PDA

View Full Version : South park has no class and is a trashy disrespectful , unclutured, undiversfied show

lovehurts
03-26-2006, 12:15 AM
I will remain biast Do you agree though?
I wont say wether or not I agree or why I am asking what you think of it.

Question is south park merely

A trashy , disrespectful, uncltured, undiversified, unmorale, volgur, "white trash" (as some one said) show?

There is what is in question but I guess what I was questioning is what some one I know said to me...

"South park is a trashy, white trash show"

Venom
03-26-2006, 12:17 AM
South park is a pretty good show, although there are times when they take it a little too far.

Death Penalty
03-26-2006, 12:17 AM
Thats whats funny about it. Thats the whole humor of the show.

Chris
03-26-2006, 12:18 AM
You know what? South Park has been around for so long now, so I do not understand why people moan about how trashy it is now. It's actually very simple: if you don't like it, do not watch it. :)

Death Penalty
03-26-2006, 12:18 AM
Comedy is finding the line that your not supposed to cross
and crossing it-George Carlin

Momiji
03-26-2006, 12:20 AM
You know what? South Park has been around for so long now, so I do not understand why people moan about how trashy it is now. It's actually very simple: if you don't like it, do not watch it. :)

Exactly.

Trumpet Thief
03-26-2006, 12:21 AM
chaos: Two minutes of South Park make me laugh more than anything else in my entire life. It's ingenious, and I love it. :)

Death Penalty
03-26-2006, 12:23 AM
SOuth park has no class and is a trashy disrespectful , unclutured, undiversfied show is why I like it.

VorpalCyberWolf
03-26-2006, 12:23 AM
Ahh Satire. *Eats it up like Candy*

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-26-2006, 12:24 AM
Disrespectful? Yes. All of those other things? No.

There is far worse crap on TV then South Park. Jerry Springer and COPS have to be the most low-brow shows I have ever seen.

SoulTaker*
The treat everyone fairly, they dont rag on just one religion, or one culture. And its very funny and ironic, and they actually make deep political statements if you look past all the goofy stuff.

WHat do you call a Jewish ladies boobs? Joobs.

Shoden
South Park is one of the best things there is on TV "don't call me fat you fucking jew!"
"Cartman did you say the F word?"
"Jew?"

Chris
03-26-2006, 12:26 AM
The best character ever:

http://butters.dyc.edu/images/butters_orig.gif

:love:

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-26-2006, 12:30 AM
Don't you make that face at me!

Momiji
03-26-2006, 12:30 AM
The best character ever:

http://butters.dyc.edu/images/butters_orig.gif

:love:

Butters!!!! I personally like Kenny better though.

lovehurts
03-26-2006, 12:32 AM
...Ive personaly never seen it thats why I am remaining silent. Without voting. When is it on ?

Hawkeye
03-26-2006, 12:33 AM
"South park is a trashy, white trash show"Thanks for telling us something we already know.

Psychotic
03-26-2006, 12:35 AM
No, it's tired and boring now.

Chris
03-26-2006, 12:36 AM
Butters is the weirdest character I've ever seen on a show. xD

Death Penalty
03-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Ive got something for you in my front pocket

Rye
03-26-2006, 12:42 AM
South Park is equally mean and disrespectful to everyone, so I have no gripe with it. I don't really watch it much nowadays, but it's still really funny. :)

"Daaaad! Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet!"

Death Penalty
03-26-2006, 12:46 AM
Best line ever
Kyles mom is a bitch

Shoden
03-26-2006, 01:24 AM
Season 9 is absolute madness "ma'am you have hippies" they gather for a massive jamfest and South Park is taken over, Cartmon takes the piss out of the core and goes on a suicide mission in a drill machine then plays Slayer - Raining Blood lol.

Trumpet Thief
03-26-2006, 01:45 AM
Rubedo: The episode about "The Passion of the Christ" and Mel Gibson still stands out in my mind.

Trowa: All I know is that I will miss Chef.

Giga Guess
03-26-2006, 02:19 AM
It is in fact all of the above. It's also funny as hell. Most of the time.

