PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Questions About Jecht

ehsteve
03-25-2006, 10:41 PM
**Look sharp, me hearty, thar be spoilers ahead!**

In the opening scene of the game, how did Sin/Jecht manage to get himself back into the Fayth's dream world? And how did Jecht get into Spira in the first place? Tidus managed because Auron was able to ride Sin to Zanarkand to fetch him, but Jecht apparently did it on his own. I hope you guys aren't as confused about this as I am.

Tavrobel
03-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Jecht has free will of whether he wants to go to DZ or Spira, while as Sin. The first time he was taken to Spira, was supposedly an accident, when the former Sin came too close to DZ, and Jecht went a bit too far out into the ocean to train. Supposedly, the game doesn't elaborate much further; but the Ultimania guide does (not that I've ever read it, so I would not know about anything in it).

How and why Sins would want to see DZ is a completely different story, one I would not be the best to explain.

Sain Cai
03-26-2006, 03:14 PM
It is interesting, since Dream Zanarkand, is just that....a dream. Now how does something of someone's imagination, therefore become real. Yes Jecht was far out in the ocean, but how does Sin really play a part in a dream?

My only theory is that the fayth throught so hard to make Jecht real that he was able to do so, then due to the hatred that Tidus had (as well as his logic in looking outside the problem) made him real also. Ah well, thinking to hard on this will give me a headache.

Tavrobel
03-26-2006, 03:25 PM
It is interesting, since Dream Zanarkand, is just that....a dream. Now how does something of someone's imagination, therefore become real. Yes Jecht was far out in the ocean, but how does Sin really play a part in a dream?

My only theory is that the fayth throught so hard to make Jecht real that he was able to do so, then due to the hatred that Tidus had (as well as his logic in looking outside the problem) made him real also. Ah well, thinking to hard on this will give me a headache.

An emotion, while not tangible, is real. An emotion is imaginatory, but no less real than when we yell at someone for berating their misuse of the word "prerogative". Sin and DZ are both dreams of the Fayth; that is how they are connected. But as I said, why Sin would want to interact so closely to DZ is another story.

Jecht was already real by the time he entered Spira, probably the reason he was made real was BECAUSE he had entered Spira. Same reason for Tidus (but his appearance in X-2 is of different origin, so don't include that). Tidus and Jecht didn't even know an outside world existed, and since they had no desire to do so, the fayth could not possibly have granted them their wish to see the world, they would not need the effort of making them real. Plus, Yu Yevon rules over DZ with an eagle's eye, making sure the integrity of DZ was kept. Why he missed Jecht and Tidus is also a theory to speculate upon.

Little Blue
03-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Calling it Dream Zanarkand is misleading. It is a dream in the fayth's mind, but it is given physical form by Yu Yevon summoning DZ, and like all summons, it has a physical location in Spira. That is how Sin can easily go back and forth frm DZ.

Jecht got to Spira by accident, he was swimming in the sea one day, and got stuck on Sin, dragged to Spira.

Why Sin gets close to DZ might be answered by speaking to Ifrit's Fayth after you meet Mika once you have the airship.

Sin swam in the sea near Zanarkand. Perhaps the waking dream eased its suffering.
This implies that Sin often approached DZ, but not near enough for its killing response to kick in.