PDA

View Full Version : who here thinks that ...

Gh["]sT
03-28-2006, 12:14 PM
square soft should have kept its name instead of changing it to square enix i think they should have kept it :D

Miriel
03-28-2006, 12:18 PM
I kinda like calling them Squeenix.

Gh["]sT
03-28-2006, 12:30 PM
lol
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Old Manus
03-28-2006, 12:32 PM
It's because they want to look like 'hard' gangstas

ljkkjlcm9
03-28-2006, 12:36 PM
yeah, cause I'm sure Enix would have loved that deal. They had to change their name, plain and simple

THE JACKEL

Gh["]sT
03-28-2006, 12:42 PM
no i still think they should have kept square soft:D gangstas lol know that is funny lol this is true comedy from the old manus lol:D

~SapphireStar~
03-28-2006, 12:48 PM
I prefered Square Soft cause of the irony, squares arent usually soft, they have pointy edges. Thats what I think anyway, but what you going to do?

Gh["]sT
03-28-2006, 12:56 PM
dont know didnt think i was just wondering i might make a preticion dont know if i spelt that rite lol:D yea i just might do that:D

~SapphireStar~
03-28-2006, 01:13 PM
dont know didnt think i was just wondering i might make a preticion dont know if i spelt that rite lol yea i just might do that
I didnt mean it as in what are you going to do about their name. I meant what you going to do in the sense that you cant do anything.

Gh["]sT
03-28-2006, 01:17 PM
i can do sumthing like walk and stuff i dont know im to lazy to think hard lol thats why im at college:D

~SapphireStar~
03-28-2006, 01:18 PM
i can do sumthing like walk and stuff i dont know im to lazy to think hard lol thats why im at college
... Im just going to stop posting in this thread because for someone at college, you cant grasp what people say.

DudeSon2004
03-28-2006, 01:24 PM
I prefer Squaresoft, but than again I always call them Square.
As long Square is in the name it dosen't really matter.
Same Company, Simular Name.

Captain Maxx Power
03-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Anyone who doesn't understand the joy of saying "Squenix" needs to learn just why Square Enix > Squaresoft.

Yuffie514
04-03-2006, 07:12 AM
i don't mind either way.

The Devourer Of Worlds
04-03-2006, 07:52 AM
I think that it really, really, really doesn't matter.

Avathar
04-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Squenix:cool:

Gh["]sT
04-03-2006, 03:03 PM
The Devourer Of Worlds i dont think you like me to much:confused:

DeathKnight
04-03-2006, 03:40 PM
I prefered Square Soft cause of the irony, squares arent usually soft, they have pointy edges. Thats what I think anyway, but what you going to do?

but what 'bout square sponges??? they're square AND soft:D

crazybayman
04-03-2006, 03:47 PM
I think it might have something to do with the fact that "Squaresoft" merged with "Enix", and therefore company changed its name to Square Enix. I don't think Enix would want to be called just "squaresoft".

I vote the mods add "lol" to the profanity list, hence filtering it out the same as swearing. :p

Gh["]sT
04-03-2006, 03:50 PM
i like square sponges lol xD

Darth Cid
04-03-2006, 06:56 PM
I think it might have something to do with the fact that "Squaresoft" merged with "Enix", and therefore company changed its name to Square Enix. I don't think Enix would want to be called just "squaresoft".

I vote the mods add "lol" to the profanity list, hence filtering it out the same as swearing. :p

Zidane: This very off-topic, but how is "lol" profanity?

*~Angel Wing~*
04-03-2006, 09:48 PM
I think they both sound cool, but I'm used to calling them SquareSoft.

Shiny
04-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Wtf is an enix??? Sqauresoft fo' sho'.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-04-2006, 01:25 AM
Cloud_vivi don't spam.

And, as has been said COUNTLESS times on this forum, Enix was a rival company of Squaresoft, and the two of them had produced games together in the past. The merger didn't hurt the two companies any more than their own staff loss through unrelated reasons. The teams are still in essence separate entities, but they can now collaborate and pool their monetary gains.

Darth Cid
04-04-2006, 02:37 AM
And, as has been said COUNTLESS times on this forum, Enix was a rival company of Squaresoft, and the two of them had produced games together in the past. The merger didn't hurt the two companies any more than their own staff loss through unrelated reasons. The teams are still in essence separate entities, but they can now collaborate and pool their monetary gains.

Zidane: That's a big QFT Void. Squaresoft is responsible for the RPG giant known as Final Fantasy and Enix is responsible for FF's (before the merge)rival series Star Ocean, they combined forces around the FFX-2 period, and are now known as Square Enix.

black orb
04-04-2006, 06:00 AM
and Enix is responsible for FF's (before the merge)rival series Star Ocean
>>> Enix main franchise is Dragon Quest, not Star Ocean..

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-04-2006, 06:28 AM
Zidane: That's a big QFT Void. Squaresoft is responsible for the RPG giant known as Final Fantasy and Enix is responsible for FF's (before the merge)rival series Star Ocean, they combined forces around the FFX-2 period, and are now known as Square Enix.

Are you disagreeing with me or are you agreeing with me? That "QFT" is always an ambiguous statement, and by the looks of it you're disagreeing so...

They're still a business and the divisions are still the same. The Enix people didn't suddenly come in and start working on the Squaresoft games and the Squaresoft people suddenly came over and worked on the Enix games, both companies have different development departments and while they are all the same company now, each division has its own duties. The blame (or praise) for FFX-2 falls solely on Squaresoft's shoulders, as it was their division that made it.

Aside from the afforementioned fact that Enix is responsible for Dragon Quest, which consistently outsells Final Fantasy in Japan by a large margin.

Zeromus_X
04-04-2006, 06:32 AM
Zidane, Tri-Ace develops the Star Ocean games, but I see what you mean. Enix just publishes 'em. :cat: Enix develops and publishes the Dragon Quest series, though I guess Level 5 helped out in the latest installment. :cat:

feioncastor
04-04-2006, 07:58 AM
I've always called them Square. I played FFII for the SNES first, and it says "SQUARE" on the cartridge, and in the game at the title screen. I learned that the company that made Final Fantasy II was called Square, so that's what I called them when they made FFIII, FFVII and so forth.

I know they were technically called 'Squaresoft', but we just never called them that. Meh.

But I really don't like to call them "Square-Enix". I know it was a mutually beneficial merger and it probably won't make their games any worse than Square was going to make them anyway, but even so. The name "Square-Enix" just seems lame.

"Squeenix" is slightly cooler. Slightly.

Gh["]sT
04-04-2006, 12:55 PM
im not spamming im just putting my point across that is all sorry if i have done somthing wrong but i didnt mean to :( but yea square soft should be the name i think i might do a pretion or somthing lol xD:D

Dreddz
04-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Squaresoft seems to click more than Square Enix IMO