PDA

View Full Version : Square taking it too far?

lovehurts
03-27-2006, 01:24 AM
I mean making sequels of 10...and 7....I just dont get a good feel for this...what is next 12 -2...!?:rolleyes2

8-2?

Or maybe 6-2...which is as outrageous as 7-2...7 is an old game making a sequel of it is just wierd....

Do you feel me here?

what ever happend to final fantasy 1-10 now we are making new final fantasy games basied off of old final fantasy stories...how original.....where is FF 13 and FF14 and so on and so forth give me some new meat!!!

Rengori
03-27-2006, 02:05 AM
Final Fantasy VII left much to be desired after the final cutscene, and Final Fantasy X just sold well. VIII and VI wrapped up nicely and I think Square learned their lesson with X-2, so I doubt there'll be a XII-2.

TheAbominatrix
03-27-2006, 02:09 AM
X wasnt just a good sale, the ending left it open for a sequel. And yeah, they did learn their lesson from X-2. It was a huge profit, most especially in Japan.

My favorite things about sequels is that if you dont want the story expansion, you dont have to get it. I'm glad SE was open to fulfilling the wants of fans and giving them extra, it's too bad people incessantly complain about it like Square was forcing it upon them.

lovehurts
03-27-2006, 02:14 AM
X wasnt just a good sale, the ending left it open for a sequel. And yeah, they did learn their lesson from X-2. It was a huge profit, most especially in Japan.

My favorite things about sequels is that if you dont want the story expansion, you dont have to get it. I'm glad SE was open to fulfilling the wants of fans and giving them extra, it's too bad people incessantly complain about it like Square was forcing it upon them.
Not at all complaining ....I think that we are all just dumb enough to want to buy all these sequels with our money now...and I think that we will be silly enough to buy the sequel to ff-8 and ff-5 ect ect...I dont doubt that 8 wont have a sequel and if they did I dont doubt that people would buy it clear off the selves....

Im ok with buying a new final fantasy game but buying a new final fantasy game simply because it appears to be new....no.

Making a new game from scraps isnt worth my money....I much rather see ff-13 or 14.....that deserves my money in my opinon.

TheAbominatrix
03-27-2006, 02:18 AM
I didnt mean you specifically, I mean everyone. It's really constant whining about the sequels for a most part.

It's not as though SE is ONLY making sequels now, so I really dont care. I, personally, am interested in story expansions, so I'll buy them. It isnt silly at all. If they started making sequels for games that didnt warrant them, that'd be silly. But they havent, and they arent. I'm really happy SE is making these games, filling in holes with them, and so on.

Rengori
03-27-2006, 02:19 AM
Not at all complaining
You certainly hide it well. :p

lovehurts
03-27-2006, 02:20 AM
I didnt mean you specifically, I mean everyone. It's really constant whining about the sequels for a most part.

It's not as though SE is ONLY making sequels now, so I really dont care. I, personally, am interested in story expansions, so I'll buy them. It isnt silly at all. If they started making sequels for games that didnt warrant them, that'd be silly. But they havent, and they arent. I'm really happy SE is making these games, filling in holes with them, and so on.

A very valid opinion. I want to hear some oppostion. Even though I am excited as heck about ff-7 I would have liked to be able to disagree with you. Because I want to see the opinions about this flow here...this thread is a corspe...oh well.:(

I thought the thread idea had potential. Atleast I heard one side about it, but it wasnt realy all to against my real and honest opinion at all...:(

Slothy
03-27-2006, 02:22 AM
Something to keep in mind about FFX-2, it was the obvious choice for a sequel from a development stand point. FFX was a great game, and was well received by the public, not to even mention the fact that they already had character and enemy models, as well as many of the different areas of the game from FFX to work with for a sequel. Basically allowing them to skip one of the most time consuming and expensive aspects of development. Actually I remember reading that it was done as a way to use previous FF creative assets to make a game that was less expensive than making one from scratch. I've seen plenty of rumors online over the last few years suggesting that Square-Enix basically needed to raise some extra capital after the merger. Whether that's true or not, it does kind of make sense given their current strategy of milking their cash cow franchises.

At the end of the day though, as far as why they're making sequels to FFVII: fans want them. They want to see more happen in that world. Granted there are a relative few who complain as loudly as possible about it, but at the end of the day, the games are still going to sell in the millions, because the fans want them. The way I look at it though, SE is putting out things like FFVII sequels while still bringing out great games like DQVIII, and we've got KH2 and FFXII looming just over the horizon. If they can still offer fresh new instalments of classic series, while also throwing out sequels to individual games then they can go ahead. All I care about is that they still provide a quality gaming experience.

