PDA

View Full Version : Beauty And The Beast

Chris
03-27-2006, 07:46 PM
This is my all time favorite Disney movie, and perhaps even one of my favorite movies, period. I grew up watching this movie and I still watch it when I can bash the old VHS player to work (I don't have the DVD yet). I loved the score and the opening is stunning...! The music is breathtaking. I loved the voices and the cute and cuddly melodies. It's infact a very sad and tragic movie, but I love it. :)

Miriel
03-27-2006, 07:57 PM
I adore Beauty and the Beast. Definitely one of my favorite movies growing up. Especially since the princess in this movie actually did something, not just go to sleep and wait for a prince, or stupidly eat apples given by a stranger.

Belle is my favorite Disney princess and the movie itself was beautiful and heartfelt. It's the only animated film to have ever been nominated for a Best Picture Oscar by the AMPAS and that's a pretty significant achievement.

I saw the Beauty and the Beast musical in New York on Broadway and it was fantastic to see the movie come alive like that. I really really like Belle. :)

Kirobaito
03-27-2006, 08:00 PM
I adore Beauty and the Beast. Definitely one of my favorite movies growing up. Especially since the princess in this movie actually did something, not just go to sleep and wait for a prince, or stupidly eat apples given by a stranger.

Belle is my favorite Disney princess and the movie itself was beautiful and heartfelt. It's the only animated film to have ever been nominated for a Best Picture Oscar by the AMPAS and that's a pretty significant achievement.

I saw the Beauty and the Beast musical in New York on Broadway and it was fantastic to see the movie come alive like that. I really really like Belle. :)
I thoroughly enjoyed the musical, too.

Another one of my favorite Disney movies. Not as good as The Lion King, but a wonderful movie in itself.

XxSephirothxX
03-27-2006, 08:02 PM
The fact that this, an animated film, was actually nominated for Best Picture is a testament to how wonderful a movie it was. Heartwarming, funny, entertaining...this was back when Disney really knew how to make a good movie, and they delivered.

Sefie1999AD
03-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie, beating even Pirates of the Caribbean and the Little Mermaid, IMHO. The story's very emotional, the music is very beautiful, and there's just something in the movie that manages to touch you. I haven't seen the Broadway version, though I have the soundtrack for that one. The extra songs in Broadway, which didn't make it to the movie, are just as good as the other movie songs, and they don't really sound childish to me.

mooglebunni608
03-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Beuty and the Beast is my favorite too :D
I used to think I was belle lol
I love the music too :3

lovehurts
03-27-2006, 08:28 PM
I saw it ...and watched it together with my younger sisster.

Sing the Sorrow
03-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Beauty and the Beast is one of disneys better movies thats for sure. I lk beauty and the beast just that i havent seen in years

~SapphireStar~
03-27-2006, 09:24 PM
So fun to sing along to, love Disney for that. My mum took me to see it and we were singing "Be Our Guest" all the way home :D I was in tears at the end and the music did move me to tears also, so beautiful. My cousin fancied the beast when he transformed back into a human, I teased her for years, but she got her own back when she found out I fancied Eric from Little Mermaid.

Winter Nights
03-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Been said many a times, but Beauty And The Beast is a masterpiece and the best thing to come from the House of Mouse.

The Captain
03-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Ah, another Disney classic. So many great songs and scenes in this movie as well. Though, whenever I think of this movie, I recall that I played Gaston for a while at a local community theater and laugh at myself for having to play such a pompous fool night in and night out.

Take care all.

Spiffing Cheese
03-27-2006, 11:35 PM
I love it, but not as much as a couple of the other Disney films.

Gaston = love.

Tavrobel
03-27-2006, 11:48 PM
That movie was hilarious. I remember hating Gaston SO FREAKING MUCH. I have the original VHS somewhere...

angel of darkness12
03-28-2006, 12:29 AM
wow i have to sing a solo in chorus from Beauty and the Beast! i do an excilent job at it too (except when i tried out i was sick with a very bad cold but still got it!) i have to watch that movie everytime i babysit a little kid

cloud_doll
03-28-2006, 02:48 AM
Beauty and the Beast is great, though i hardly remember it,for i lost the VHS years ago...they really need to put it on DVD.
my favorite disney has always been Lady and the Tramp. I love that one so much, I guess when I was little i never realy liked watching princess movies...DOGS ROCK

Slade
03-28-2006, 09:58 AM
This is another really awsome Disney movie. I remember getting the video when it first came out.....good time. The candlestick guy and the clock were the coolest characters in that movie. This makes me want to see it again, but sadly, the video is at my parents house :(

Chris
03-28-2006, 11:16 AM
Beauty and the Beast is great, though i hardly remember it,for i lost the VHS years ago...they really need to put it on DVD.
It is out on DVD now. :D

Shauna
03-28-2006, 11:27 AM
I love this film so much. It's up there at the top of my favourite Disney Films list along with a good few others!

I always liked this one, because... I liked Belle? I always imagined myself to be just like Belle when I was younger. ^_^;

rikkupainegoofydonald
03-28-2006, 02:20 PM
I love Belle, she's beautiful. Beauty and The Beast The Enchanted Christmas is better that way.

~SapphireStar~
03-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Beauty and The Beast The Enchanted Christmas is better that way.
What do you mean? Better then the origianl movie? If so, how? How can it be better? Enchanted Christmas is a Christmas movie, Beauty & The Beast is a fairytale, a story. Not something made up by Disney for extra cash.

DMKA
03-28-2006, 05:07 PM
It's a great film, though it's no Lion King.