PDA

View Full Version : FF 1 Strategic Masters

Vincent, Thunder God
03-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Hi, I was wondering, has anyone ever beaten FF 1 with an all-mage party or a 1-person party (you keep all but 1 character KOed)? They are two fairly well-known challenges that people take with the game. It's one thing to beat either challenge on Easy in FF origins...how about beating the game on Normal? Or on the NES with no memo saves?

If you didn't do those two, what was the trickiest party you ever used?

Evastio
03-26-2006, 12:58 AM
The hardest challenge I've ever tried was a Thief, Red Mage, Monk, and Black Mage team on Normal Mode. Can't say I've done a solo challenge.

ljkkjlcm9
03-26-2006, 04:07 PM
I've done most anything you can think of. Solo Black belt was hard at first, but got easier and easier as you progressed (magic casting items huge help). I don't really remember what was the hardest, they all had difficult parts, except for Solo Fighter really.

THE JACKAL

Captain Maxx Power
03-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Many have claimed that Solo White Mage is the hardest, and I'm inclined to agree. Complete lack of offensive capability for nearly all the game (disincluding Undead) and ridiculously low defence combined to create some serious problems. Of course it is entirely possible, since I've seen logs about this very challenge. However I don't think anyone's ever tried a Low Level White Mage challenge.

ljkkjlcm9
03-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Many have claimed that Solo White Mage is the hardest, and I'm inclined to agree. Complete lack of offensive capability for nearly all the game (disincluding Undead) and ridiculously low defence combined to create some serious problems. Of course it is entirely possible, since I've seen logs about this very challenge. However I don't think anyone's ever tried a Low Level White Mage challenge.

yeah, because a low level white mage challenge is impossible, at least from my experience, it would be

THE JACKEL

feioncastor
03-27-2006, 12:08 AM
I always play as Fighter, Blk Belt, Blk Mage and Wht Mage. Always.

Once, I replaced my Blk Belt with a Thief, and it was okay, but I like the Blk Belt after he is transformed into a master. He hits insanely hard. Insanely hard, to be sure. I've noticed that despite the actual figures listed in the status menu, the Master actually hits much harder barehanded than he does with a weapon of any kind.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-27-2006, 12:19 AM
I always play as Fighter, Blk Belt, Blk Mage and Wht Mage. Always.

Once, I replaced my Blk Belt with a Thief, and it was okay, but I like the Blk Belt after he is transformed into a master. He hits insanely hard. Insanely hard, to be sure. I've noticed that despite the actual figures listed in the status menu, the Master actually hits much harder barehanded than he does with a weapon of any kind.

I did Warrior/Red Mage/Thief/White Mage and I found it rather difficult on Normal. Next time I'm going to use your plan. Warrior/Monk/BM/WM. Those are the FF origins names btw.

boys from the dwarf
03-28-2006, 06:47 AM
i tried a solo monk. it was good at first but got very boring. its not hard at all because all it involves is a lot of leveling and constant attacking which needs no strategy or skill at all.