

View Full Version : Going Amano

Evastio
03-25-2006, 01:38 AM
After being inspired by Amano's artwork in Final Fantasy Origins I decided to try to do some of my own artwork. I posted a picture of my attempt at drawing like Amano. I drew my 3 best (non-internet) friends.

I know it's unimpressive. :cry: I can't seem to draw much detail in my drawings like Amano does.

Basically, this is a thread where people try to go Amano. (try to draw themself or their friends as Final Fantasy characters)

Also, if any Administrators are reading this, could you somehow stop Amano's first name from being censored?

Trumpet Thief
03-25-2006, 01:39 AM
chaos: xD! That's awesome!

Rubedo: Nice work. And don't you dare call yourself bad. You have talent, man.

Tempest
03-25-2006, 01:56 AM
Those are very good, Evastio. And I agree with Trumpet Thief(Rubedo), you have tallent. :)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-25-2006, 02:04 AM
How is that similar to Amano's stuff?

Evastio
03-25-2006, 03:08 AM
How is that similar to Amano's stuff?

My drawing is suppose to look like one of Amano's drawings of a FF Character. I wanted to try and draw my friends as FF Characters. I know it looks nothing like Amano's drawings but I tried. :( I don't know what my pictures lack. I know for sure it isn't colour. Colour makes my drawings look kiddyish. :rolleyes2

Also Kawaii, do you think you could stop Amano's first name from being censored? I don't want to be banned for posting it all the time making the site think I'm swearing all the time.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-25-2006, 04:03 AM
Hey man! Looking good...now, no offense, but I don't find it looks a lot like Amano. However, I haven't seen that picture you are talking about, so that's part of it. If you could link us to or upload the real pic, it would be great, like a Before and After.

Evastio
03-25-2006, 04:20 AM
If only I knew what it lacked to make it look like Amano's artwork. I don't know how he colours his pictures without making them look kiddyish. I also don't know what other details he usually puts in his drawings. Any suggestions?

I'll try to post a few of the original drawings on here once I get the chance. I'm only going to post a picture of myself as a FF Character if no one's going to make fun of me for wanting long hair.

Also, if anyone wants to try drawing yourself/a friend as a FF Character go right ahead and post it here! Besides, you people might be able to help me find what my pictures need to look like Amano's.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-25-2006, 05:39 AM
Also Kawaii, do you think you could stop Amano's first name from being censored? I don't want to be banned for posting it all the time making the site think I'm swearing all the time.There's no helping it, really. You can get around the filter by typing it as Yoshi<b></b>taka, though.

black orb
03-25-2006, 07:05 AM
I know it looks nothing like Amano's drawings but I tried. :( I don't know what my pictures lack. I know for sure it isn't colour. Colour makes my drawings look kiddyish. :rolleyes2
>>> Your draws already look kiddyish, if you truly want to emulate Amano`s style first you need to draw as good as him, or at least get close enough..

Avarice-ness
03-25-2006, 07:27 AM
If only I knew what it lacked to make it look like Amano's artwork. I don't know how he colours his pictures without making them look kiddyish. I also don't know what other details he usually puts in his drawings. Any suggestions?

I'll try to post a few of the original drawings on here once I get the chance. I'm only going to post a picture of myself as a FF Character if no one's going to make fun of me for wanting long hair.

Also, if anyone wants to try drawing yourself/a friend as a FF Character go right ahead and post it here! Besides, you people might be able to help me find what my pictures need to look like Amano's.

Amano fan-girl of old checking in for duty. :D
First of all, what you are lacking, realism, Water colors, and rice paper. But you can get around the water colors and rice paper due to filters in Photoshop and stuff. Amano has a tendency to have a flow to his art. Not really blocky and stiff as the pictures above showed. Also, traditional japanese realism plays a big part in it. Soft colors, even in the darker art, is still pastel type of art. [Saying that even the black isn't actually -black-]
Just reading from what you kept saying, you almost seemed like you were implying that Amano only drew renditions of FF characters, in which you were drawing you and your friends as a rendition of yourselfs in an art form. I could be wrong, and prolly am, that's just how I took it. If anything, don't look at only Amano's FF character art, and find an art book. (Even though they run expensive. ; ; ) and just study stare and practice...
But remember.. Flloooooowwwwing....

Rocket Edge
03-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Avarice-ness has a good point. You just need to capture the mysteriousness behind his work(like using blacks for the facial features while still having a white facial complection). I enjoy drawing pieces of Amano, simply because i love his style of art form. Anywho, as avarice said, why not get an art-book to advance your drawing skills?;)

Evastio
03-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Thanks for your honest opinions guys! So basically, I just need to make my pictures lighter, make them flow, and avoid making them blocky and stiff. Maybe I should make them look less fat as well. My pictures probably got like that from editing them on the computer.

The only artbooks that I can access now is a drawing insects book and a drawing dinosaurs book. If my friends were insects and dinosaurs those books would be really useful. :rolleyes2 But maybe I could draw some guy that I don't like (not talking about you guys) as a dinosaur-insect mutation kind of thing. :D Thanks for the idea!

Reeno the Alchemist
03-25-2006, 05:13 PM
bravo (claps hands) pretty good :) X) just keep practicing and they'll get even better

Rengori
03-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Thanks for your honest opinions guys!
Honest opinions are the best because they actually help. They know more about it than me so listen to Avarice-ness and Rocket Edge.

DarkLord
03-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Your good, but it looks kiddish, that's all
My advice would be to get a pic and copy at as close to the original as you can to see how it works. Once you've done that a few times, try to do your own. Above all Practice and be Patient.
Best of luck to you.

Zeromus_X
04-01-2006, 12:15 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't really think it looks at all like an Amano styled drawing. No offense. :cat: Though I do see you want them to look dramatic and such.:cat:

Evastio
05-10-2006, 03:00 AM
It's been a long time since I've posted in this thread. I'll eventually get to posting my original artwork. Once I get my scanner working. :mad:

While you people are waiting here's a picture of me fighting some other guys FF Style!!! (It's obvoius who's me)

I drew this on the computer in half an hour so don't complain that it's worse than my other drawing.

Tempest
05-10-2006, 03:14 AM
lol I got a chuckle out of it. It's pretty good Evastio. ;)

Rengori
05-10-2006, 03:18 AM
I thought it wasn't that great. Could have used more humor.

Ya Boy Alex
05-10-2006, 03:23 AM
[!]Was that a joke about jokes or an attempt at a joke.[/!]EDIT BY BoB: Please be more respectful.