Rengori
03-27-2006, 02:22 AM
A very valid opinion. I want to hear some oppostion. Even though I am excited as heck about ff-7 I would have liked to be able to disagree with you. Because I want to see the opinions about this flow here...this thread is a corspe...oh well.:(

I thought the thread idea had potential. Atleast I heard one side about it, but it wasnt realy all to against my real and honest opinion at all...:(Chill, the thread's only 2 hours old.

lovehurts
03-27-2006, 02:25 AM
I enjoyed 10-2, but it was quite a bizaree ff game in my opinion. It was a good game, but 10-2 was sort of like charlies angels mixed with the power puff girls...not that its the debate here...but sequels of specific games is...and the quality of those games is mainly and laregly the debate.

ff-10 2 appealed to the girl audience more than the guy audience...which shows just another blatant fandom craize by square enix. I mean its like targeted towards a specific group of fans...I dont think that a professional company should do this....I think that its unprofessional . Where is ff-13 or ff-14 or even ff-5 2 a game that I love? I mean why would a professional company do this. Where is ff-9 2?

I love all the games but I am siding to both views because I am open to both sides and want both sides to be challenged.

TheAbominatrix
03-27-2006, 02:29 AM
I would rather they experiment with different styles in an FF on a sequel or spin off, wouldnt you? People whine enough about X-2, imagine if it had been XII done in that style instead.

X-2 won plenty of awards and made plenty of money. Sounds like the quality issue isnt that big of a deal. I thought it was a perfectly fun game, it was night to play something more lighthearted.

And, as a female, I can say it was nice to have an FF geared towards us. Most FF games, most games in general (though it is starting to change) are geared towards boys. I dont see why girls cant have theirs as well.

lovehurts
03-27-2006, 02:31 AM
....I think that its unprofessional . Where is ff-13 or ff-14 or even ff-5 2 a game that I love? I mean why would a professional company do this. Where is ff-9 2? Where is final fantasy made specificaly for spefically different races....??

I love all the games but I am siding to both views because I am open to both sides and want both sides to be challenged.

Fans in there basement make signled out games for singled out audiences towards a on going professionaly made franchise...not professional companys....

TheAbominatrix
03-27-2006, 02:34 AM
Why would XIII and XIV be out now? They just released XII. I dont see where you're going with complaing about the lack of XIII and XIV.

Where is V-2? Well, there was no opening at the end, was there? Nor with any other games. IX was wrapped up perfectly at the end.

Actually professional companies do make games geared towards a specific audience. Why is it okay that SE has been making games geared directly towards men for... oh, years, but they make one game for the girls and its a bad thing?

lovehurts
03-27-2006, 02:39 AM
Why would XIII and XIV be out now? They just released XII. I dont see where you're going with complaing about the lack of XIII and XIV.

Where is V-2? Well, there was no opening at the end, was there? Nor with any other games. IX was wrapped up perfectly at the end.

Actually professional companies do make games geared towards a specific audience. Why is it okay that SE has been making games geared directly towards men for... oh, years, but they make one game for the girls and its a bad thing?

Its not so much that, I honestly am interested to get this started so I feed that to you ....I know saying that sort of kills the feel of the whole thing. I agree with you.....

However on the opposite end seeing how others and a large majority may look at this....the other ff's werent overly for men...but ff-10 2 was overly for women...and if they are going to discimitnately single out women or men...then where is final fantasy with gay people spefically in it (Im not gay, however gay people may feel this way) Final fnatasy games and sequels alike dont say this game is for men or woman. Specifically of course..and any audience could be intersted in playing final fantasy.however fianl fantasy is for anyone and everyone it is made without there being any overly feminine aspects to the game and ff-10 2 is overly feminine...as for the gay remark....when has there ever be an open statement about gay-ness in a final fantasy game. I am not gay its just an example. Final fantasy 7 (2) is specifically made for ff 7 fans....where is ff-8 2!?

Why I keep bringing up 13 and 14 because I think that they are spending too much time on sequels that single out specific audiences to make a specific game and not enough time on the next sequel to the title "final fantasy" a game that is for any and everyone not the sequel to the title of a previously made final fantasy game.....

I want to see ff- 13 before I see ff-8 2...(they could make ff-8 2 not to say that they are going to do it)

Rengori
03-27-2006, 03:33 AM
Not to many people are worried about XIII and XIV at the moment, because we're all complaining about AC and FFXII getting to the english speaking world.

TheAbominatrix
03-27-2006, 03:36 AM
Just because they catered to women (a large part of their fanbase) once does not mean it will become a constant thing they do. And the game isnt 'overly' for women, plenty of boys enjoy it, especially in Japan.

