PDA

View Full Version : mortal combat something great

Reeno the Alchemist
03-25-2006, 05:48 PM
it is one of the best fighting games ever (i wish my deadly allience game would work)but i grew up with mortal combat thats when me and my dad watched it every day. i wanna know if anybody want5s another mortal combat movie cause i do the first movie was the best i didnt like the second one very much though they ruined Sonia (or however you spell it)she was cool till the second movie

Shoeberto
03-25-2006, 05:53 PM
General Gaming por favor.

Shoden
03-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Wtf is Mortal Combat? Is it that hardcore fighting game spelled "Mortal Kombat"?, if so then yeah it kicks more ass then Tekken and Street Fighter put together.

Reeno the Alchemist
03-25-2006, 05:57 PM
isnt por favor spanish??

................CRAP i meant to put a k not a c dang it i must be otta cheetos im not much of a fan am i

SoulTaker*
03-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Yeah they are coming out with a 3rd movie, Mortal Kombat: Devastation its called I think. from what I have read it is supposed to skip over Annihilation because it was such a crappy movie, Christopher Lambert is set to reprise as Raiden, and Quan Chi will be the antagonist.

Reeno the Alchemist
03-25-2006, 06:09 PM
YAY ANOTHER MOVIE WOOHOO im gonna watch it(FINALLY i got somthin other than ff7 ac to watch)

Dreddz
03-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Wtf is Mortal Combat? Is it that hardcore fighting game spelled "Mortal Kombat"?, if so then yeah it kicks more ass then Tekken and Street Fighter put together.
What Are You On ?

(CECIL120X
03-26-2006, 09:03 PM

dude i think theres not one fighting game that can be better than tekken and street fighter put together. mortal combat was on a sega console and in the arcades have youve been living in a cave

mortal kombat still kicks major ass....and its funny when you beat up your opponent and then slowly walk their way. graphics are awesome too and the special moves.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Oh dear. Joel will not like this thread. Not at all. :aimsad:

Lychon
03-26-2006, 09:17 PM
What Are You On ?

Whatever he's on, I'm on it too. Mortal Kombat is the greatest fighting game ever made, and by no means on the same level as Tekken or Street Fighter. (Soul Caliber and Dead or Alive also rock). DISCLAIMER: THAT WAS MY OPINION

As far as a third movie coming, YES! More blood, more carnage, more fighting, smooth! I hope I get to see Noob Saibot being cheap as **** in this one, lol .

-LYCHON

Markus. D
03-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Mortal Kombat is fun :D

I knew how to do Kitana's combo where she bassically gets a flawless victory after doing it, this was on mortal kombat 2.

Shoden
03-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Street FIghter bored me, Tekken had an amazing storyline and MK just killed them because of the fatalities, violence, gore and characters.

Shiny
03-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Oh Mortal Kombat, so gruesome, so many moves to master, so great. I really like the originals for Nintendo.

Levian
03-26-2006, 10:43 PM
Oh dear. Joel will not like this thread. Not at all. :aimsad:

My initial thought.

Markus. D
03-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Noob Saibot was probably my third best.

Mo-Nercy
03-27-2006, 07:07 AM
MK is one of the greatest fighters to have ever graced arcade and console alike.

On one hand, it's a helluva lot of fun to play. The blood, the gore and the sheer awesomeness of all most of the characters come together to make a game that you can't put down.

On the other hand, the fighting engine isn't as deep or complex as pretty much all the 3D fighters available right now (Tekken and Soul Calibur really kick several shades of brown out it. Even the lesser 3Ders like Dead or Alive and Virtua Fighter are easily more in depth). And in the 2D arena, nothing can really stand up to KoF.

Vyk
03-27-2006, 07:10 AM
I enjoyed some Mortal Kombat. But it all got old to me really fast. But I'd still watch Mortal Kombat: Conquest if I could. Such an awesome show...

a nirvana fan
03-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Mortal Kombat is extremely good, I think its the best fighting game series ever, Soul Calibur comes close. Also yeah it would be great if they made another movie, ive seen them all and the TV series, I really enjoyed them, oh and by the way Scorpion is the best character in MK.

KentaRawr!
03-27-2006, 07:45 PM
I don't like Mortal Kombat much, but I used to. I used Sub-Zero. Probably one of the main reasons I like blue so much...

