PDA

View Full Version : Favorite FFT Battle theme

Zeromus_X
03-26-2006, 07:11 AM
I like 'Apoplexy', 'Ultima the Nice Body', and 'Ultima the Perfect Body'.

Too bad Ultima wasn't too perfect...:cat:

Shotgunnova
03-26-2006, 09:02 AM
"Antidote," which is the theme for when you're tasked to save Olan in Goland as well as, if I recall correctly, the theme for all of the colliery battles. If I could wax poetic for a moment, the main harp glissandos at the beginning always remind me of light snowfall, and with the solo woodwind interlude throughout the piece is just incredible against the tympani and chimes. Honestly, I think half the reason I love FFT so much is because its music is so similar to classical compositions, and thus isn't forced to be situational.

My penultimate fave would probably have to be "Night Attack." I'm a trumpet-player (or was), but I absolutely love great drumming, and the drumming here, while kind of basic, sounds not unlike a military cadence's which gives a sense of urgency as the music fades away and the baritone noises kick back in and out. Again, a woodwind is used here above the instrumentation for great effect. I'm in love with this piece. <3

Another good one is "Bloody Excrement," which although evocatively titled, is thunderous in headphones. The way the strings buzz like wasps against the main onslaught is really indicative of a serious situation.

Other favorites o' mine:

-Battle on the Bridge
-Apoplexy
-Run Through the Plain
-Trisection (probably my third or fourth favorite)

feioncastor
03-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Heh, I don't know their names, but I like the one that plays at Ft Zeakden, and at the first very fight at Orbonne. That song...

BG-57
03-27-2006, 02:29 AM
I like Unavoidable Battle.

MogThief
03-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Me likes that one where you fight Miluda the second time. :D