Really, I see no reason to bring up XIII or VIII-2. Even if the company was making an VIII-2, they would still be working on XIII. While making sequels for VII they were creating XII. It's not like game production on other titles has halted at all, so really I dont think you have much of a point to that.

FallenAngel411
03-27-2006, 03:48 AM
Really, I see no reason to bring up XIII or VIII-2. Even if the company was making an VIII-2, they would still be working on XIII. While making sequels for VII they were creating XII. It's not like game production on other titles has halted at all, so really I dont think you have much of a point to that.

That's always been my personal feeling on the matter as well. As long as the many sequels and story expansions SE decides to work on don't detract from moving the series forward as always, it doesn't bother me. It only makes sense that as the production values go up, so will the time it takes to make the game--which is why FFXII has been so long coming. *Not* because all the sequels are slowing it down. I don't think we have to worry about SE having trouble delegating resources.

lovehurts
03-27-2006, 03:48 AM
:p
Just because they catered to women (a large part of their fanbase) once does not mean it will become a constant thing they do. And the game isnt 'overly' for women, plenty of boys enjoy it, especially in Japan.

Smart girl...I guess that the whole thread is sort of pointless...

:p oh well. Maybe some one can find better points to argue than I can.

I personaly voted that I would be suckered into buying anything final fantasy.

Setzer Gabianni
03-27-2006, 12:54 PM
What has this got to do with DoC?

Eh, I'm just hoping there will be no more compilation stuff.

~Setzer Gabianni

KH-Cloudy
04-10-2006, 03:22 AM
I'm suckered

nirojan
04-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Stop hating.

Im a huge FF 7 fan and im proud of it buh im not gonna take yo hatez you hear!!!! Whats soo bad bout sequels huh??? you make it sound like they force you to buy it. You have the option of choice (cept if you live in 3rd world country). I hope to play this game and this is kinda a flame i know!!!

DudeSon2004
04-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Guess I'm suckered too.

Fantasy Fan
04-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Square Enix is obsessed with FF7 because before then no-one else knew what an RPG was. I mean FFS when will they shut up about it? They made AC that's okay. But now they need to move on. And FFXIII FFXIV FFXV? what's that gonna be for PS4?

TheAbominatrix
04-11-2006, 12:07 PM
No one? While VII did make more people aware of RPGs, there were still a lot of RPG fans. Especially in Japan. VII mainly opened it up to Americans and Europeans.

Also I dont know what you mean by 'move on'. They have not stopped making other games.

XIII, XIV, and XV will be for PS3 if the three main-series FF games per system trend holds steady.

Fantasy Fan
04-11-2006, 12:42 PM
okay let me rephrase that. Final Fantasy 7 was a good game, but I'm sick of all these sequals about it. Just stupid.

And yes, "no-one."

TheAbominatrix
04-11-2006, 12:48 PM
That makes more sense.

And the comment about no one makes no sense.

The Devourer Of Worlds
04-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Where is FFV-2; a game that I love?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy:_Legends_of_the_Crystals

Zante
04-11-2006, 03:53 PM
I think the things square is doing with FFVII great. Vincent was one of my fav characters so I cant wait to learn more about him.

And, as a female, I can say it was nice to have an FF geared towards us. Most FF games, most games in general (though it is starting to change) are geared towards boys. I dont see why girls cant have theirs as well.

And there I was thinking X-2 was geared towards horny teenage boys. ;)

TheAbominatrix
04-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Everything is geared towards horny teenage boys. They're horny teenage boys, even linoleum will make them happy.

lovehurts
04-13-2006, 03:55 AM
Maybe Ill start to play ff x-2 again...I need a fun sexual fantasy every once a while....Maybe It'll help raise my fallen spirit.:p

TasteyPies
04-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Linaly discovers that her magic abilities are channeled through her undergarments

.....lol

Amaru
04-27-2006, 06:03 PM
An excellent point was made in this thread. As long as they continue to work on the main projects, I see no harm in bringing out these side sequels and projects.

Kalinda
05-02-2006, 04:33 PM
I voted "no"... although I'm a bit more divided then that.

Firstly, I like X2. A lot. Although it wasnt perfect, but still fun.

Secondly, I'm starting to think that yes, they are going overboard with all the FFVII spin offs. Although now that I've played the game, I'm really looking forward to DoC if only because it stars Vincent and he may very well be my favourite FFVII character. So I'm gonna be suckered into playing it. The movies don't quite bug me so much (even though they weren't that good, imo).

That being said, as long as they make the new FF games of high quality then I guess it really doesn't matter that much. Although I hope they put plenty of effort into all these spin offs, too, or it will just look like they're milking FFVII for all its worth. As much as I love X2, let's face it - they certainly didn't spend the amount of time and effort on it that they would on a normal FF game.

