PDA

View Full Version : Lost

Cid
03-25-2006, 11:27 AM
Any other Lost fans?

I'm obsessed.

Shoden
03-25-2006, 11:39 AM
I have the entire 1st season on DVD, just need to get bothered and watch it for once, I got it for xmas.

Reine
03-25-2006, 11:41 AM
I watched it a few times, it looks somewhat interesing, but im not really a TV fan...

I had to see what was in that hatch though

Despotus
03-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Hells yeah. I'm a big fan of Mr. Echo and Hurley. Do you think Sun is telling Jin the truth? I'm also wondering if Charlie is being truthful about kicking his habit.

Dreddz
03-25-2006, 11:54 AM
I enjoy Lost, but I wouldnt say I obsess over it like others. I personally think the show will end horrifically, how is everything going to make sense ?

Levian
03-25-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm obsessed, allright. Norway is friggen' slow at getting episodes from the US, so I download them off of the internet. Haven't gotten this Wednesday's episode yet, though. Planning on downloading it tonight. That whole Claire business is so spooky. :D Oh, and Kate is hot.

Despotus
03-25-2006, 11:59 AM
...how's everything going to make sense?
I'm not sure everything is supposed to "make sense". It's a very surreal place they're in. ;)

Who do you think will be the next to die off?:eek:

Craig
03-25-2006, 12:19 PM
It's pretty cool. Just waiting for Season 2 to come to the UK.

HowlingMonkey
03-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Lost is awesome. Sawyer is awesomer. :love:

But yeah, it's a great show.

Lost Number
03-25-2006, 12:31 PM
I am trying....to stop myself....from watching....this damned...show.

Spiffing Cheese
03-25-2006, 01:03 PM
It's probably my favourite programme at the moment (that will change when Doctor Who comes back :D). I've seen all of what's been on of Season 2 so far, except the newest one because I neeeeed to download it. Sawyer rules all and Jack needs to die. :)

Kirobaito
03-25-2006, 02:53 PM
I'm quite obsessed.

Nobody was hotter than Sun in this last episode.

Nothing ever happens on Lost. They make every preview look exciting, but there is no real progress in the show.

Rye
03-25-2006, 02:56 PM
I am obsessed with Lost, and that last episode with Sun was awesome. I love Sun. Sun, Hurley and Eko are my three favourite characters. I used to also love Charlie, but I'm getting a bit "Eh..." with him lately.

Also, I really hate Jack. Am I the only one who notices that any episode that he features in for more than about 10 minutes, he cries in? He's the island's emo kid. He has this intense look in his eyes while he eyes fill with tears while he whispers "I was married...", then the tears spill. *rolls eyes*

Spiffing Cheese
03-25-2006, 04:07 PM
I am obsessed with Lost, and that last episode with Sun was awesome. I love Sun. Sun, Hurley and Eko are my three favourite characters. I used to also love Charlie, but I'm getting a bit "Eh..." with him lately.

Also, I really hate Jack. Am I the only one who notices that any episode that he features in for more than about 10 minutes, he cries in? He's the island's emo kid. He has this intense look in his eyes while he eyes fill with tears while he whispers "I was married...", then the tears spill. *rolls eyes*

Every time somebody mentions Lost on here, I wait for you to comment on Jack being emo. xD Not that I don't agree with you, or anything. He's pathetic. And annoying. And he has a hairy chest. Ew.

I hate Jack.

Rocket Edge
03-25-2006, 04:33 PM

Every time somebody mentions Lost on here, I wait for you to comment on Jack being emo. xD Not that I don't agree with you, or anything. He's pathetic. And annoying. And he has a hairy chest. Ew.

I hate Jack.
i think jack is cool:D
love lost, such a great show. i was like:eek: for what happened with shannon last episode but i wont give anything away. Id say jack is my favourite character, along with jin & sun, think sawyers cool too.

Despotus
03-25-2006, 09:59 PM
I am trying....to stop myself....from watching....this damned...show.
Resistence is futile, L.N.! :D Seriously, one of the best things to hit the boob tube in a decade (right next to Xfiles). Start watching from the beginning, though, or you too will be 'Lost'.;)

Cid
03-25-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm a Locke fan, myself.

