PDA

View Full Version : Who likes My Chemical Romance?

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
03-26-2006, 06:41 PM
I do there so flippin sweet I like Helena, The ghost of you and I'm not okay(I promise)

ROCK ON

Epiphany
03-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Eww.

Death Penalty
03-26-2006, 06:48 PM
What the hell is My Chemical Roamnce.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-26-2006, 06:59 PM
A crappy emo band.

Momiji
03-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Don't expect members here to take too kindly to threads like these. I made one about My Chemical Romance and 80% of the replies were 'they suck' in some way shape or form.

Nevertheless, MCR is one of my favorite bands, and I'd also like to add that the stuff from their first
album is so much better than their second.

EDIT:
A crappy emo band.

My point exactly. Rikku_Yuffie_girl, this will be the most common reply to this thread. Brace yourself.

Death Penalty
Oh that explains why I aint heard of em

Spiffing Cheese
I really, really, really don't. :)

Trumpet Thief
03-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Rubedo: I really don't care what genre they are, I like their music, and their videos are very unique, Some of their songs make me laugh, and some I instantly fell in love with (Helena).

chaos: A big fan of them. :D

Shoden
03-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Jesus Christ man. These guys are more of a pop band then rock. They're like Greenday, Mcfly, Busted and other bands. This type of music and cult sucks, these guys could be better at proper rock but they choose this bollocks, shame, wasted talent.

Spiffing Cheese
03-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Jesus Christ man. These guys are more of a pop band then rock. They're like Greenday, Mcfly, Busted and other bands. This type of music and cult sucks, these guys could be better at proper rock but they choose this bollocks, shame, wasted talent.

They're not pop. And, also, neither is Green Day. McFly and Busted are so far from Green Day's style, I wonder why you grouped them together. And as for 'wasted talent' - just because you don't like the style, that doesn't mean that their talent is wasted; they're just using their talent for another genre.

As for My Chemical Romance... as far as emo bands go, they're not as bad as they could be. xD

Shoden
03-26-2006, 07:19 PM
The Main reason I hate them is because my sister wont stop playing their bloody music! they seriously sound bad, they'd be alot better in something like general rock n roll even though I prefer metal. All those bands I mentioned are part of a sub pop genre called Pop-Rock, the stuff that causes northern girls to go mad and obsessive, man, the horror. I'm glad I ain traumatized from these rabid fangirls up here.

Reeno the Alchemist
03-26-2006, 07:28 PM
my chemical romance is awesome i love the song im not okay cause it reminds me of myself lmao

~SapphireStar~
03-26-2006, 07:46 PM
Lord no. Cant stand emo bands, not my taste.

Shoden
03-26-2006, 07:48 PM
I think I'm the only one with a perfectly good reason to hate them lol.

Death Penalty
03-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Lord no. Cant stand emo bands, not my taste.
Can barely stand Emo's so I doubt Ill eventry listenin to em.

a nirvana fan
03-26-2006, 07:52 PM
My Chemical Romance are utter crap. They are goth wanabees, they write crappy songs about death, slitting wrists and love oh and being aparthetic, there just totally crap.

Drizzt
03-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Don't know them ...
but i like The Anix .. isn't it kind of the same genre?

Venom
03-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Dont really like MCR all that much.

I Don't Need A Name
03-26-2006, 08:54 PM
I think they're great

Spiffing Cheese
03-26-2006, 10:20 PM
I think I'm the only one with a perfectly good reason to hate them I cried aloud with mirth and merriment.

Well that's stupid. Everyone has a good reason to hate them - like if they don't like their style, possibly? :rolleyes2

Shoden
03-26-2006, 10:24 PM
But my reason is the best :D, well everyone knows younger sisters suck.
BTW, what kind of a name is "My Chemical Romance" That somehow doesn't sound right to me.

Markus. D
03-27-2006, 12:16 AM
Helena and ghost of you is an amazing song.

Helena has an awesome film clip to go with it aswell.

eestlinc
03-27-2006, 04:21 AM
I love that late eighties/early nineties shoegazer sound!

Oh wait, that's My Bloody Valentine, who are actually good.

Rengori
03-27-2006, 04:27 AM
What's a My Chemical Romance? Sounds like some kinda of feminine hygiene product.

SoulTaker*
03-27-2006, 04:38 AM
I love a song from these dudes, the Helena one, my sister was playing it one day and it just got stuck in my head.

Zeromus_X
03-27-2006, 05:02 AM
I only remember seeing one video of them on tv, I enjoyed it. :cat:

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
03-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Man your right i shouldnt have started this a lot of people dont like them. well i like them so who cares

Momiji
03-28-2006, 01:36 AM
Man your right i shouldnt have started this a lot of people dont like them. well i like them so who cares

Can't say I didn't warn you.