Also, I don't think there would be much need to sequal any of the others.... unless they ended openly.. but I don't know because I have not played them all.

Sequals didn't NEED to be made, certainly. Yes, I wouldn't cry if X2 wasn't made, despite how much I liked it - I think it had a positive and negative impact on the role of females in future FF games, though.

Whatever. Not much we can do about it. So long as they're good games.

LunarWeaver
05-02-2006, 05:05 PM
I think everyone pissed and moaned that they wanted to see sequels and remakes and now that they are getting them they are pissing and moaning about it. :choc2:

Slim
05-02-2006, 08:56 PM
X-2 sucked, and no matter how many sequels come out for 7, they will own you all. I'm done here...

Kyphrin
05-03-2006, 12:22 AM
I didn't really care for Final Fantasy X-2 from what I played. Advent Children was a very well done movie in my opinion, and I have already reserved a copy of Dirge of Cerberus. I highly doubt that square would do something as dumb as making a VI-2 or a VIII-2, but sadly if they made it I'd probably buy it because its another Final Fantasy... and I like gunblades. Anyway, from what I saw, VI and VIII left nothing to be desired at the end, everything was wrapped up rather nicely. With VII it left you with a rather suspenceful end, as did X, so sequels worked with those.

LunarWeaver
05-03-2006, 12:31 AM
I want to see a sequel to VIII just because I hate saving the world and developing my characters just to never see them again. I worked hard to watch Squall quit being a selfish prickface and declare his love for Rinoa, and now I want a sequel just so I can watch them be all lovey-dovey together :laughing: Mmm an action sequel like DoC, real-time gunblade wielding ^_^

Navydav
05-23-2006, 11:51 AM
I am a guy and I loved X-2 (although X was alot better). Anyway I will be getting FF7 DoC, because I liked that world and wanted to see how it turned after the Original Game and AC. But all these other FF7 titles I think is little bit overkill. But if they did make a sequel to FF8, I defently buy it because its my favorite FF game of all time. And like the above poster said about Squall, I whole heartedly agree. I want to see how the coupled has fared and I would like to revisit some places.

ekinserge
05-23-2006, 11:58 AM
i love SE...i have a faith in SE...and i love sequel...i think SE should make sequel of parasite eve 2...

PontiusPilate
05-24-2006, 01:16 AM
FFDOC isnt really a 7-2. More of a deeper story of a side character. In my opinion if they make the game good, then they arent taking it to far, but if its anything less than perfect then there definately just making FF DOC for cheap cash

Khaotic
05-25-2006, 08:50 PM
I honestly really don't care, if they make a sequel, great, another final fantasy game which continues off a story line and characters I'm familiar with.

Moon Rabbits
05-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Square take something too far? You're too late, they started Compilation of FFVII already.

atlanteay
06-03-2006, 03:50 AM
i like all the compilations and all but i really don't think they needed all of those ff7 compilations...a little too much because i heard DoC is not getting great reviews ....but advent children was definitely great to watch:love: before crisis gave us a lot of info...crisis core..looks good but is it absolutely needed??

im sure a lot of you would object. infact, im really looking forward to these games but i just think the other games deserve more too

TheAbominatrix
06-03-2006, 03:53 AM
Of course they arent neccesary. Making VII in the first place wasnt 'needed'. The games, and their story expansions, are just to make cash and to please the fans.

Slim
06-03-2006, 03:54 AM
im sure a lot of you would object. infact, im really looking forward to these games but i just think the other games deserve more too

Like FF9.

TheAbominatrix
06-03-2006, 04:00 AM
But where does IX warrant a sequel? The ending tied everything together neatly. VII and X had very open endings, hence the sequels. I dont see how people can argue that certain games 'deserve' it more, either. I know we all have our favorites, but when does that automatically mean they deserve a sequel when there's nothing to base one on?

I adore VI, it's my favorite FF ever. I think it's the best. But it doesnt 'deserve' a sequel because there's nothing for it to go on.

Slim
06-03-2006, 04:03 AM
:|
Because it was the best Final Fantasy. They've made sequels on even dumber ideas before. How about 'The Lion King' ? That didn't need a sequel.

I am sure they could come up with something for 9.

TheAbominatrix
06-03-2006, 04:11 AM
In your opinion, sure.

I'd rather they leave quality where it is. No, Lion King didnt need a sequel. And the sequel was, like all Disney sequels, of lower animation and production quality and questionable likability.

Yeah, they could probably come up with something for IX, but why? VII and X both left people wondering about what happened, and thus a sequel was warranted. If they 'came up with something' for IX, it'd be forced and that'd most certainly harm the quality.

