PDA

View Full Version : Things you didn't like about FFVII

cloud_doll
03-26-2006, 07:16 PM
We all know FFVII was the greatest game ever (im being sarcastic don't get into the whole, no 8's better/9's better etc.)
But there were some things that weren't all as great. For me, one was how it turned into the battle scenes, how it spun, that made me dizzy!
Another was how Tifa and Cloud never told each other that they loved each other, when it was obvious that they did.

What did you not like about 7?

a nirvana fan
03-26-2006, 07:45 PM
Obtaining the Golden Chocobo was very annoying especially when you dont have the slightest clue what to do but try anyway and manage to get it after about 900 hours. But in general I dont find anything that I dislike in Final Fantasy VII apart from its TOO GOOD!:D

Zeromus_X
03-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Not enough Jenova screen time :nonono::cat:

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
03-26-2006, 08:19 PM
how i overplayed it and can pretty much recite the script!!!

Hambone
03-27-2006, 02:39 AM
Cait Sith. Don't kill me for saying that.

Zeromus_X
03-27-2006, 03:02 AM
Cait Sith. Don't kill me for saying that.
Not slowly, at any rate. :cat:

*Sephiroth'sGurl*
03-27-2006, 05:51 AM
There is one teeny tiny small thing that i didnt like about FF VII, I wish the ending was a bit longer, maybe with more FMVS.. Yeah i know it was only 1997 and they DID an awesome job with the game already but it would have been cooler if the end were longer!

cloud_doll
03-27-2006, 09:53 PM
There is one teeny tiny small thing that i didnt like about FF VII, I wish the ending was a bit longer, maybe with more FMVS.. Yeah i know it was only 1997 and they DID an awesome job with the game already but it would have been cooler if the end were longer!

I agree, the ending wasn't really worth going through the annoying spephy'(tho they were easy...)

Griff
03-27-2006, 10:42 PM
The main villian was a momma's boy, and the storyline had way too many plot holes.

Jessweeee♪
03-27-2006, 11:07 PM
it annoyed me how they had 3 different looks (feild/battle/fmv).
and i didn't like that you had to hold down the button to run...and that's all i didn't like. it was a great game, not my favorite though.

darkchrono
03-28-2006, 03:12 AM
I didn't really like the Walmarket part of the game.

TheSpoonyBard
03-28-2006, 03:17 AM
it annoyed me how they had 3 different looks (feild/battle/fmv).
Are you annoyed by this in FFX as well?

The only thing that annoys me about FFVII is that fact that I know it too well. There's nothing to interest me any more. I'm sure I'll come back to it in a few years, but for the time being I think I'll let it be.

cloud_doll
03-28-2006, 10:12 PM
I didn't really like the Walmarket part of the game.

are you serious? that was like, the funniest part! but it is kinda perverted, if your talking about the whole, Don Corneo thing...

Shiny
03-29-2006, 12:00 AM
The random battles seemed to be more frequent in this one then in other FF I've played. And the escaping took way too long as well. Some of the dialogue was really weird like it was mistranslated, or something (probably not though). The graphics (although I know were to the best of their abilities at that time) were horrible. They really could have made their polygon butts stick out less...especially Cloud's. Yuffie...nuff' said.

silentenigma
03-29-2006, 12:33 AM
It sucked in terms of music and sound quality, and the character forms varied too much.

Zeromus_X
03-29-2006, 01:53 AM
Some of the dialogue was really weird like it was mistranslated, or something (probably not though).

It could've been better, at any rate.

"It suddenly gave me a big scare!" xD

DMKA
03-29-2006, 02:06 AM
Final Fantasy VII is one of the few video games in existence that I can honestly say contains nothing I dislike.

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Final Fantasy VII is one of the few video games in existence that I can honestly say contains nothing I dislike.

completely agree man. nothing was bad about it. it was in my opinion, the perfect game.:choc2:

Griff
04-01-2006, 01:42 PM
The random battles seemed to be more frequent in this one then in other FF I've played.
I'm guessing you've never played ff1 then? At times you couldn't go one step without a battle

Also ff7 had so many things wrong with it. A lot of the storyline collapsed on itself multiple times (ie. if the real sephiroth was in Northern Crater the whole time, how did the illusion physically stab Aeris?), stereotypical characters(angry black guy, teenage crook), limited character development, way too easy, and sephiroth, the worst villian personality in gaming history (i want to destroy the world for my mommy, then she will love me)

TheAbominatrix
04-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Variation of character form, Aerith (couldnt stand her, she annoyed me), Sephiroth (sub-par villian in all respects, fanboys dont waste your time arguing with me its my opinion), God-awful translation ("This guy are sick!"), all the rabid fans spawned from it, Aerith.

I also really would have liked Cloud and Tifa to hook up, but it didnt detract from the game for me.

Griff, that wasnt an illusion, it was JENOVA assuming Sephiroth's form.

CloudedSquall
04-01-2006, 01:58 PM
It sucked in terms of music and sound quality, and the character forms varied too much.

Dude, really? Fair enough. I can agree with the sound quality but the music is really amazing and some of the most beautiful pieces I've, personally, ever heard.

But I wasn't so keen on how you had to get Holy etc. seemed kinda pointless imo

Twilight Edge
04-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Chocobos.

Zeromus_X
04-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Variation of character form, Aerith (couldnt stand her, she annoyed me), Sephiroth (sub-par villian in all respects, fanboys dont waste your time arguing with me its my opinion), God-awful translation ("This guy are sick!"), all the rabid fans spawned from it, Aerith.

"It fell and suddenly gave me a big scare!" ftw! :cat:

I also really would have liked Cloud and Tifa to hook up, but it didnt detract from the game for me.

I've always thought that that's one of those things that's left up to interpretation, though I always assumed that they did anyway. That scene on the hill, and what-not.

TheAbominatrix
04-02-2006, 01:32 AM
Oh it's definitly interpretation, but that's one of the reasons why I would have liked a definite hook up. Not even to neccesarily gratify me because I liked the couple, but at least to put something of a small damper on the Cloti versus Cloaer argument. Wouldnt stop it altogether by any means, but it would've been a little bit less maddening... and again, not because I want my couple to 'win', but just cause I think the argument is silly and yet another reason why rabid VII fans annoy the hell out of me.

But yeah, I always assumed they did as well.

cloud_doll
04-02-2006, 03:11 AM
FFVII was like, the only FF out of the new generation where the main guy didn't fall in love. i always thought that cloud fell in love with Tifa, it seemed so. it would've been nice if they showed a scene where they kissed or at least hugged. well, maybe you could count the ending where tifa is holding on to cloud, but then again hes talking about aeris

the music was the best. and also, even though the graphics in gameplay were really bad, the little movie scenes (i have no clue what theyre called) were beautiful.

Jessweeee♪
04-03-2006, 11:06 PM
No...it wasn't as bad in FFX so it didn't annoy me too much.

The limits were especially annoying. Can anyone tell me how exactly they learn them?

Sephiroth1112
04-03-2006, 11:29 PM
Chocobos.

you see draco... thats why i like you so much... one word answers lol
but at anyrate.. if you seen the "better graphics patch" topic then you would agree with me.. THERE HANDS LOOK LIKE FRIGIN PAINT BRUSHES!!! :mad2: GRR!!! they could have done alot better or atleast do a remake of it for everyone.. so that they can enjoy a better graphic version of the game for the ps2