(Freezes you)

PUNCH!

(Freezes you)

PUNCH!

(Freezes you)

PUNCH!

(Freezes you)

PUNCH!

(Freezes you)

Upper cut!

(You fall down on to a spike)

FATALITY!

n_n I r ch33p!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-27-2006, 09:14 PM
What Are You On ?

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-27-2006, 11:56 PM
It's really not that exciting of a game. The novelty of the gore wears off rather fast and after you see all the fatalities, there's really no more point in playing. Not to mention its a mediocre fighting game at best, as far as gameplay is concerned.

(CECIL120X
03-28-2006, 12:09 AM
i haven't played it since the sega was around (it was my older brothers)

i kick a$$ with that alectric guy with the japanese hat,sub zero, and the yellow robot

my sister was 2 times better than me and she kick my a$$ with the lond haired duddet.

CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE GIVE ME their names? it been a while but i wish we were in the same city so we can battle it out

KentaRawr!
03-28-2006, 12:14 AM
i haven't played it since the sega was around (it was my older brothers)

i kick a$$ with that alectric guy with the japanese hat,sub zero, and the yellow robot

my sister was 2 times better than me and she kick my a$$ with the lond haired duddet.

CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE GIVE ME their names? it been a while but i wish we were in the same city so we can battle it out

Electric guy with a japanese hat? I think he's Raiden. The dudette is Sindell. The yellow robot... well, I don't know his name. Just call him "That bot that looks like Cyrax but he's yellow."

Vincent Valentine
03-28-2006, 01:23 AM
Electric guy with a japanese hat? I think he's Raiden. The dudette is Sindell. The yellow robot... well, I don't know his name. Just call him "That bot that looks like Cyrax but he's yellow."
That would be Sektor.

---------

As for my thoughts on the game...

It possesses too many cheap and exploitable moves.
Its over emphasise on gore is childish, and dull.
Its system requires no real skill or tactics.

It's a midly decent game if you just want to have a bit of fun, but if you're looking for a genuinely skillful beat-em-up with depth and complexity, then Virtua Fighter 4 is the king of that crown, and will remain the strongest beat-em-up on the market for a while to come yet.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-28-2006, 01:30 AM
i liked cyrax <3

Lionx
03-28-2006, 02:21 AM
I honestly think the characters are even wrost than Ryu clones, and while the story is good, it does not make a fighter live, its the depth and competition in which MK fails at, and hence i dont quite like it and find it inferior as a fighting game.

As a "fun" game? Maybe, but what makes a fighting game good is competition and deep gameplay in which will make fighters the most fun, which MK does not deliver.

SoulTaker*
03-28-2006, 02:39 AM
Mortal Kombat was the first video game to come out with a credible storyline, and probably the only good video game based movie ever. Street fighters my game, but its not even a video game anymore, its more of an anime. The story has only been played out in the anime and the in game story is terrible.

Lionx
03-28-2006, 03:29 AM
And we buy fighting games for story?

I dont know i dont really get the point of the thread...but i still feel MK as a real fighting game, is not that good, the story was pretty decent though, but that doesnt keep it alive

Timber Maniac
03-28-2006, 06:34 AM
I haven't enjoyed an MK game since the second. There are many fighters that are simply better. Also, gore and fatalities do not interest me in the least bit when it comes to gaming.

~SapphireStar~
03-28-2006, 01:00 PM
Never really got into Mortal Kombat. More a Tekken and Street Fighter fan.

(CECIL120X
03-29-2006, 10:01 PM
mk, streetfighter, tekken are the games i usually play that are fighting games (notice i put mk first)

Shiny
03-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Oh I like Street Fighter as well. Never played Tekken, but I heard it was good.

Avathar
04-13-2006, 11:43 PM
http://www.starterupsteve.com/flash/html/mortal_kombat_mishaps3.shtml

:D

Erdrick Holmes
04-13-2006, 11:47 PM

I don't know what's funnier, the fact you call it 'hardcore fighting' or the fact you think it's better than Street Fighter,

KentaRawr!
04-14-2006, 12:20 AM
I don't know what's funnier, the fact you call it 'hardcore fighting' or the fact you think it's better than Street Fighter,

While I do not like Mortal Kombat much, I can say that it is entirely a matter of opinion. o.o

The funnier one is that he calls it hard-core fighting. >_>

Lionx
04-14-2006, 12:58 AM
Well in terms of copetition MK does not seem to win at all. EVO is one of the biggest tournaments out there and they list Guilty Gear XX, CvS2, MvC2, and 3S as their main crop of 2-D fighting. MK is not even considered worthy. While i am perplexed as to why KoF is not listed even though Japanese people are competing in those tournies as well...maybe its the popularity issue..everyone in Asia plays KoF.