I still dont see why people would want that for their favorite games, as much as I love VI I'd rather they left in alone instead of forcing out a sequel and possibly messing up my beloved story.

PontiusPilate
06-03-2006, 04:46 AM
Stop butchering classics, square

atlanteay
06-03-2006, 03:08 PM
still, it seems advent children wrapped up rather well and all but Dirge of Cerberus came so making other sequals wouldn't be impossible since they just gave us a DoC even though AC had a good ending. So who knows, it's Square..they do amazing things :)

TheAbominatrix
06-04-2006, 04:20 AM
DoC has more to do with the open-ended deal of VII than of AC. It focuses on Vincent and offers information on how he came to be, clearing up a lot of things SE left out.

Making other sequels would be impossible (or rather improbable) in some situations.

YuYuMaster
06-04-2006, 08:18 PM
I think that X-2 was going too far but FF7 was a great game and I love it so I don't mind about that one. as for the other sequels, who cares? They are bound to be fun

Laugh at face of Danger
06-22-2006, 05:53 PM
Sure, they've gone way far enough....... but i sure as hell know if they did i would play 'em for the hell of it

I might cry if they ddi anything to harm eight or seven even more - i think maybe even DoC is a little too far, but the rumours of a DoC movie - ? - that's pushing it.

daggertrepe
06-23-2006, 02:26 AM
Yeah, I mean, they're making good money off it, why not take it too far? :p

gigames08
06-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Personally, I think they just make tributes to VII because they know the fans like it (and, to be honest, I'm not complaining), and X-2 is just pointing out the stupidity of situations in earlier FFs, with a plot behind it. Either way, s'alright with me.

lovehurts
06-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Advent children had good graphics and the story was ok the fighting was freaking retarded.....:cry:

I dont want to see anymore pathetic ff movies. Spirits with in I actually watch every once in a while its an ok movie and it grows on you...but....I dont want to see anymore.

Square is a bunch of greedy poopyheads. Now they make games where we have to pay every darn week for on some sort of fee . They make all these un-necessary sequels and all of the world or most of it is dumb enough to buy these online games and outrageous sequels to previous titles like a 7 remake...please NO! 10 2.....and square is making more than it ever has.I can understand it all being entertainment but I dont want them to wasite time making games of ripp off quality. !0 2 was ok I guess. All these fan boys are....ARGH!

Final fantasy was of a quality company. They stuck to standards. We must make another game after 1 ,2 ,3 ,4 ,5 ,6 ,7 ,8,9, 10......

They were professional and respectible. They made a product and we bought it. They made game after game with upgrades one better than the last. Now they making games that arent superior than the last 10 and 10-2...10 2 was relatively short it had most the charcater art already done...it was pretty lame becuase it pretty much took old locations from 10 and just modified them in alot of places...some places were original though if you couldnt tell they were just clever rip offs from the previous game. Then we have DOC with horrible reviews its /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. So my respect for square has gone down with this horrendous poor quality films and games that they shouldnt be making. I want a quality game like ff-12 or 13 these stupid poor quality films and games that I am waisting my money on are an insult and I dont plan on being cheated any longer.

Rase
06-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Square is a bunch of greedy poopyheads. Now they make games where we have to pay every darn week for on some sort of fee . They make all these un-necessary sequels and all of the world or most of it is dumb enough to buy these online games and outrageous sequels to previous titles like a 7 remake...please NO! 10 2.....and square is making more than it ever has.I can understand it all being entertainment but I dont want them to wasite time making games of ripp off quality. !0 2 was ok I guess. All these fan boys are....ARGH!
Square-Enix is a company, first and foremost. If they know they can make a profit on something, they will take that opportunity like almost anyone else would. As far as I know, there's only one online game from Square-Enix, at least outside of Japan, and that's FFXI. They knew people would buy and subscribe to an MMORPG of Final Fantasy and so they made one. I don't see how it makes the people who play it dumb for playing and paying for a game they enjoy. Same with X2. Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean that everyone who does is a fanboy/girl.

Final fantasy was of a quality company. They stuck to standards. We must make another game after 1 ,2 ,3 ,4 ,5 ,6 ,7 ,8,9, 10......
They are, they have XI and have already announced XII and XIII. SQUARE-ENIX is still a pretty big driving force in the business, and I doubt they're that way for being a company with bad quality.