Miriel
03-25-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I think you could call me a Lost fan.

I love Sun. I think Kate should die.

Rose + Bernard = Awww

Rye
03-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I think you could call me a Lost fan.

I love Sun. I think Kate should die.

Rose + Bernard = Awww

I love Rose and Bernard. :D

Despotus
03-27-2006, 03:38 AM
A few questions I'd like your opinions on:

1. What do you think is up with Walt? Is he dead, kidnapped, or maybe he's off the island already?

2. Who's going to be next to die?

3. Is Charlie going to start using again soon?

4. What about Sun 's pregnancy? Do you think it's really Jin's? If not, then what's your theory? Use tags, some folks haven't seen this weeks episode!!!

5. That guy in the locked room, is he one of the 'Others'?

Apologies if I spoiled any episodes you haven't seen yet. :(

Kirobaito
03-27-2006, 03:43 AM
A few questions I'd like your opinions on:

1. What do you think is up with Walt? Is he dead, kidnapped, or maybe he's off the island already?

2. Who's going to be next to die?

3. Is Charlie going to start using again soon?

4. What about Sun 's pregnancy? Do you think it's really Jin's? If not, then what's your theory? Use tags, some folks haven't seen this weeks episode!!!

5. That guy in the locked room, is he one of the 'Others'?

Apologies if I spoiled any episodes you haven't seen yet. :(
1. My understanding is that the actor who played Walt has gotten too old for the part (he was too old from the beginning, 13, I think, but the fact that only two months have progressed on the show compared to about two in filming) and he's been removed from the show. They might get a new actor, or they might just explain his fate. My personal belief is that the non-Dharma Others took him, obviously.

2. Charlie.

3. Maybe. It might result in his death.

4. I think it's the Island's. Another pregnancy is not good, considering what happened to Claire.

5. No.

HowlingMonkey
03-27-2006, 08:51 AM

*high-fives*

That is the best summary of why I hate Jack that I have ever heard. :D

Miriel
03-27-2006, 09:02 AM
4. I think it's the Island's. Another pregnancy is not good, considering what happened to Claire.

That "theory" is just as ridiculous as the one that claims that Charlie raped Sun. Honestly, the people who are running around claiming that the Island impregnated Sun make me want to whack them upside the head.

Despotus
03-27-2006, 09:19 AM
4. That "theory" is just as ridiculous as the one that claims that Charlie raped Sun.
Now that was one I was thinking was a possibility... but, seems about as likely as Kirobaito's theory. I sure wouldn't want to be right.

~SapphireStar~
03-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Dipped in and out of the first series, got so boring. Boyfriends on season 2 now and loving it. Locke and Hurley were my fav characters though.

profskett
03-27-2006, 01:55 PM
I can't wait for the 2nd season to come out over here in the UK! We have (well, strictly speaking my dad has) got the whole first season on DVD and I love it. Tis confusing in places though...

Despotus
03-27-2006, 05:45 PM
It can be very confusing. Even if you've never missed an episode. I don't know of any t.v. series yet in which you need to watch every episode in order to keep up with what's going on. But, with Lost, you really can't afford to miss a beat. That's part of why I love it sooo much! :p

Dreddz
03-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Wouldnt Sun being raped make alot of sense, it means she didnt lie to Jin. I definately think theres a whole lot more to Suns pregnancy than a miracle, what crap ( Oh, but way to go for Jin buggering Sun in a place like that )

McLovin'
03-27-2006, 06:05 PM
I bet at the end it'll all be a dream. :rolleyes2
It's gonna be a Final Destination type thing. :D

Kate will wake up and be all like "OMG THE PLANE IS GONNA BURN!!! ERYBUDY RUUUUUUUUUN!!11111111111eleven

:|

Leeza
03-27-2006, 06:08 PM
I love Lost and I've watched the first season at least twice. Reading some of these posts though, it looks like I've missed last week's episode for some reason. Don't know how that could have happened.

Sawyer was my fav until the last few stunts that he pulled and that thing with the frog was just plain mean. I don't think I like him anymore.

