what did you like about the game?,
should we have a part three?,
you think that after ffx-2 is vii?,
who's your fav ffx-2 character?

all ffx-2 fans here!!!

Zeromus_X
03-27-2006, 04:07 AM
I'm not a fan, but I can answer those questions :cat:

1.) It was pretty fun at least. Job system games usually are.
2.) No thanks.
3.) That's just a reference to FFVII (the boy Shinra), it doesn't mean that it's a prequel, I don't really give a damn what Nojima says anyway. (The worlds aren't even physically similar.)
4.) Rikku?

Ruskies
03-27-2006, 05:08 AM
I really liked X-2 cuz it had Yuna in it and I got really hooked onto spira and it's history. I liked all the characters in X but any game that has Yuna in it I will like which is why I liked X-2 so much. Also im kinda a hopeless romantic and I needed to see X-2's perfect ending to make me feel happy after X's heartbreaking ending.

I dont think a X-3 would be necessary and I dont think its a FFVll pre.

My fav X-2 person is Yuna.

DeathKnight
03-27-2006, 05:13 AM
I really liked X-2 cuz it had Yuna in it and I got really hooked onto spira and it's history. I liked all the characters in X but any game that has Yuna in it I will like which is why I liked X-2 so much. Also im kinda a hopeless romantic and I needed to see X-2's perfect ending to make me feel happy after X's heartbreaking ending.

Ditto, you answered everything for me buddy:D :meditate:

osiris
03-27-2006, 10:36 AM
1) what did you like about the game?, - the job system
2) should we have a part three?, - i dont think a sequal is neccesery i mean it has covered a lot about spira ETC
3) you think that after ffx-2 is vii?, - yep
4) who's your fav ffx-2 character? - same as my fav final fantasy X charactor: Rikku

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-27-2006, 11:17 AM
1) The non-linear style.
2) Not really. Making sequels to non-linear RPGs is always a pain in the arse anyway. But hey; if it's decent, then whatever.
3) No
4) Gippal is pretty hardcore.

TheSpoonyBard
03-27-2006, 11:58 AM
what did you like about the game? - DS system, non-linear gameplay, great battle system
should we have a part three? - No
you think that after ffx-2 is vii? - Hasn't the relationship between the two been confirmed by Nojima? Nevertheless, I don't think there's any connection, just a lot of references.
who's your fav ffx-2 character? - Yuna

Little Blue
03-27-2006, 12:17 PM
The mini games, 1000 Words, the look into Spira's past (the machina war) and the Ronso/Guado story arc

By part three, if you mean a sequel, only if it was set decades after X/X-2, with new characters, locations, but keeping the same feel of X. This would also allow a new enemy to rise as I felt Vegnagun was rather plucked out of thin air. If it's a prequel, that's good too (before Braska's pilgrimage, which might be a good movie) as that would allow new characters, and locations yet to be destroyed. Yojimbo could be unstolen, we might find out what was really in Baaj before Anima, or even before Sin to see Spira pre/during Machina War with the full and intact versions of the many ruins we see.

Someone named Nojima apparently decided it is. I dislike him immensly for linking X/X-2 to VII by more than just a casual reference that was included in the game, so no, I do not believe that X/X-2 is related to VII.

Maechen and any and all Ronso that appears in the game.

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Someone named Nojima apparently decided it is. I dislike him immensly for linking X/X-2 to VII by more than just a casual reference that was included in the game, so no, I do not believe that X/X-2 is related to VII.
If you examine the way he actually said it, it was pretty clear that he wasn't being serious.

Mirage
03-27-2006, 12:34 PM
The gameplay, and that's about it.
No.
No.
Paine.

Little Blue
03-27-2006, 12:39 PM
If you examine the way he actually said it, it was pretty clear that he wasn't being serious.
hehe, I've only ever read translations of an interview where he implies this (only through a very loose translation if I recall correctly), so I've never been able to judge how serious he was :p

DMKA
03-27-2006, 12:45 PM
1) The battle system, ability system, and just how many new things the FF series tried with it in general.
2) No. One sequel was too much.
3) No. I think like all the FF games, they have absolutely nothing to do with each other outside of refference and normal FF icons.
4) Probably Yuna. Her intentions are (usually) pure.

Markus. D
03-27-2006, 02:33 PM
what did you like about the game?, the feel good endings.... except the bad one, and just the basis of environment and atmospere that made it enjoyable.
should we have a part three?, yes... most definetly :D
you think that after ffx-2 is vii?, .... If your wondering why there is a person named Shinra, his name stands for
"Shin-Ra" is written with the Japanese kanji 神羅. This does not appear to be an actual Japanese surname, although its on-reading is the same as many others. The individual kanji mean "god"/"divine" and "snare"/"net"/"silk".
who's your fav ffx-2 character? Lenne and Shuyin.

reading on about the Shinra stuff.... it said...