They were professional and respectible. They made a product and we bought it. They made game after game with upgrades one better than the last. Now they making games that arent superior than the last 10 and 10-2...10 2 was relatively short it had most the charcater art already done...it was pretty lame becuase it pretty much took old locations from 10 and just modified them in alot of places...some places were original though if you couldnt tell they were just clever rip offs from the previous game. Then we have DOC with horrible reviews its /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.
As always, the stuff about FFX2 is debatable, depending on who you are and what you like. Seeing as how it sold over 5 million copies as of last December, I'd say it was a smart move on Square's part. As for DoC, well, the reviews for the Japanese version have bounced between 3/10 and 7.5/10, and since they're giving the gameplay (a big fault apparently) an overhaul for the American release, I'd say it's best to wait and see before judging it.

So my respect for square has gone down with this horrendous poor quality films and games that they shouldnt be making. I want a quality game like ff-12 or 13 these stupid poor quality films and games that I am waisting my money on are an insult and I dont plan on being cheated any longer.
Well, just do what I do and rent them before buying them. Could save you $30 if you don't end up liking the movie. Problem solved.

lovehurts
06-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Square-Enix is a company, first and foremost. If they know they can make a profit on something, they will take that opportunity like almost anyone else would. As far as I know, there's only one online game from Square-Enix, at least outside of Japan, and that's FFXI. They knew people would buy and subscribe to an MMORPG of Final Fantasy and so they made one. I don't see how it makes the people who play it dumb for playing and paying for a game they enjoy. Same with X2. Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean that everyone who does is a fanboy/girl.

They are, they have XI and have already announced XII and XIII. SQUARE-ENIX is still a pretty big driving force in the business, and I doubt they're that way for being a company with bad quality.

They were professional and respectible. They made a product and we bought it. They made game after game with upgrades one better than the last. Now they making games that arent superior than the last 10 and 10-2...10 2 was relatively short it had most the charcater art already done...it was pretty lame becuase it pretty much took old locations from 10 and just modified them in alot of places...some places were original though if you couldnt tell they were just clever rip offs from the previous game. Then we have DOC with horrible reviews its /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.
As always, the stuff about FFX2 is debatable, depending on who you are and what you like. Seeing as how it sold over 5 million copies as of last December, I'd say it was a smart move on Square's part. As for DoC, well, the reviews for the Japanese version have bounced between 3/10 and 7.5/10, and since they're giving the gameplay (a big fault apparently) an overhaul for the American release, I'd say it's best to wait and see before judging it.

So my respect for square has gone down with this horrendous poor quality films and games that they shouldnt be making. I want a quality game like ff-12 or 13 these stupid poor quality films and games that I am waisting my money on are an insult and I dont plan on being cheated any longer.
Well, just do what I do and rent them before buying them. Could save you $30 if you don't end up liking the movie. Problem solved.

Hmm. I think Im not going to argue. Thanks for the rent advice.:)

Marluxiaswife
06-23-2006, 09:45 PM
And there I was thinking X-2 was geared towards horny teenage boys. ;)

Shut up, You guys say that about every girl who wears clothes like that, even with Tifa from FFVII everyone said she geared towards horny teenage boys, not true!,
YuRiPa act like them self and not nasty along with Tifa gosh...

Maybe Ill start to play ff x-2 again...I need a fun sexual fantasy every once a while....Maybe It'll help raise my fallen spirit.

It's not nasty you guys have dirty minds or girls wish to be thats skiny and just talk crud about them even Tifa :mad:

think that X-2 was going too far but FF7 was a great game and I love it so I don't mind about that one. as for the other sequels, who cares? They are bound to be fun

Final Fantasy VII AC got bad ratings here in America, my friend told me
And Final Fantasy X-2 is really a good game no one gives games chances i'm trying to play FFVII again cause i thought that game was too hard and sucked, but i'm going to try again

lovehurts
06-24-2006, 02:55 AM
Tifa was made by a guy modeler thats why her titts are so damn big and yes it is geared towards the horny males pleasure.;)

Markus. D
06-24-2006, 11:16 AM
are you saying females cant like the "perkyness" of Tifa's Breasts? my girlfriend said she looked hot whilst not slutty.... ex... girlfriend as of yesterday ._.

I was gonna finish off this post with a.... like X-2 post... but now I think I am just going to drown in my sorrows ._.

Hayabusa
06-24-2006, 02:24 PM
If you owned a company that made money on stuff you would probably captilize MORE than just SE does -

Why are you so PISSED that the series YOU apperently LOVE is successful?

oh, do you want it to be "underground" or something? - I mean - Why don't we all start complaining and being whiny bitches about everything Succesful -

DBZ...OMG they have Lunchboxes, socks, underwear, - Fuck DBZ - It SUKZZZZZZZZZZ - They're so greedy.

Except you fail to see that the child with Goku undies is the happiest kid in the world.