Lindy
03-26-2006, 02:20 AM
A trashy , disrespectful, uncltured, undiversified, unmorale, volgur, "white trash" (as some one said) show?
I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

Also looks like "some one" can't spell 'uncultured', doesn't understand that it's 'immoral' and not "unmorale", and it's spelt 'vulgar' and not "volgur".

Dreddz
03-26-2006, 02:21 AM
I love south park, its prime was long ago ( season 2 in fact ), but still enjoyable, when its not too OTT

SoulTaker*
03-26-2006, 02:23 AM
The special olympics episode is my favorite. Caartmaaan! :p 2nd is the one were Butters gets a ninja star in the eye.

lovehurts
03-26-2006, 02:29 AM

Also looks like "some one" can't spell 'uncultured', doesn't understand that it's 'immoral' and not "unmorale", and it's spelt 'vulgar' and not "volgur".

nothing could describe it better than....

GRAMMAR NAZI

Madame Adequate
03-26-2006, 02:31 AM

nothing could describe it better than....

GRAMMAR NAZI

Spelling nazi actually.

Zeromus_X
03-26-2006, 02:34 AM

This is true, but sadly, there'll always be someone who'll complain :cat:

MecaKane
03-26-2006, 04:31 AM
Maybe in the first couple of years.
But South Park is a very smart show these days.

XxSephirothxX
03-26-2006, 05:14 AM
While not as funny as it was a few years ago, South Park is still one of the most penetrating social satires on television today. Sometimes it's just gross to be funny, but quite often it's a deliberate criticism of some part of society. It makes fun of everyone and everything, and the commentary it makes on society usually makes me think just as much as it makes me laugh. Unlike shows such as The Simpsons or Family Guy, South Park actually has something to say.

GooeyToast
03-26-2006, 06:28 AM
While not as funny as it was a few years ago, South Park is still one of the most penetrating social satires on television today. Sometimes it's just gross to be funny, but quite often it's a deliberate criticism of some part of society. It makes fun of everyone and everything, and the commentary it makes on society usually makes me think just as much as it makes me laugh. Unlike shows such as The Simpsons or Family Guy, South Park actually has something to say.
I agree

The Captain
03-26-2006, 07:07 AM
Here's some great irony:

"But that's their thing! They're success was built on that cutting-edge stuff. I've had to defend them a lot of times. One time on BET Tonight I defended them because Tavis Smiley, the host on that show, was coming at me. It was a call-in show, too, so people were calling in. I told them not to take this stuff seriously. If you do, you'll get in trouble. Just enjoy it. Remember your high-school yearbook? You look at those pictures now, you laugh, right? That's what South Park is. You got to laugh at it. Because we cursed, but we just didn't dare let the principals, the teachers, or the preachers hear it. And we didn't turn out bad, okay? Just look at it that way. Also, usually there's some kind of moral message at the end for the kids, by the Chef."

- Isaac Hayes, January 2006.

Take care all.

Lychon
03-26-2006, 07:16 AM

This is true, but sadly, there'll always be someone who'll complain :cat:

South Parks rocks. It is way beyond liberal- it goes to the far left side of the :shutter: progressive/libertarians, lol .

But yes, if you don't like it do not watch it. Same thing for Howard Stern(if you don't like it, don't listen!)

-LYCHON

Rengori
03-26-2006, 08:05 AM
chaos: Two minutes of South Park make me laugh more than anything else in my entire life. It's ingenious, and I love it. :)
High five *sees personality which posted* Chaos!

vampirepiggyhunter7
03-26-2006, 08:11 AM
It's very funny. There is nothing wrong with laughing at it.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-26-2006, 11:56 AM
I'll agree with everything Azar said. Except I think it's funnier now than it ever was. And while it's not apparent, South Park has alot of class for what it is. They're not afraid to say what needs to be said on most of the issues going on. It's unfortunate that they're presented in such crude manners, as the people who need to be watching the show don't because of that. But the crude mannerisms are what make it great.

There's alot of truth in that show. More than people realize. It's one of my favorite shows on television right now.

Mirage
03-26-2006, 02:27 PM
I agree that it is disrespectful and uncultured, but I don't care, cause it's funny.
*Votes who cares, it's funny.*

Pure Strife
03-26-2006, 02:56 PM
I find it as entertaining as ever. Not as laugh out loud funny as it once was, but there are still some sweet moments scattered throughout every episode. The one with Wing was great.

