PDA

View Full Version : So, 8:15AM, eh?

Madame Adequate
03-28-2006, 07:17 AM
Yup, 8:15 in the morning and I've not been to bed yet.

Why?

Alpha Centuari is why. I just had a reeeeeeaaaalllly long game, which I totally dominated and walked effortlessly away with an Ascent to Transcendence victory. But it was awesomely fun.

God, I love that game.

Discuss;
Alpha Centuari
Games that can keep you up throughout the night

NeoCracker
03-28-2006, 07:51 AM
I've done that with septera Core, FF IX, FF VI, Xenosaga one and two, Atelier IRis, Breath of Fire 2 and 4, Shadow hearts covenant, Super MArio RPG, Chrono Trigger. A few others I can't think of. I do that a lot actually. Musn't forget Skies of Arcadia Legend.

Samuraid
03-28-2006, 08:03 AM
I've done that while writing code, working on the EoFF server, playing Warcraft 3 or possibly a game from the Myst series. I think the latest was about 5:30am though.

a nirvana fan
03-28-2006, 10:30 AM
I once played Kingdom Hearts from approximately 7:00PM till 6:30AM the next day. Also when I first bought Final Fantasy X, I played on that for a serious long time, so long I cant remember but it was nearly 20 hours, no kidding.

Meat Puppet
03-28-2006, 11:32 AM
I forgot sleep existed the first time I played Morrowind.

DK
03-28-2006, 01:56 PM
I miss Alpha Centuri so hard, it's been really long since i've played it and I can't find my CD. I remember, I used to play as the University guy and keep going with war techs until I had the planet buster and then, well. Busted Planets. :D But I usually hate those kind of games, but AC is the one game i've enjoyed a lot.

I really want to play it again. D:<

bipper
03-28-2006, 02:09 PM
I've done that while writing code, working on the EoFF server, playing Warcraft 3 or possibly a game from the Myst series. I think the latest was about 5:30am though.

Werd, code writing reprazent, yo. Ugh - Yeah - Late nights I am usually fighting keys to slap together code. World of Warcraft does a great job of costing me sleep as well. FFIII is the last single player game I rembember doing this to though. :p

biper

Dreddz
03-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Same as Nirvana fan, when I first got FFX, I played that game nearly a whole night, I had a few breaks, each lasting 10 minutes or so, then I'd go back to FFX. I tried to stay up the next day but fell asleep around 9am.
I also did the same with Xenogears, but it was during the day and from 10am to 4 pm or so.
I only stay awake playing games for that length of time when I play
Tekken or something, Most of the time im on Practice mode learning moves.

Shoeberto
03-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Sven Coop. That game is soooooo much fun on LAN. I'm not even kidding. Counter-strike is a good one, too.

Single player, though, hmm. I played Xenogears a lot when I first got it - well into the night when I got it, then practically all the day after. I played Metroid: Zero Mission a good bit into the night, too. Generally, I'm more of the sort to play things from early in the day all the way through until midnight, then sleep and start the next day. I don't get caught up enough that I stay up all night playing a game.

Ramza Beoulve
03-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Umm, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, Shadowman and Final Fantasy Tactics.

The first one from 8:00 pm to 9:00 am, the second from 2:00 pm to 6:00 am, the third from 9:00 pm to 5:00 am and the last one from 2:00 pm to 1:00 pm :P

SeeDRankLou
03-28-2006, 08:26 PM
I've done this with several games. When I first played FFX, I played it for about 10 hours before I found a good save point, and it was about 5 in the morning before I stopped. Resident Evil 4, I had just started the fourth chapter and I got all the way up to "It," and when I finally beat "It" it was like 6am. Pikmin 2, I just completely lost track of time, the sun had come up before I realized it was so late, that game is so fun. And I will more than likely be doing this with Kingdom Hearts 2 when the pre-order finally comes in.

Jebus
03-28-2006, 08:33 PM
I miss Alpha Centuri so hard, it's been really long since i've played it and I can't find my CD. I remember, I used to play as the University guy and keep going with war techs until I had the planet buster and then, well. Busted Planets. :D But I usually hate those kind of games, but AC is the one game i've enjoyed a lot.

I really want to play it again. D:<

Zakharov ftw.

Sven Coop. That game is soooooo much fun on LAN. I'm not even kidding. Counter-strike is a good one, too.

Holy hell, I miss that game so much. I really need to play it again.

KentaRawr!
03-30-2006, 03:16 PM
The sleep game is one that keeps going on all night.

I think the only video game that I ever played through an entire night is Super Mario RPG, back when I was 7. >_> Yeah...

Vyk
03-30-2006, 10:40 PM
KOTOR 1 and 2 are easy choices for me in this topic. I could not stop playing them. FFVI and VII did it for me too. And I'm pretty sure Xenogears did too. They're just that type of game for me. Other than that um... The Baldur's Gate games (for PC, not console). Hmm... I destroyed my Saturn by playing 12-hour sessions of Dragon Force. And when I was a kid I stayed up many a summer night with Shining in the Darkness and Shining Force

anacacia
03-30-2006, 10:45 PM
Final Fantasy. And Silent Hill. I have a thing for those games... :love:

Not that kind of thing, but you know. On a saturday in my life, I stayed up for a long time and could not put the game down... but of cource... school on Monday! So I had to stay up all Sunday. I was deathly tired. Figures out... I didn't wake up to the alarm. :eek:

Tavrobel
03-30-2006, 11:45 PM
The last time I stayed up past 3 was playing with my cousins in Mario Kart 64. Alone, I have only stayed up until 2 AM playing WCIII: TFT on B.net. Starcraft comes close with 1:45. I never stay up past 10 for single player game, unless I'm waiting for SNL.

Madame Adequate
03-31-2006, 12:52 AM
The last time I stayed up past 3 was playing with my cousins in Mario Kart 64. Alone, I have only stayed up until 2 AM playing WCIII: TFT on B.net. Starcraft comes close with 1:45. I never stay up past 10 for single player game, unless I'm waiting for SNL.

I've stayed up until 7 playing SC with friends. It was pretty awesome. And I can certainly empathise with the Mario Kart lateness :p