It would be different if SE was like EA games and bought everyone out and pumped out crap left and right -

Let's seee...what else can I hate on that's successful -

OH OH OH - DUDE! STAR WARS SUCKS! Man, TOYS, T-SHIRTS- LEGOS, MOVIES.
DUDE, they suck = George Lucas is greedy.

So seriously stop being a whiny bitch. It's so stupid. I don't understand why you would complain about something that you like or even take part in. Nobody cares if you don't like FF7 - I don't even care- Nobody cares, It just gets old that everyone is always complaining all the time. It's not THAT big of a deal.

Go play everquest or something.

Edit- Sorry for the anger lovehurts but your one LONG post just made a lot of ridiculous statements.

Ok...FFVII:AC sucked- ........
1. Make a better movie.
2. Don't watch it in ENGLISH. Dilly dally shilly shally. *sigh*

Ok, Done.

lovehurts
06-24-2006, 04:28 PM
If you owned a company that made money on stuff you would probably captilize MORE than just SE does -

Why are you so PISSED that the series YOU apperently LOVE is successful?

oh, do you want it to be "underground" or something? - I mean - Why don't we all start complaining and being whiny bitches about everything Succesful -

DBZ...OMG they have Lunchboxes, socks, underwear, - smurf DBZ - It SUKZZZZZZZZZZ - They're so greedy.

Except you fail to see that the child with Goku undies is the happiest kid in the world.

It would be different if SE was like EA games and bought everyone out and pumped out crap left and right -

Let's seee...what else can I hate on that's successful -

OH OH OH - DUDE! STAR WARS SUCKS! Man, TOYS, T-SHIRTS- LEGOS, MOVIES.
DUDE, they suck = George Lucas is greedy.

So seriously stop being a whiny bitch. It's so stupid. I don't understand why you would complain about something that you like or even take part in. Nobody cares if you don't like FF7 - I don't even care- Nobody cares, It just gets old that everyone is always complaining all the time. It's not THAT big of a deal.

Go play everquest or something.

Edit- Sorry for the anger lovehurts but your one LONG post just made a lot of ridiculous statements.

Ok...FFVII:AC sucked- ........
1. Make a better movie.
2. Don't watch it in ENGLISH. Dilly dally shilly shally. *sigh*

Ok, Done.

No one is being a whiny bitch. Doc aparently sucks . !0 2 is crap in my opinion and adevent children was reatarded in my opinion. Star wars was alreasy set in stone for 6 movies.

You wont see return of the jedi part two......

The original star wars are far more important to me and sucessfull and Id burn you at a stake for comparing something so american somthing so proud and ingenious to this japanese money whore product. Star wars was low budget when it 1st was made it was brillant square soft ....just whatever man I guess its all opinion.

I cant believe an admiin hasnt snipped your post yet.

What do I care if they are succesfull. I dont give a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif if japanese bob sleeps soundly from his money he earns from tifas breast or if the guy that composers the music to the games is swimming in his yard long hot tub! WHAT DO I CARE. DOC apparently sucks ass. ADVENT CHILDREN SUKCS and now they are making more garbage. Only people like you buying this /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif and giving it bad reviews after makes it succcessfull and that example is huge in japan with DOC. I can handle final fantasy 1-13 but the rest is /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif just like spirits whitht in was and Im sure alot of you bought a copy any ways...I realy dont care how sucessfull the compamny is I just want quality for that sucess , I dont want Advent children with gosh freakin retarded fighting (opinion) I dont want chessy ripp offs like 10-2 (opinion) I dont want spirits within /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif (opinion)

(opinion) you should take a chill pill and shut up!

Jowy
06-24-2006, 05:39 PM
I don't really mind the sequels and spinoffs. They give development to a lot of the characters who seemed to have quite a bit of backstory which they didn't have the time to touch on originally. And like most of the other posters said, Final Fantasy X's ending leaved much to be desired. They clearly had something planned from the get-go. When Final Fantasy IV was remade on the GBA, you got a nice little sidequest that developed Kain's character a bit more. You got the feeling of satisfaction after knowing something you didn't after fifteen years.

All of the Final Fantasy VII spinoffs? Yeah, the original game gave practically no development for Vincent's character, so after almost ten years they decided to come up with something to show for it. And seeing as action based games aren't exactly Square's forte, I think it's interesting to see how it'll pan out. Just be open minded, because in the end, nobody but yourself is forcing you to play it. If you don't like what you see or hear, than just don't play it.

Laguna
06-24-2006, 06:20 PM
I think FFVII AC rocked personally. It didnt undermine FFVII and it's standing in anyway at all. Im looking forward to DoC, from what I hear it wasnt perfect when it was released in Japan, but it's being improved for US/EU release. Im looking forward to it!

lovehurts
06-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Wow I blew up on that guy . His post kind of feelt like a chain pull . I apologize if I was too angry or firey. Life is short and we should enjoy it more. guess that if any one wants to buy ff-8 part 6 in the year 2042 then it is their choice and who am I to complain?