Despotus
03-27-2006, 06:21 PM
Yeah, it was uncalled for. Hurley couldn't do much (like kick his a$$, really) because of the whole food hoarding thing; but he ought to have said "Sawyer, you're an evil, evil man. I'll be watching you, punk!":mad:

Kirobaito
03-27-2006, 07:28 PM

That "theory" is just as ridiculous as the one that claims that Charlie raped Sun. Honestly, the people who are running around claiming that the Island impregnated Sun make me want to whack them upside the head.
Well, I don't exactly MEAN that the Island impregnated Sun. I'm saying that the Island is the reason that Sun is pregnant. It's very possible that Jin is the father, and probably likely, but such an event would not have occurred if not for the Island. Are we forgetting that Locke was cured of paralysis (which I've been waiting forever for his next episode).

Miriel
03-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Awhile ago, I might have agreed with you that the Island had a lot to do with it, as it seemingly did with Locke. But given all the new information we've learned about the Island, it's clear that the Island itself isn't as mystical as people once thought it was. It's now much more scientifici and... experimental I guess than what it was in the first season. Locke's paralysis and cure might not even have been the Island's doing, and while Locke firmly believes that it was, I think we can all agree that Locke has become something of an Island zealot. Placing total faith on an Island and in the buttons when a little skepticism would do him good.

Zante
03-27-2006, 08:35 PM
That show is great. Its only at the 7 episode here atm, have to wait a weak for the next one. Why the hell couldnt they air it daily? :( :mad2:

Rye
03-27-2006, 10:53 PM
I also thought of the Charlie raped her theory, but I really doubt he'd do that. It's more like Jin's or just a miracle! But that's everyone's theories. IT COULD BE ANYTHING! BUT I WANNA KNOW! ;__; xD

Despotus
03-28-2006, 12:41 AM
There are other questions to discuss than just #4. :p I'd like to hear your theories about "the prisoner" too. That guy is as creepy as Ethan if you ask moi.

And what the heck has happened to Desmond (If I remember his name correctly)? You know, the guy on the race around the world. Is he just out there running, and running, and running or what?

Vincent, Thunder God
03-28-2006, 12:59 AM
Yes, I really like lost. (Cool, its Cid! The creator of Eoff!)

But overall I prefer Prison Break since Season 2 of Lost is sort of less exciting/relevant.

Griff
03-28-2006, 01:46 AM
Lost is great, but the previews are too suspenseful, it turns fans into addicts, causing them to desperately search the internet for what's going to happen. especially this weeks preview. "next week on Lost, 5 major events will happen, each more shocking than the last, plot turns galore, freaky crap, and Jack gets kicked in the junk, why? find out, next week"

ok i warped that a bit, but you get the point

Rye
03-28-2006, 01:50 AM
There are other questions to discuss than just #4. :p I'd like to hear your theories about "the prisoner" too. That guy is as creepy as Ethan if you ask moi.

Personally, I doubt he's an Other, but I don't think he's a balloon guy either. Balloon people are too nice. He's sarcastic and smart. I think he's like Desmond. Like, neither. But probably like, a prisoner or something... who was carried away on a balloon? Or a prisoner who SAW the balloon and used it as an excuse? I dunno, my theory needs working on. xD

Despotus
03-31-2006, 04:32 AM

Personally, I doubt he's an Other, but I don't think he's a balloon guy either. Balloon people are too nice. He's sarcastic and smart. I think he's like Desmond. Like, neither. But probably like, a prisoner or something... who was carried away on a balloon? Or a prisoner who SAW the balloon and used it as an excuse? I dunno, my theory needs working on. xD
Appears you may have been very right about him. Are you psychic, or do you write for the show? Come on, Rye, tell us the truth. You're dating somebody from the show, right? It's Charlie, right? Or Hugo? Sawyer? Please tell me it's not Jack. :D

VorpalCyberWolf
03-31-2006, 04:39 AM
Just got done watching it actually. I really havent been following the series, but the more I see, the more interested in it I am. I wanna get the first season... The character development is awesome.

Del Murder
03-31-2006, 05:09 AM
I don't like it when nothing happens. This week's episode satisfied me though.

Answers to the asked questions:

1. This has been answered already. It was kind of stupid for them to put a kid on the show in the first place.

2. Pippin aka Charlie

3. Who cares? I probably don't care about Charlie because I haven't seen the whole first season. Maybe he was a hero in that or something.