Exactly why this name was chosen and what it might imply are matters of some discussion among fans.
The name is Romanized as "Shin-Ra" in official Japanese materials. This spelling convention, as opposed to the more straightforward "Shinra", may be simply for stylistic reasons. In the English version of Final Fantasy VII, the name of the corporation appears in dialogue as "Shinra".
In Final Fantasy X-2, a member of the Gullwings named "Shinra" talks about extracting pure energy from the core of the planet. In an interview for the Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania Guide, scenario writer Kazushige Nojima has stated that the character Shinra is a deliberate nod to the Shin-Ra corporation of Final Fantasy VII, and implying that he envisioned the events of Final Fantasy X-2 as a prequel to Final Fantasy VII[1]. This connection was again referred to in the Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega Guide, published by Square Enix.

does raise some element of interest.

Dell
03-27-2006, 02:54 PM
1. What did you like about the game?,
2. Should we have a part three?,
3. You think that after FFX-2 is VII?,
4. Who's your favourite FFX-2 character?

1. Leblanc, I laugh for one day (never stop) when I heard loves or Noojie-Woojie, very good humour character in the game, Ormi and Logos aren't very successful. I also like the battle with the aeons, especially with Bahamut and Magus Sisters, theme song when battling Bahamut is sad and other aeons theme could be very stressful for me. Magus Sisters is damn hard. The Ronso and Guado are good though I like the Hypello accent very much. The meeting involve Tidus and Yuna at the perfect ending really touch my heart.
2. Yes, The more the merrier, especially if the game involve Tidus and Yuna journey.
3. Seems to have a connection with Shinra (both of the company and boy are cold and suck)
4. Kimahri, Lulu, Paine, Leblanc, Ronsos and Yuna

Setzer Gabianni
03-27-2006, 03:30 PM
1. Dresspheres. Cute guys. <3
2. No. Not because I am not paticularly fond of X-2, it's just because, sequels are never as good as their predecessor in general.
3. So what if there are slight connections? It's probably just some random FF stuff in the game.
4. Gippal, Baralai, Nooj

Venom
03-27-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm not a fan but I liked how X-2 tried to be different and something new.

McLovin'
03-27-2006, 07:43 PM
I liked the main characters lack of clothing. :)

Old Manus
03-27-2006, 08:49 PM
X-2 is the awsomest game ever. Of course I will answer your questions as they have deep meaning to me

1. THE WHOLE THING IT WAS COMPLETELY UBER COOL
2. We should have a 4!
3. Yes WOW OMG you noticed that too!?
4. Shinra he is teh hawtsex

Marluxiaswife
03-29-2006, 05:48 PM
*hater free zone and ffx-2 haters*

all ffx-2 fans here!!!

o.k i love everything in it
yes yes
??? i'm still thinking about that
yuripa :D

silentenigma
03-29-2006, 11:42 PM

all ffx-2 fans here!!!

That is so discriminating. I'm hurt.

Tavrobel
03-29-2006, 11:55 PM
X-2 is the awsomest game ever. Of course I will answer your questions as they have deep meaning to me

1. THE WHOLE THING IT WAS COMPLETELY UBER COOL
2. We should have a 4!
3. Yes WOW OMG you noticed that too!?
4. Shinra he is teh hawtsex

duz taht m34n i cant p0st hur bc i h4t3 ter0rrists?
ZOMG manos ur 5uch a n00b it d0nt go fer enuf w/ ynua n t1du5 teh hole agme wuz liek teh sex we shud hav FFX-7 n dud3 3very1 nose that FF7 was b4s3d on FFX-2 but sh1nra is teh suxxors buddie is teh be5t bisshses!

That is so discriminating. I'm hurt.

Ye olde schoole games don't discriminate, at least.

silentenigma
03-30-2006, 12:05 AM
Tavrobel, You better run far away from this thread before they pull a gun on you.

Tavrobel
03-30-2006, 12:09 AM
OMG IS IT GONNA BE YUNA'S GUNS? CUZ THAT WOULD BE HAWT! OMG FFX-2 IS TEH BEST EVAR!

Kalinda
03-30-2006, 02:51 AM

Tavrobel, you are entitled to your opinion and all.. and I respect that. But Rikku X-2 created this thread because he/she was probably sick of people bashing on FFX-2 all the time and just wanted to discuss the game without constantly hearing "OMG! IT SUCKS SO MUCH!!!111"

And I really don't see what's so terrible about that. Some of us actually liked it. And we're allowed to, aren't we?

There seems to be entirely too much casual bashing as it is. And it rather annoys me. Mostly because people often try and pass their opinions off as true, actual fact.

