PDA

View Full Version : Don't You Hate It When...

Yuffie514
03-27-2006, 03:33 AM
1) your parents gossip about you?

2) do you care who they gossip to?

i don't like it when my parents start talking on the phone with their friends or relatives and go all like "my daughter did [INSERT SOMETHING THEY SAID TO THAT PERSON THAT WOULD LIKELY ENRAGE YOU OR WHATEVER IT MAKES YOU DO]". there is no benefit to it. how about saying something that i would consider complimentary. i don't demand to be praised about, but this is like talking trash...

EDIT: maybe this is more like an Eyes on Each Other type of thread, depending on opinions...

Zeromus_X
03-27-2006, 03:34 AM
I agree 100%. :cat: I totally hate it when my mom does that. Guess it can't be helped though:choc2:

Ramza Beoulve
03-27-2006, 03:38 AM
I also agree.

Just scare them once, and forget them for the future.

It really works:D.

Omnislash07
03-27-2006, 03:47 AM
I dont care what my parents, or other people for that matter, say about me. What others think of me doesnt affect me because their opinions of me dont affect me in any way.

Zeromus_X
03-27-2006, 03:52 AM
I dont care what my parents, or other people for that matter, say about me. What others think of me doesnt affect me because their opinions of me dont affect me in any way.
Yes, but it's the fact that it's our own parents that would actually gossip like little schoolgirls and say things about us to others when we're right there, that bothers us. Or at least, me anyway. Normally, I wouldn't care if it were some person I didn't know, but it's your parent acting like some other ***hole :cat: I don't think it's very cool at all.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-27-2006, 04:30 AM
It's somewhat irritating. Of course for me it's usually my mother talking, which goes a bit like this.

*long string of Vietnamese* Austin, *long string of Vietnamese* *everyone who speaks the language in the room laughs*

Yeah, not too fun.

Miriel
03-27-2006, 04:41 AM
My parents gossip about me and my brother a lot. Even to random strangers. But usually it's praise. Still, it's pretty annoying. Hey Mom, that bag boy at Vons doesn't need to know what college I go to. I mean, christ, just leave it alone.

Shoeberto
03-27-2006, 04:42 AM
Yeah, it's pretty annoying.

Reles
03-27-2006, 04:57 AM
I don't know if my mom's ever gossiped about me, but my aunt sure has, and she was talking about my chest size. Oh dear lord, thanks for telling me that my chest size is incredibly big. Atleast she thought I was a pretty girl, but I was on the quest to find myself? Wtf. Find myself? I was on the quest of finding out who I was when I was maybe 12. People go nuts whenever you dye your hair outrageous colors and then they think it's some adolescent phase. I dyed my hair because it looked damn hot. In any case, yeah it drives me nuts, but I think my dad talks lowly of me all the time. I'm to the point where I don't really care. My mom respects my space though, she's cool.

Zeromus_X
03-27-2006, 04:59 AM
I just don't like it if you do something wrong, and they feel the need to tell every living soul they come into contact with what you did. :cat:

FallenAngel411
03-27-2006, 05:05 AM
Quite dislike it. Also dislike when my nine year old sister goes up to random people, points at me and spews out my entire biography. I dislike my family in general.

nik0tine
03-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Parents really don't have a place doing that, but even the best parents do. Shame on all parents, I guess.

Reine
03-27-2006, 09:35 AM
Yes, I utterly hate it

Shaun
03-27-2006, 10:23 AM
It's happened to me lately too. It really gets on my nerves.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
03-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Not really... She's always gpoing on about "how proud she is of her little boy" *shudder* I'm not a little boy.. and anyway I've not nothing to make her proud... It's bloody annoying though...

~SapphireStar~
03-27-2006, 11:07 AM
My parents rarely discuss me with other people. For a while my mum 'forgot' I was around and just bragged about my brother nonstop. One day one of her mates said 'Dont you have a daughter?" My mum was oh yeah, so I do and continued to talk about my brother. My aunt stepped in and bragged about me being the first in the family to get to Uni, how I had my own apartment and was doing well. All my mums mates suddnely wanted to talk about me, which annoyed my mum cause she couldnt think of anything decent to say about me.

The Captain
03-27-2006, 11:32 AM
That's unfortunate to hear. Even when my folks talk about me and I get sort of ashamed, a part of me knows that they do it because they truly care. Maybe, your folks are just more reserved about their affections toward you? I'd have to believe they have more than a few things at the very least 'decent' to say.

Take care all.

Anaisa
03-27-2006, 07:10 PM
If my parents weren't already in my bad books, they sure as hell would be after the stuff they've told people about me. Its not even as if they've just mentioned petty little things, they tell people extremely personal things that nobody has any right to know, an things they know I don't want anybody to know. Their totally inconsiderate. I have never told anybody anything they've told me not to tell anyone, they should have the decency to do the same for me. Unfortunately they haven't.

cloud_doll
03-28-2006, 02:57 AM
My mom will talk non-negative things about me, but they won't be true
Example:
Adult Friend:My daughter just joined dance class!
Mom: Oh! My daughter was talking about that the other day!
Me: Uh...not really ma, I hate dancing...I never said that
Mom: Yes you did, yesterday!
Me: No ma, I was at amanda's yesterday
Mom:Then it was the day before that! Oh I can't wait til we get you in dance!

seriously. i think its the whole, "my daughter is better than urs" thing here

Hambone
03-28-2006, 03:05 AM
Talking sucks.

Rusty
03-28-2006, 06:30 AM
I don't really care. My mother can say what she likes about me and my Dad would never "gossip" about me in a nasty way, so I'm all good.

Dignified Pauper
03-28-2006, 08:25 AM
I think it's just something mother's talk about. If my grandpa tells bad stories of me of something stupid I did, I don't get mad, I get GLAD! get it?

Besides, I don't care, I did it, I don't care if people know. I have humility and no shame in many of my actions. Then again, I try to commit actions of decency.

Zeldy
03-28-2006, 08:27 AM
I sit on the top step of the stairs and listen.

Nightplague
03-28-2006, 09:16 AM
My parents (or atleast my mother) used to gossip about me in all thinkable ways and very often something that I'd rather not hear about, or something I've supressed for good reasons. I've never talked to my parents about my life and I never will but since I've grown up (a bit) I don't spend so much time at home so they don't have much to gossip about.
Everytime when we are (for instance) at my grandparents place and I say something like; Mom, you complain really much! she looks at me with her 'evil eyes' and then yells at me when we are on our way home. I've stopped caring. She won't accept any arguments so I stay away instead and she talks to me about how little she knows me nowadays.

No sh*t!

'eMeRaLdFaYe'
03-29-2006, 09:13 AM
Parents are just parents. It's irritating sometimes, but its okay. They just like to ... hMmm...Where is that word again?? *opens dictionary* ... *opens thesaurus*... *opens ABC book* .. ehem.. nvm the last part. Anyways! what I'm saying is that .. hMmm... it's soooo hard to explain!! >< ... But like i said, its fine by me, but some compliments are sometimes a teeny weeny bitty smally etc. etc. irritating!

Like last time..

Dad (talking to a friend): This is my daughter, 13 years old! As you know, she is good in English and has many talents!
Friend (smiles at me): Oh really? That's good! You must've inherited that from your father.
Me: Uh, yeah, I guess. I've heard that once or twice.
Dad: She also has many suitors! But she drives them away. Education first before boyfriend-boyfriend!

Yeah, that kind irritates me...

EeEeKkKKKkk...:cry: