PDA

View Full Version : limit breaks

scumhorror
03-27-2006, 06:04 PM
I made it half way through this game and decided I was playing it all wrong…I was totally dependent upon my GF’s, I stocked very little magic, I didn’t know how to use limit breaks and I was just barley beating every boss until I got to the first boss in the battle between the gardens on the second disc…I got my ass handed to me…

I decided to go back and start the game over and stock up high magic and try to understand the whole junctioning system better. things are going more smoothly now although it’s a little boring while I stock 100 of each magic…

My problem is limit breaks…I understand what they do and that they can be very beneficial but I don’t know how to use them…how do you start a limit break? I want to practice this while I am still early in the game so that it is second nature when I get back to the first boss in the garden battle…I want to hand his ass to him

Thanks
b

Ramza Beoulve
03-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Well, in the beginning a limit break is nearly useless, but you can do it with the correct command when you are really hurt (hp in yellow) or have Aura in your character, each Limit has his own style, and you can only learn it correctly with practice :D

Good luck n.n

rubah
03-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Get low HP (yellow numbers), push triangle until a triangle shows up to the left of the attack choice, push left, choose your limit break and go prod some major buttock.

scumhorror
03-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks…it was the biggest mystery to me…now I don’t see how I could have missed it before…I saw that arrow many times next to the attack option while playing but I was so caught up in using my GF’s I didn’t put it together…this will make thing a lot easier down the road

thanks
b

Ramza Beoulve
03-27-2006, 07:54 PM
You are welcome n.n

Actually, use the GF until disc 2 ending, because if you don't customice the weapons earliear, you'll get in troubles n.n

Jessweeee♪
03-27-2006, 10:55 PM
That's what I did the first time. I actually managed to get to disc three somehow that way! Anyway, I realized the true power of the Junction System...and now it's to easy.
Oh, and if you are wondering how to get Squall's limits, just upgrade the weapons.

Twilight Edge
03-28-2006, 08:16 AM
That's what I did the first time. I actually managed to get to disc three somehow that way! Anyway, I realized the true power of the Junction System...and now it's to easy.
Oh, and if you are wondering how to get Squall's limits, just upgrade the weapons.

Same when I did it first time.

As for limit breaks:
Squall-upgrade gunblade
Quistis-give her items that she can use to learn blue magic
Selphie-nothing much,just choose what you want.There are four that are displayed on the limit screen(the part where you see your limit breaks),Full Cure,Rapture,The End and the other forgot.
Irvine-get new ammo.He learn the skill auto.
Rinoa-buy magazines for Angelo.Angel Wing is obtained when you get aboard the Ragnarok.
Zell.Same as Angelo.But don't ask me how to get 004,I never got it.

To use limit breaks:
1.Aura
2.Get your HP as low as 1/3(like when you have 9999hp,get damage until it reaches at least 3333) because getting it down below 1/4(yellow life)only ensures you to use limit breaks.And you get easier to kill.So try to keep your HP high.