The only things i disagree with EVO is that they need KoF and Smash(and yes Smash played competitively is a different beast, more different that you might think...). But in general EVO has the most competitive games out there, and MK is not listed and hence its not really that much noted.

Erdrick Holmes
04-14-2006, 01:15 AM
I thought EVO tossed KoF 2003 and CvS2 in there.

Roto13
04-14-2006, 02:17 AM
Mortal Kombat is an absolute joke amongst fighting game fans.

Lionx
04-14-2006, 02:25 AM
No i never remembered KoF being there but CvS2 is still there, its in the EVO2K5 Trailer and there are recordings of it too, i have em on the computer. Try looking at shoryuken.com for the 2005 trailer. Besides what other 2-D fighter came out these days lately thats worth playing.

Mortal Kombat is an absolute joke amongst fighting game fans.

Its true, among the real competition, no one takes MK more than a game full of gimmicks. Its like FF series, and theres Xenosaga and theres Tales series, but then theres that oddball one out there thats equivalent to FF: Mystic Quest in calibur, and thats MK. No one takes MK seriously as a fighter. Theres a good reason too ;o

Erdrick Holmes
04-14-2006, 03:40 AM
Take the button combos of MK moves.

Projectile attack for an MK character: F,F, Punch

Projectile attack for a Guilty Gear or Street Fighter: D,DF,F Punch

Plus all of the characters behave the same, sure they all have different special moves, but they all walk, run, jump, crouch, block, punch, and kick at the same speed and power. Plus MK has the worst character roster I ever seen, half of the game's cast of characters is a ninja for every colour of the rainbow. WHAT'S THE POINT OF BEING A NINJA IF YOU'RE WEARING BRIGHT COLOURS? Unless you're a cream coloured ninja and you wanna steal stuff from Bed Bath and Beyond.

Lionx
04-14-2006, 04:06 AM
GOGO KOMBAT NINJAS! *theme goes on* New mighty morphin kombat ninjas! o_O; *goes into ninjazord and insert flashy SFX here*

(CECIL120X
04-18-2006, 10:59 PM
if street fighter was a dictator it would have ruled the world........if MK was a dictator it would have ended it..........i go with street fighter.

Mercen-X
04-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Yeah they are coming out with a 3rd movie, Mortal Kombat: Devastation its called I think. from what I have read it is supposed to skip over Annihilation because it was such a crappy movie, Christopher Lambert is set to reprise as Raiden, and Quan Chi will be the antagonist.
I haven't heard of this, but yeah. I wanted to make a movie based on the 3rd DA installment Armageddon. It's shaping up to be the best game in the MK series. Although I really miss the stop-motion-capture pics used in the first three games.
My thought is that they would treat Annihilation like it happened, because it really did suck:
Nightwolf: "Do you like that? It's my Animality." Stupidest line EVER!

Anyway, I hope that Devastation is a real movie. Regardless, they'd have to at least mention every character we've seen somehow, but who would you like to see in the movie?

I'd like to see Zombie Liu Kang, Johnny Cage (who isn't dead because Annihilation didn't count), Shao Khan (who isn't dead because Annihilation didn't count), and . . . Scorpion of course! By the way, you notice that every characters name replays "C" with "K" unless it makes a "Ch" yet Scorpion and Johnny Cage are the only ones to whom this tradition doesn't apply.

MK has half of the game's cast of characters is a ninja for every colour of the rainbow. WHAT'S THE POINT OF BEING A NINJA IF YOU'RE WEARING BRIGHT COLOURS? Unless you're a cream coloured ninja and you wanna steal stuff from Bed Bath and Beyond.Actually, most of the ninja have been changed. The only remaining ninja are actually Scorpion and Sub-Zero (and possibly Noob, if you want).
Reptile is a lizard thing, Ermac is an entity comprised of assorted poltergeists, Rain is a sorcerer, Smoke is a weird smoky cyber-deal.