Giga Guess
03-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Here's some great irony:

"But that's their thing! They're success was built on that cutting-edge stuff. I've had to defend them a lot of times. One time on BET Tonight I defended them because Tavis Smiley, the host on that show, was coming at me. It was a call-in show, too, so people were calling in. I told them not to take this stuff seriously. If you do, you'll get in trouble. Just enjoy it. Remember your high-school yearbook? You look at those pictures now, you laugh, right? That's what South Park is. You got to laugh at it. Because we cursed, but we just didn't dare let the principals, the teachers, or the preachers hear it. And we didn't turn out bad, okay? Just look at it that way. Also, usually there's some kind of moral message at the end for the kids, by the Chef."

- Isaac Hayes, January 2006.

Take care all.

Says the man who bolted like a cat with it's tail on fire when they lampooned Scientology...:p

Odaisé Gaelach
03-28-2006, 10:30 AM
South Park is much more brilliant now than what it started out as. Don't take it too seriously.

Despotus
03-28-2006, 02:23 PM
In most episodes, the adults of S.Park (and Cartman) act like total asses, but it's the kids who point out how smurfed up they're acting and teach us all a wonderful moral. :cool: Best cartoon ever!

Itsunari 2000
03-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Don't diss South Park.

Leucant
03-28-2006, 02:38 PM
As far as i'm concerned, the things and people they make fun of, have had it coming for a very long time. Whether it's religion, the president, or hookers from Las Vegas(although i don't think they've ever made fun of those???). I show no sympathy for any of the groups that are made fun of and i find it quite HILARIOUS!!! Especially the show about gingers....lol So no i don't share your view of it being trashy. It's satire at its best and Cartman is a god...

p.s. NO KITTY that's my POT PIE:D

Despotus
03-28-2006, 02:52 PM
...Ive personaly never seen it thats why I am remaining silent. Without voting. When is it on ?
Guys, take notice that he ISN'T saying that it is his opinion that S.P. is trashy, etc... That is an opinion that he heard from someone else. My best guess would be he heard an Evangelical preacher say something nasty about it, or maybe an old, hard-nosed librarian or someone...:rolleyes2

Several people have said they disagree with Lovehurts' opinion. Wrong. I hope he comes to love the show as much as we do!!

Loony BoB
03-28-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm with Spiff and Azar. They make fun of my religion, too, but you have to take that kind of stuff with a grain of salt.

Just thought I'd also mention that just because South Park says it doesn't mean you can say it here, though. These forums are family friendly, and South Park is not rated on the same level. Keep it clean in here, guys, as difficult as it might be for some of you.

EDIT: And although I don't like the idea of changing the main four characters, I still think that Butters is the best character on the show, yeah. He rocks.

Shooting Star
03-28-2006, 04:40 PM
south park is funny, i like mr. hankey the christmas poo and cartman.

~SapphireStar~
03-28-2006, 04:42 PM
I prefered it when I was in high school and the humor was amazing. Now Im 50/50 with it. Some episodes make me laugh, whilst others make me think "Is this considered entertainment now?!"

And although I don't like the idea of changing the main four characters, I still think that Butters is the best character on the show, yeah. He rocks.
Agreed, Butters is a darling. I love the episode dedicated to him in series 5 I think it was. When Butters had his own TV show and it was his parents aniversary. Not saying anymore cause you need to view it, its classic!

Raistlin
03-28-2006, 05:22 PM
I've just recently started watching South Park again (haven't watched it regularly for years), and I have to say, I'm extremely impressed. The show is very allegorical and makes a lot of good points. It's also very funny.

That, and the creators are self-proclaimed libertarians, so they definitely make sense.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
03-28-2006, 05:47 PM
I love South Park its flippin sweet and funny i love Butter, Kenny and Jimmy

Yamaneko
03-28-2006, 05:53 PM
When the show started it was all about pushing boundaries. Sure it was funny, but there wasn't a lot to offer. The past few years the show has grown into a full-fledged commentary on American society which happens to be even funnier than the stuff they did before. The show is great.