4. It's either Jin's baby or it will be explained in another one of her flashbacks. I don't think it has anything to do with the island.

5. I don't think so. Obviously he wasn't who he said he was, though.

Eko needs more air time. He's the most interesting character at the moment.

Rye
03-31-2006, 11:05 AM

Appears you may have been very right about him. Are you psychic, or do you write for the show? Come on, Rye, tell us the truth. You're dating somebody from the show, right? It's Charlie, right? Or Hugo? Sawyer? Please tell me it's not Jack. :D

Wow, I was kinda right! xD I'm usually never right with theories like that! :D

And yeah, Eko is my favourite after Sun, I wish he'd get more air time too, though then again, it makes it even better when you do see him, if he's less shown.

Moon Rabbits
03-31-2006, 01:57 PM
My favourite characters are Locke, Mr. Eko, Sun, Sayid, and Rose.

My least favourite ones are Kate*coughwhorecough*, Jack *coughweeniecough*, Hurley*coughuselesscough*, and Ana Lucille *coughDIEALREADYYOUFREAKINB***Hcough*.

Does anyone else hate Ana with a burning passion because Michelle Rodriguez or whatever plays the same type of character in EVERYTHING!?

As for Henry (the guy with the balloon) I really thought that he was one of the "Others" because of the end of the last episode...but after rethinking it afterward my theory is that :

He isn't one of the Others and really did crash in that balloon. What if the Others dug up his wife and replaced her with the guy and the card...okay it's probably not true but I like it.

And what about the crazy map that showed up on the wall?? Why did the speakers start counting down all of a sudden??

Also, you know the instructional video that Locke and Jack watched with the guy explaining the button? Well there's another one circulating the internet for the Station Five bunker...or the 'Goblet'. http://www.thetailsection.com/procedure.swf

I'm trying to find other ones for the other 6 or so stations. After watching the Goblet video and remembering the Swan one, I think that the Dharma Initiative might be a human nature experiment...to test if a human would go on faith to follow instructions, like Locke is doing with the button?

Wow...long post. :D

Kirobaito
03-31-2006, 02:16 PM
I'm trying to find other ones for the other 6 or so stations. After watching the Goblet video and remembering the Swan one, I think that the Dharma Initiative might be a human nature experiment...to test if a human would go on faith to follow instructions, like Locke is doing with the button?
While this seems like a plausible theory, Jack already exclaimed it way back at the beginning of season 2. This show has never worked like that. It has to be something entirely different. The information that the whole Dharma thing might just be to see if they press the button out of fear is already out in the open.

Despotus
04-01-2006, 12:41 AM
My favourite characters are Locke, Mr. Eko, Sun, Sayid, and Rose.
It's about time: There's a Rose and Bernard episode coming up in two weeks!!! :D Yeay!!!

My least favourite ones are... Hurley*coughuselesscough*
Hey now, the "useless" guy built a freakin' golf course, okay? I would fall to the ground and thank him just for that. And, then there's the bad mojo with the numbers that he's wise to. Hugo is the bomb, and I'm not just saying that because he's rich. :p

And what about the crazy map that showed up on the wall?? Why did the speakers start counting down all of a sudden??

There's a detailed blowup of the map on that website you posted the link to. Looks pretty freaky!! As for the countdown, clearly it had to do with the lockdown and maybe it had something to do with the food drop they found outside the hatch.

Moon Rabbits
04-01-2006, 03:23 AM
Yeah, also somewhere on the map it said "low activity during restocking ... or something to that effect, so perhaps it locks down during supply drops?

Dreddz
04-01-2006, 09:51 AM
who would Of guessed he was lying :O

Miriel
04-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Who wouldn't have guessed it? :p

I thought that it was pretty obvious that he wasn't to be trusted. The fact that there actually is a henry gale surprised me though.

Despotus
04-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Who wouldn't have guessed it? :p

I thought that it was pretty obvious that he wasn't to be trusted. The fact that there actually is a henry gale surprised me though.
Yep, he was Dorothy's uncle. Probably got swept away to the island during that big twister that took his niece to Oz. :p