~SapphireStar~
03-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Then why on Gods green earth make this thread? Its to hear others opinions isnt it? So the I dont care crap is being childish. You asked, we answered. They suck.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
03-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Then why on Gods green earth make this thread? Its to hear others opinions isnt it? So the I dont care crap is being childish. You asked, we answered. They suck.

I made this to see if anybody liked them. So I can handle opinions and it looks like you can't because i said who cares, i said it meaning who cares i still like them, so whos childish, and im not making fun of peoples opinions like you are so back off

~SapphireStar~
03-28-2006, 04:30 PM
You really need to act your age and stop being defensive. I dont care what your opinion is on them, it makes no difference to me, so where you got this from:

So I can handle opinions and it looks like you can't because i said who cares, i said it meaning who cares i still like them, so whos childish, and im not making fun of peoples opinions like you are so back off
Where am I making fun of peoples opinions? I dont see that anywhere in this thread. Its you being OTT once again. And how am I being childish when Im simply pointing something out to you?

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
03-28-2006, 05:19 PM
your being childish by gonig on and on , you disagree with every thread i start and every thing i say and i know you have your own opinion but you start arguements about over stupid stuff like this for example so your the one being childish not me i just simply asked a questin and you gave a anwser that you know would tick me off and you know what it did

Zeldy
03-28-2006, 05:22 PM
I like them, who cares what people in this thread think? Aslong as you like them then who cares?

Its something Ive had to learn the hard way. The United Kingdom hates The Rasmus and now the United Kingdom has won. The Rasmus probably arn't going to release anything over here anymore, the last 2 songs Flopped. Thankyou, United Kingdom, Thankyou.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
03-28-2006, 05:24 PM
thats what i said early but someone had to turn it around when i said who cares i still like them.

Zeldy
03-28-2006, 05:25 PM
thats what i said early but someone had to turn it around when i said who cares i still like them.
Its because the type of people who listens to My Chemical Romance are emo's, and no offence to any emo's, but they are so fun to mock.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
03-28-2006, 05:33 PM
does that mean your a emo

Zeldy
03-28-2006, 05:35 PM
I HAET LIEF, LIEF HAETS ME </3 *slits wrists*

No, No I am not.
I said they was Okay, they are easy listening to, Im not their biggest fan or anything.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
03-28-2006, 05:36 PM
so you kinda like them thats okay i love them though thanks for agreeing

Shoden
03-28-2006, 05:40 PM
There's worse bands then MCR, alot worse but this band corsses the line on my music tolerance, they just get on my nerves even after 20 seconds of listening to them, seriously I'm sure they use something other then guitars in their songs, the music doesn't sound guitarish and I've heard alot of guitarish music, it would be funny though if you played a guitar and piano noises came from it.

~SapphireStar~
03-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Thankyou, United Kingdom, Thankyou.
Just import them if you believe our countrys let you down. Im surpriesed they didnt take off cause I thought the young music generation were emo freaks, guess crap pop won that battle then. And Rikku_Yuffie_girl, once and for all, no I dont agree with any thread you make cause its your tastes, not mine.

DK
03-28-2006, 08:08 PM
And Rikku_Yuffie_girl, once and for all, no I dont agree with any thread you make cause its your tastes, not mine.

Stay the hell out of the threads and stop causing unnecessary aggro, then. If you don't like it what's the point of posting in it? You're getting all pissy about her telling you to stop, but what do you expect? You flame bait in these threads and then seem to get annoyed when people respond to it. If you post in a thread like this saying "yeah this is crap" of course you're going to get a response. Grow up and stop being such a petulant little baby.

~SapphireStar~
03-28-2006, 08:18 PM
OMFG?! So you can only enter threads where you like the subject matter? Thats ridiculous, threads are created to hear peoples opinions on a certain subject. So I will post in whatever threads I wish, if I like the subject or not.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
03-28-2006, 08:29 PM
thanks Kyono thats what i was trying to say

Larahl
03-28-2006, 08:38 PM
I like their music.

DK
03-28-2006, 10:38 PM
OMFG?! So you can only enter threads where you like the subject matter? Thats ridiculous, threads are created to hear peoples opinions on a certain subject. So I will post in whatever threads I wish, if I like the subject or not.

No, you can post in whatever threads you want, but if you're gonna flame bait and post things which are quite obviously going to get a reaction, don't act like an obnoxious ass when it happens.

~SapphireStar~
03-28-2006, 10:44 PM
I wasnt acting like an 'obnoxious ass.' She claimed I was making fun of her opinion in this thread, which I wasnt. Im not the only one who said they disiked the band and Justin told her he had warned her after she said this:

Man your right i shouldnt have started this a lot of people dont like them well i like them so who cares
I took her 'I dont care' the wrong way round. I didnt flame bait, I took something the wrong way ok? End of f***ing story.