Actually, not trying to be rude or anything, but I wonder why the haters of the game even come into this section when they, more then likely, don't have much to contribute besides bashing. Maybe, if they hate the game so much, they should have their own "hate FFX-2" thread or something. Though I don't see the point of all the bashing. Expressing an opinion is one thing and constant, pointless bashing is another. The FF series is rather long and, unless you're a rabid fanboy, you're probably not going to love ALL the games.

Would you go to a fan site for an anime you hated just to post messages about how much you thought said anime sucked? Wouldn't that be a bit silly and pointless? A waste of time even? Yeah, I thought so.

Rant over.

kikimm
03-30-2006, 04:34 AM
Instead of ranting, you can warn. ;)

Tavrobel: not necessary, at all. Don't post in threads just to make fun of people or spam. It isn't appreciated.

Continue on topic please.

I liked the battle system. And the FMVs, I thought, were entertaining, especially the one where Yuuna and Shuyin meet. But I didn't like it enough to want a sequel. And yeah, Gippal rocks.

Rengori
03-30-2006, 05:33 AM
*breaks 'FFX-2 fan only' rule just to be a rebel*

Final_Fantasy_Freak
03-31-2006, 06:35 AM

Ditto, you answered everything for me buddy:D :meditate:

Me too!

Mika the Unsent
04-03-2006, 07:11 PM

all ffx-2 fans here!!!

I liked the return to the world of Spira and its exploration of its past.

As far as a part three...I don't know about that. I mean, what would they explore? Who would it be on. I think one sequal is enough.

I never heard of ffx-2 being a pre to vii but the little similarities are kind of neat. Would that make Red XIII the natural evolution of the Ronso? I mean, wasn't Red and his kind suppossed to be guardians of the earth or something? Wouldn't bother me though if there is a connection. Like both games, would play both again, and I kind of always wanted some type of connection between the other FF games. Just thought it would be cool.

Fav FFX2...Non player - Gippal. Funny and smart. Player - Rikku. Just funny.

Shooting Star
04-03-2006, 08:13 PM
1) the battle system and dress spheres
2) i think they should leave it at that.
3) it would be cool if it was...
4) rikku, because she is cute!

BG-57
04-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Leblanc, I laugh for one day (never stop) when I heard loves or Noojie-Woojie, very good humour character in the game, Ormi and Logos aren't very successful.

Cool, another Leblanc fan. :D

If you liked her you should rent Nadia or Steam Detectives; you'll get a feeling of deja vu.

1) The Job system is always welcome, some of the outfits (Trainer is nice), Game + is always a plus, Gunner's Gauntlet is addictive without being annoying, ditto for Sphere Break.

2) I have things I like to see, but perhaps it's best left for fanfiction and the like.

3) No. FFVII and FFX-2 share some things because the creators intended it that way, but that doesn't make them the same place.

4) Leblanc, all the way. In fact, I like the original X-2 characters more than the holdovers from X.

Meet_Sue_Be_She
04-04-2006, 10:35 PM
1. What did you like about the game?

I liked how it was non linear, the battle system was cool and I liked how it covered Spira's past and whatnot.

2. Should we have a part three?

No that's quite alright.

3. You think that after FFX-2 is VII?

So I've heard.

4. Who's your favourite FFX-2 character?

Rikku and Nooj

Yuna_wannabe
04-04-2006, 10:42 PM
1) i love it thought it was a great game!
2)DEFINITLY!!!
3)???
4) Yuna

anacacia
04-05-2006, 01:08 AM
1.) I liked the characters. They were a good team. I also liked that you could chose between two different sides of the game... and I liked that there was different endings.

2.) Naw, part 3 isn't needed. I think that 2 was good enough.

3.) Huh? :p Don't understand the question... but... if your asking if Final Fantasy X-2 was before Final Fantasy 7... then I don't think so. I think X-2 was after 7.

4.) Lenne.

Marluxiaswife
04-05-2006, 05:24 AM
1.) I liked the characters. They were a good team. I also liked that you could chose between two different sides of the game... and I liked that there was different endings.

2.) Naw, part 3 isn't needed. I think that 2 was good enough.

3.) Huh? :p Don't understand the question... but... if your asking if Final Fantasy X-2 was before Final Fantasy 7... then I don't think so. I think X-2 was after 7.

4.) Lenne.

at your question 3 from what i think alittle that x-2 would be before vii cause think about it ffx-2 has no cars,phones,cell phones

Setzer Gabianni
04-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Basically, people think there is a connection between FFVII and FFX-2, but there probably wont be, because it will just be one of those things were old ff names come up etc.

~Setzer Gabianni

excelsaga
04-05-2006, 09:45 AM
i love x-2 fave game ever

fave character Paine

fave dressphere

Paine's gunner

fave location

the woods forgot the first name of it :p

Ballistix Man
04-06-2006, 09:01 PM

Its attempt at innovation
No Part 3. Stop it Square what you are doing is wrong.
No.
Brother