PDA

View Full Version : when did you feel it{spoilers not for noobs}

Eiko Guy
03-27-2006, 05:41 AM
in chrono trigger when did you feel the alone-ness and felt like you were really them

for me it was after you use the red knife and then end up in that cold place

Stayin Dizzy
03-29-2006, 11:06 PM
I didn't feel that in trigger, but I did in cross. trigger is up there for me no doubt, but it took more story (cross) to get me deep. Ending made me cry almost. I feel for Schala the most I suppose. I think the most emotional scene for me in trigger though was bringing chrono back to life at death peak

Almighty God of Paper
03-30-2006, 01:35 AM
Hmm... I've never truly felt "one with the characters" in any video game. However, there were several scenes in CT that were terribly emotional, such as the scene where Lucca fails to save her mother (if you don't do the sidequest right), or when Frog reflects on his past or something. In Cross, I didn't really feel much emotion in the game until the end.

TheAbominatrix
03-30-2006, 02:58 AM
Yeah, I've never felt like I was one of them, but I've felt an emotional connection; meaning I actually cared about what happened to them. Not so much in Cross, except the Schala instance and the 'good' ending, and quite a few times in Trigger.

cloud_doll
04-08-2006, 03:46 AM
the one time when i got deep into the game was chrono died. i didnt know then if you could bring him back or not, but it was sad when they would go to his house and talk to his mom and she would ask where he was...*tear* lol

Crossblades
04-08-2006, 11:34 PM
the one time when i got deep into the game was chrono died. i didnt know then if you could bring him back or not, but it was sad when they would go to his house and talk to his mom and she would ask where he was...*tear* lol

Ditto

Dreddz
04-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Ive never felt like I was part of any game ever.

Rice Cake
04-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Ive never felt like I was part of any game ever.

Avarice-ness
04-12-2006, 12:56 AM
I never really felt like part of Ct.. but of course..
I stopped playing when I got to the future...
Because the future couldn't have terrified me more.
And saddly, I couldn't be more serious. :eep:

JackNapier
04-12-2006, 01:38 AM
Same here, that was the first game I played that did that to the main character. I was pretty surprised.

ShadowNINku
04-19-2006, 09:45 PM
dang I beat this game and forgot that that happened.....time to load up my Chronno trigger very soon

The Unknown Guru
05-15-2006, 06:10 PM
I think the most emotional part of CT was when Frog first wielded the Masamune, then opened the entrance to the Magic cave (the one that goes to Magus' lair).

Mirage
05-15-2006, 09:25 PM
The resurrection is probably the scene that moved me the most in CT. Man, It's been ages since I played it. I should download it again. Just too bad it's a bit boring in the beginning ;/. Well I mean, the beginning wasn't boring the first time through, but it is now.

PontiusPilate
05-16-2006, 01:36 AM
I could never take blocky characters seriously so id have to say none. I wish next to there dialogue they had a picture like in FFT or FFTA etc.

Mirage
05-16-2006, 11:26 AM
You just lack imagination :p.

PontiusPilate
05-18-2006, 01:10 AM
Yeah, i lost it about the age of 10. Still cant find the damn thing :)

Eiko Guy
06-01-2006, 05:56 PM
ialso felt it when kid fell from viper manor

Spatvark
06-01-2006, 09:29 PM
I get kinda weepy at points in CT; I tend to not resurrect Crono in the actual game since I think it makes for a better ending that way, and I'm much more likely to start blubbing.

Chrono Cross never really hit me the same way, though there were a few scenes that had me going "man that's awesome!" like when Lynx tells Serge that he's the Chrono Trigger.

sora1994
06-12-2006, 12:31 AM
how do u get a emulator i mean does it cost money

Dragoncurry
06-15-2006, 02:49 AM
No it doesn't and just google it.

Sefie1999AD
06-16-2006, 09:24 PM
*MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW!*

There were many emotional moments in CT when I felt for the characters. One was when the characters took a break in the forest and were thinking about their lives, and Lucca got a chance to save her mother from getting paralyzed. Lucca and Robo will have an emotional conversation after that no matter whether you succeed or fail at saving Lucca's mother. Many of the side quests were also like that since you did so many small but friendly things to so many people, and although the actions were quite small, the results were even bigger. Such as giving the jerky meat away for free, Marle and her father, Toma the adventurer, Cyrus' side-quest et cetera.