Sorry for acting out like that. Please dont resort to violence. I am sorry.

LunarWeaver
06-24-2006, 11:41 PM
I have no life and need games to fill the void, so I welcome the sequels because I am a whore for Squeenix. But the words "going too far" lost meaning to me a long time ago, so I cannot relate to the concept anymore.

More games should milk things like Square. I want Resident Evil 4-2.

Hayabusa
06-26-2006, 04:24 AM
Wow I blew up on that guy . His post kind of feelt like a chain pull . I apologize if I was too angry or firey. Life is short and we should enjoy it more. guess that if any one wants to buy ff-8 part 6 in the year 2042 then it is their choice and who am I to complain?

I actually mis-interprated (sp?) your origanal post so I apologize for me lashing out - But I liked Advent Children :)

The fighting was classic anime/japanese FANTASY so I'm confused about you not liking the fighting. Did you want them to have ATB bars?

Why didn't you like the fighting though?

lovehurts
06-26-2006, 06:15 AM

I actually mis-interprated (sp?) your origanal post so I apologize for me lashing out - But I liked Advent Children :)

The fighting was classic anime/japanese FANTASY so I'm confused about you not liking the fighting. Did you want them to have ATB bars?

Why didn't you like the fighting though?

Ive seen the movie so many times that I just must have a mental disorder to argue that I should overcome. I guess the fighting is just fine and lots of people seem to enjoy it. I dont know what came over me. I need to take a chill pill. SOmetimes I go over board for no reason. I dont know why , I guess its humane.

Sorry again. I just dont approve of some of the fight scene. I was ok with the church tiffa battle . I actually was ok with all the fighting except for the sephy and cloud one. Some of the fighting in that one was just too much for me. Everything can be over done and everything can be done tastefully. Throughout the whole movie most the fighting could actually be possible if you had a amazing amount of strenght an outrageous amount and super reflexes but the last fight of the movie wasnt possible....no matter what it defied gravity and all that other good stuff more so than the rest of the movie . There should have been rememorable dialoge for the fight like all good movies have for a good fight...instead they had a bad translation and poor dialoge was still suggestion even in the subtitles. I honestly believe in that. If you enjoyed it though I wont argue with you there. I didn't like it when they fought on the building and cloud was standing upside down and some how sticking to the ground as you fought sephy who was standing up right on another piece of ground...it looked cool but it was very fake, things like that sort of put me off....

bipper
06-26-2006, 06:45 PM
I can agree with love hurts here. The fighting just was not Final Fantasy, as aside from a few select parts there was hardly any magic, just extreme physical (hybrid melee). When sephiroth busts down part of the one building on cloud, that is so lame! I woulda loved to see cloud whip out a KOTR on seph, and then watch seph kill off the whole summon with ease or somthing... just a little more.

The reuinion fight against a weak summon was very cool, I just wish they had more than one group fight, but whatever, I am just glad we got a cameo.

All in all, i do like the movie, and do approve of it. It did not really move the earth for me, but it did well enough on its own.

Bipper

Hayabusa
06-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Beating Sephiroth with KOTR is a pansy move and it's not REALLY beating him -

The fight of sephiroth - These guys have abilities and stuff and again it's FANTASY - and every other anime/ninja/japanese type mythology has defying physics and such. I enjoyed it.

I'm glad they fought sword to sword - that's how it should be - This isn't FF8 where it's like pokemon and we have monsters fight for us.

Alive-Cat
06-27-2006, 06:09 PM
No, I don't think Square Enix are taking it too far. :)

bipper
06-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Still, half the fun of final fantasy is magic and strategy. It is not hack and slash. Two humanoids fighting sword via sword is great! But fighting Bahamut with a sword? I would have liked to see more magic used, especially in that battle.

I mean, Marlene got the most materia use in the movie, that is pathetic.

I am using AC as it shows where SE is trying to do too much, and forgetting the roots that they should follow.

Bipper

daggertrepe
06-28-2006, 06:02 PM
They are absolutely taking it too far. But who wouldn't if you were making millions of dollars? :p

kikimm
06-29-2006, 06:46 PM
I realize that you've apologized to each other now, but I've still got to warn both of you, lovehurts and Hayabusa, to watch the attitudes. It's not okay to call someone a whiny bitch, and it isn't okay to retaliate in the way you did. You can't believe an admin hasn't snipped a post? Warn it. It'll get done. I don't want to see that kind of attitude again.

As for the topic, I don't really care. I've kinda lost interest in the whole thing by now.