Momiji
03-29-2006, 12:51 AM
And Rikku_Yuffie_girl, once and for all, no I dont agree with any thread you make cause its your tastes, not mine.

Stay the hell out of the threads and stop causing unnecessary aggro, then. If you don't like it what's the point of posting in it? You're getting all pissy about her telling you to stop, but what do you expect? You flame bait in these threads and then seem to get annoyed when people respond to it. If you post in a thread like this saying "yeah this is crap" of course you're going to get a response. Grow up and stop being such a petulant little baby.

:mad: Hmph. Where were you when I made an MCR thread? Should have been there....:p Just kidding. . ...I still could have used a post in there like that.

Death Penalty
03-29-2006, 12:53 AM
I listened to them today. May they and their crappy music eternally rest in hell. Crazy Emos.

Teek
03-29-2006, 12:59 AM
Hey, Rikku_Yuffie_girl, fuck these guys. They are all just fifteen year olds living in their parents' basements and complaining about things that they have no idea about. To them, this band is bad because the people who like them PROBABLY MAKE FUN OF THEM. SO SORRY OMG.

Yeah, Helena fine.

Death Penalty
03-29-2006, 02:39 AM
What the hell are you on Teek also I am 15 and I dont plan on trying for my emancipation so Im good living in my parents basement.

Shiny
03-29-2006, 02:41 AM
I don't like their music, but they amused me with their interviews a couple of times.

Momiji
03-29-2006, 02:52 AM
I wasnt acting like an 'obnoxious ass.' She claimed I was making fun of her opinion in this thread, which I wasnt. Im not the only one who said they disiked the band and Justin told her he had warned her after she said this:

Man your right i shouldnt have started this a lot of people dont like them well i like them so who cares

I prefer just to keep my musical likings to myself from now on. There's always SOMEONE who is gonna insult what I like, then I insult what they like, feelings are hurt, hearts are broken, tempers flare....in the end no one wins. Besides, everyone seems to hate emo music anyway (which is sad because I LOVE it.) Now, watch. There's going to be at least one person who's gonna throw an insult at emo music here because of my post just because I mentioned that I love emo music, because someone's just going to try to be an ass about it and make me and other fans mad. Well you know what? I just don't care about your opinions on this anymore. If you can't say anything nice, don't say it! What I like, you may hate. Well, that's cool with me. But when you yell at me that your style of music is just sooo much better, it makes me mad, because I probably HATE the music you like. And notice, NO ONE here has mentioned anything other band/style of music that they think is better (with the exception of eestlinc), because what one person may like, another may hate, and vice versa. So I kind of wish that there were no more music topics, because almost NO ONE can agree. [/endrant]
And no, this was not directed at ~SapphireStar~, it was directed to any haters in general. And I hope any and all readers take this post to heart.

rubah
03-29-2006, 02:52 AM
I like them about as much as I like bowling for soup, and I don't like bowling for soup.

[edit- Dudes, what the crap. Back off the drama. It seems like none of you [who are arguing] can handle others' opinions. If you can't be polite, then don't post. If you can't not post, then this will be closed and you guys will be given warnings. K?]

Death Penalty
03-29-2006, 02:57 AM
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE IS FOR SICK EMOS.THE SICK BASTARDS XD

Momiji
03-29-2006, 02:59 AM
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE IS FOR SICK EMOS.THE SICK BASTARDS XD

Does ANYONE listen to me?

[edit- Dudes, what the crap. Back off the drama. It seems like none of you [who are arguing] can handle others' opinions. If you can't be polite, then don't post. If you can't not post, then this will be closed and you guys will be given warnings. K?]

Kinda just said that...-_-

Death Penalty
03-29-2006, 02:59 AM
DOES ANYONE NOTICE THE XD

Momiji
03-29-2006, 03:01 AM
DOES ANYONE NOTICE THE XD

It doesn't matter! If you're trying to be funny, you're not, because I'm really, REALLY not amused. All you're doing is further proving my point about 4 posts ago.

EDIT: 5 posts ago.

escobert
03-29-2006, 03:05 AM
I liked Helena and GHost of you, other then that they're OK. I ahven't lsitend to much of their first album.

rubah
03-29-2006, 03:06 AM

Kinda just said that...-_-

You did, but with a very inflammatory attitude that wasn't entirely appropriate.

Death Penalty, that was pretty much uncalled for.

Rikku_Yuffie_girl, if you would like to start another thread about this band, you may feel free too, but it helps when you or someone else doesn't start it off by assuming the worst. Be optimistic, k? :]