I can't remember whether I cried or not during the ending, but that was very sweet. There's that cute music box song (Marle's theme) and it then transforms into a more emotional "full orchestra" style song with strings and other instruments, and the characters say their goodbyes. The scene between Lucca and Robo was moving, at least for me. Then after all those goodbyes, Crono's mother and the cat(s) walk through the time portal and get sucked in. After all those sad farewells, that made me chuckle a bit, and Lucca's line after that is just so great: "I forgot! We have a Time Machine! Nya ha ha!" Then they fly off with the Epoch and see all their friends again. :D

Arwald
07-02-2006, 11:15 AM
*ZOMG a spoiler!*

I've allways felt one with Magus when he is speaking about himself, about his past and about his revenge on Lavos. That he once was Janus the little kid then he got trapped in time and lost his sister. :(

Zeromus_X
07-02-2006, 11:31 AM
I dunno. Depictions of world ahnillation always brings happy tears to my eyes.

Seriously, Zeal being destroyed was awesome. It had my favorite world map theme too.

Lucca's mom and such, though I never figured out how the hell you're supposed to save her...

Chrono dying. (Only to be ressurected...though I do that out of habit anyway.)

The ending too, and the confrontation with Lavos' Core. (Everyone does their take on the whole situation.)

Meh, there were alot.

Sefie1999AD
07-02-2006, 01:18 PM
The ending too, and the confrontation with Lavos' Core. (Everyone does their take on the whole situation.)

I also liked how all the characters in your current party (except for Crono) say something special and then you enter the final battle, which is very well done in a lot of ways: the time travelling effect, the dramatic spell effects, the music etc.

Lawr
07-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Whenever I think about the stories and how they are connected and
all that crap it scares me to death. Really.

EDIT

There's that cute music box song (Marle's theme) and it then transforms into a more emotional "full orchestra" style song with strings and other instruments, and the characters say their goodbyes.

That can bring tears to any-one. Even my science teacher.

cloud_doll
07-11-2006, 04:15 PM
i, as like veryone else, felt emotional when: Chrono died. he was my favorite character, even though he didnt talk. well he did, butyou know. i always like the main character in everything, so when he died i was sad :cry:

Mr. Lawl
07-15-2006, 07:19 AM
Man. I really hated it when you get put in jail regardless of whether you're innocent or not. That mad me so incredibly mad. But then you get to beat up that stupid Dragon thing, so I felt better after that lol. But I felt sorry for Crono, because you know that the Chancellor is bad, and poor Crono get's looked up in prison for nothing. :(

PresZidane
07-15-2006, 03:34 PM
in chrono trigger when did you feel the alone-ness and felt like you were really them

for me it was after you use the red knife and then end up in that cold place

As did I.:D

Sephex
07-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Well, I didn't feel like one of the characters, but I do remember feeling very...odd...when I first went to 12,000 B.C. It was then that I knew that Chrono Trigger was one of the best games ever.

Kumo
09-11-2006, 10:04 AM
I freaking loved it when Glenn (Frog) cut the mountain in half with his Masamune. That part was like "yeah, rock on Frog with your bad self!". And the 12,000 B.C. thing goes double for me. Love that map, music, and people there.

Thane
09-17-2006, 03:03 PM
I felt slightly emotional when Crono, Lucca and Marle discover how the world gets destroyed by Lavos and at the end when you find out that Robo might not exist in the future

And Frog's theme song rocked! It would always make me feel truimphant, undefeatable and brave!

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-18-2006, 08:27 AM
I liked it when Crono died, though I wish my whole name would fit like in FF7. I think the way FF7 treated Cloud (and that my name could fit) was executed much better, but similar scene in CT (where Zeal is getting destroyed) was pretty well done, too. I played it after FF7, so it was hard to really get into it like how I really got sucked into FF7.