PDA

View Full Version : mmo's

Sparky
03-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Who agrees with me on my opinion?

Making final fantasy games on the internet was a stupid idea bc that ruins the whole scheme of things

Darth Cid
03-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Zidane: It was incredibly stupid. Square needs to keep FF standalone from now on. :mad:

The Devourer Of Worlds
03-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who agree with you.

Darth Cid
03-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Zidane: They constantly update the game to keep the story current, but there's really no story, no true character interaction, it's just a guy or girl talking NPCs and then after that the character doesn't even talk, brings you back to the fkn' FFI days where your characters had no personality, only this time it's in 3d and on a chatline. :mad:

DeathKnight
03-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Zidane: They constantly update the game to keep the story current, but there's really no story, no true character interaction, it's just a guy or girl talking NPCs and then after that the character doesn't even talk, brings you back to the fkn' FFI days where your characters had no personality, only this time it's in 3d and on a chatline. :mad:

Quoted for truth

But the saddest thing with FFXI....is that, it's so damn repeatitive. And it doesn't allow you to dress your character the way you want, yes they have many different races, but can't they have any other kinds of clothes???? And you can't talk to villagers (I think, haven't really played it)

I don't know, they better re-do it on the Play Station 3 with a better scheme.

Leucant
03-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Before you all start smack talking about FFXI maybe you should play it. The gameplay is always changing everyday, you can interact with other people who love and play FF, and by the way, the way your character looks changes from what armor and weapon you have. So if you're poor you won't look as cool as the dragoon with the sweet dragon armor. FFXI is an awesome changeup from the repititiveness of the series.

Darth Cid
03-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Before you all start smack talking about FFXI maybe you should play it.

Zidane: It's funny how I say the exact same thing to people about FFIX, and FFIX has a story. And before you start with "you interact with ff fans", interacting with ff fans is what message boards like this one is for.

Necronopticous
03-27-2006, 06:28 PM
http://www.JEREMYTIME/upload/chocobo01.jpg

Yuffie514
03-27-2006, 11:19 PM
i find it quite fun to give my character her own personality, because set-personalities and Jobs do tend to get boring. plus i get to play online with friends and interact with others. evolution is key...

Tavrobel
03-28-2006, 12:08 AM
MMORPGs are alright, but the problem is you can't play them forever (at least with PEOPLE). Sure, you know that a Zod is worth 3 Sojs, but after a certain amount of time, or a sequel for that matter, who will play it, rendering all your stuff near useless? (DI got overrun by hackers a long time ago, and DII has maphackers and runbots to get stuff they want on ladder). People will dish out money for this stuff, even real, cold hard green stuff (not vegetables) with dead presidents on it (except Ben Franklin), just so they can get ahead.

Not to say they are not fun or worth it (sometimes); that is not the point at all. It doesn't ruin the whole scheme, but it does mean that FFXI won't matter by the time FFXV comes out. I'd be surprised that people will even remember/consider it a part of the primary franchise. It is nice to make friends and actually do stuff with other people, but if you can't do so in REAL LIFE, perhaps there is a small matter you may have to attend to.

Even WoW will suffer the same fate. Well, just MY opinion. We will just have to wait 10 years.

Markus. D
03-28-2006, 12:11 AM
Who agrees with me on my opinion?

Making final fantasy games on the internet was a stupid idea bc that ruins the whole scheme of things

it doesnt do crap to it.....

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-28-2006, 03:40 AM
i think that they shouldn't have the online play. But i cant believe that they made FF XI for online play online. That is so retarded. why bother making a game that has no storyline whatsoever. You should atleast get to play it without having to be online.

Masamunemaster
03-28-2006, 02:23 PM
it ruins the whole game concept

YTDN
03-28-2006, 04:09 PM
I've never played FFXI, so I shouldn't be complaining, but I prefer FF with storylines and a fixed ending. And also I don't like the idea of having to pay each month, mainly coz I don't have enough money to.:p

Zante
03-28-2006, 05:30 PM
I fail to see how it ruins anything. Only thing that bugs me that they made FFXI a numbered one, so I wont be able to brag to have beaten them all anymore. :p

Miriel
03-28-2006, 08:19 PM
FFXI is awesome. And it has a great storyline.

Darth Cid
03-28-2006, 11:42 PM
Zidane: :eek: It has a storyline?

Leucant
03-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Yeah there is a certain storyline, I mean your not just wandering around killing orcs and behemoths for no reason. However, the thing that makes it so great is that you don't have to give a damn about it and you can do your own thing for as long as you want. Everything about it is great imo. The game is smurfin ginormus and is expanded and just getting to interact with people and the way the fiends interact with you is just awesome.