PDA

View Full Version : Brave Fencer Musashi

feioncastor
03-26-2006, 03:45 PM
This game was incredibly fun! While I do love full-on RPGs like Final Fantasy VI, I also enjoy more fast paced action type games like BFM, as well.

The story was... Well, it was weird, to say the least. The graphics were sufficient. They met the needs demanded by the story and gameplay.

And the gameplay is what makes a game! This game had catchy gameplay. The fighting was really enjoyable, and it was so exciting to learn a new combo and head out try it on an enemy.

Plus you can collect action figures of a lot of the characters and enemies in the game. And you can play with them in Musashi's bedroom.

The follow-up, titled "Legendary Samurai Musashi" wasn't terrible, but it seriously had nothing on the original.

Anyone else play this game? If so, what did you think of it?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-26-2006, 03:56 PM
It's great, but I always die at Steamwood.

feioncastor
03-26-2006, 04:10 PM
It's great, but I always die at Steamwood.
Yeah, that part took me several tries. You have to have insane reflexes to pull it off. It's really tough, but the game just continuously gets better from that point on. Except it kinda sucks when you have to save Steamwood the second time. It's even harder then!

Ouch!
03-26-2006, 05:58 PM
I had some fun playing it at my friend's house. We couldn't beat the final boss. D=

feioncastor
03-26-2006, 11:50 PM
BFM is a game in which success lies in the memorization of the enemy's attack pattern. Dark Lumina (the final boss) does the exact same thing, all the time. Once you figure out what that is, you can easily beat him without getting hit even once.

I Took the Red Pill
04-07-2006, 01:58 AM
Yeah BFM was a great game, although I don't remember too much about it, as after I beat the game once and wanted to go through it again, my disc got scratched (well, more like gashed) beyond repair. The one thing I remember is something about not being able to get some spicy food until you had a moustache or something like that. I also remember it having a demo of FF8, which was strangely rated "M", apparently because of the racy language, which was eventually toned down for the final release.

Necronopticous
04-07-2006, 02:07 AM
Brave Fencer Musashi is a masterpiece, easily one of Square's best.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
05-27-2006, 04:12 PM
I got it, while I was on a Square spree on ebay. Right now I'm concentrating on Super NES titles.

I started it and beat the first boss that kidnaps the Princess. Wait, I think I got farther, but not too much farther. I thought it was fun. I should pick it up again sometime. Yes, it did come with a FFVIII demo, which I also played. Anyways, when I was playing BFM, it felt like a Kingdom Hearts prototype, interestingly. Square action RPG, control someone with spiky hair. I wouldn't be surprised if this game helped inspire Kingdom Hearts.

koocnahtanoj
05-27-2006, 07:16 PM
I have "Legendary Samauri Musahsi".Not that amazing of a game.I want to get "Brave Fencer Musashi" but I cannot find it at any of the usual gamestores.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
05-28-2006, 01:38 AM
just go to ebay.

Here ya go. Best deal I could find.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brave-Fencer-Musashi-Sony-Playstation-Mint-PS1-PSX_W0QQitemZ8287427570QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

koocnahtanoj
05-28-2006, 04:28 AM
Thanks man!I should've have thought of that before.:D