PDA

View Full Version : Who hates Yuna,Lu Lu, and Tifa?

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
03-28-2006, 06:08 PM
I hate them so much i can not think of a word to describe how much i hate them all 3 of them get cool guys (poor Tidus, Wakka and Cloud, I feel your pain) die you 3:mad2: :hot: :radred: :hot: :radred: :hot: :radred: :mad2:

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-28-2006, 07:30 PM
*moves to Gen FF*

Lulu is the best character in Final Fantasy X. She's obviously the smartest of the group and her personality, while not terribly well explored due to the focus on Tidus and Yuna, is very appealing. She's calm and competent, and she understands far more than most of the other characters. Furthermore, you see an interesting change as her world is turned upside-down with the revelation of the Final Summoning's purpose.

Tifa is equally a good character, she shows a great deal of devotion to Cloud even though it is not reciprocated, and she also has a definite selfless quality to her that I found to be quite a good aspect of her personality. The way she changes and evolves throughout the story is quite believeable, and I like her very much as a character, as opposed to Aeris, who I found to be somewhat irritating and self-centered.

Yuna I'm fairly neutral on. I don't mind her, she was considerably more irritating in X-2, but she's not terrible, all things considered. I do think that X-2 isn't the best on "believable character evolutions," so I'm willing to forgive her for her X-2 incarnation to some degree.

Winter Nights
03-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Have to agree with Behold, in regards to Lulu and Tifa. Yuna.. I dunno. I really couldn't get into her in FFX, due to her being a very depressing character with no real resolution.. Then, she was abhorrently annoying in FFX-2. *shrugs* Overall, her character has suffered some really bad writing.

Darth Cid
03-29-2006, 12:35 AM
Zidane: KILL THEM! OVERRATED CHARACTERS! :mad2:

rubah
03-29-2006, 12:39 AM
I could identify very easily with yuna. I expected Tifa to be more outgoing, and her reticence was surprising when I finally played ff7.

Lulu reminds me of Leeza 8)

well technically that should be leeza reminds me of lulu, but still xD

Vincentsinnerdemon
03-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Lulu is the best character in Final Fantasy X. She's obviously the smartest of the group and her personality, while not terribly well explored due to the focus on Tidus and Yuna, is very appealing. She's calm and competent, and she understands far more than most of the other characters. Furthermore, you see an interesting change as her world is turned upside-down with the revelation of the Final Summoning's purpose.

Tifa is equally a good character, she shows a great deal of devotion to Cloud even though it is not reciprocated, and she also has a definite selfless quality to her that I found to be quite a good aspect of her personality. The way she changes and evolves throughout the story is quite believeable, and I like her very much as a character, as opposed to Aeris, who I found to be somewhat irritating and self-centered.

Yuna I'm fairly neutral on. I don't mind her, she was considerably more irritating in X-2, but she's not terrible, all things considered. I do think that X-2 isn't the best on "believable character evolutions," so I'm willing to forgive her for her X-2 incarnation to some degree.

I agree fully to everything except Yuna. I found her to be annoying, depressing, and an all around sucky character.(personally I feel the same way about Tidus so I feel they belong together.)

Zeromus_X
03-29-2006, 01:26 AM

I agree fully to everything except Yuna. I found her to be annoying, depressing, and an all around sucky character.(personally I feel the same way about Tidus so I feel they belong together.)

I'd be kind of depressed if I knew I had to sacrifice myself for pretty much no reason whatsoever. :cat:

But yeah, I agree with BotV.

Slade
03-29-2006, 06:39 AM
None of them are my favorites and I never really liked Tifa, but in no way do I hate them.

mooglebunni608
03-29-2006, 07:52 AM
Tifa is awesome!! lulu's okay.... but yuna sux.she gets very annoying!

DMKA
03-29-2006, 11:55 AM
I loved them all.

Dell
03-29-2006, 12:07 PM
all of them are good, and I found that the people that say they hate them to be weird somehow, whatever I like them all, I think Rikku and Yuffie look more hooker and jiggle.

anyway, isn't this a negative thread? should it be closed?

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
03-29-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm just asking who doesnt like them, and thanks people for agreeing that Yuna sucks. the last time i tryed to start a forum about this it got shut down so please dont close it, i need to know cause a lot of people do like her and who does not like her

Crossblades
03-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Tifa is awesome.. Yuna is okay. Lulu is pretty cool though

Darth Cid
03-29-2006, 09:12 PM
Garnet: No, Yuna, Lulu, and Tifa all suck.

Crossblades
03-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Garnet: No, Yuna, Lulu, and Tifa all suck.

One couple's opinion

Darth Cid
03-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Garnet: Indeed!

McLovin'
03-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Tifa is hot. Yuna is cute. Lula is a bad ass.

They are AWESOME! :)

Darth Cid
03-29-2006, 09:30 PM
Garnet: I find them overrated.

Markus. D
03-29-2006, 10:45 PM
I hate them so much i can not think of a word to describe how much i hate them all 3 of them get cool guys (poor Tidus, Wakka and Cloud, I feel your pain) die you 3:mad2: :hot: :radred: :hot: :radred: :hot: :radred: :mad2:

oh you poor thing.

just play a Final Fantasy that doesnt have them.

ps: Tifa was used in the choreography of the most inspiring action scene in a movie I have ever seen, I hope you choke on your words.

edit: wasnt there a variation on this that Yuna and Lulu should both die as hookers or something?

.... get over it.

Tavrobel
03-29-2006, 10:50 PM
I hate them so much i can not think of a word to describe how much i hate them all 3 of them get cool guys (poor Tidus, Wakka and Cloud, I feel your pain) die you 3:
oh you poor thing.
just play a Final Fantasy that doesnt have them.
ps: Tifa was used in the choreography of the most inspiring action scene in a movie I have ever seen, I hope you choke on your words.
edit: wasnt there a variation on this that Yuna and Lulu should both die as hookers or something?
.... get over it.

Yes, it was posted in the FFX forum. But it did not include Tifa. Ironically enough, it was started by the same person. I shall not name names, but her name had an R, a Y, and an E in them. That's right. It was all Rye's fault.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=81238

Yuffie514
03-30-2006, 03:10 AM
i hate none of them, but going on favorites - Tifa isn't much of one.

Darth Cid
03-30-2006, 04:44 AM
Zidane: Just play a Final Fantasy without them, you'll see how well the story can be without their uneeded lines.

TheAbominatrix
03-30-2006, 05:09 AM
I've played every FF out there (save for the ones unreleased in America at present) and I think Tifa, Lulu, and Yuna are some of the best characters of the series. Although none are my very favorites, Tifa is an amazing character and a great fighter. She's kind, reliable, and sweet. She cares more for Cloud than for herself, and without her he never would have uncovered his past and come to terms with himself.

I fail to see how any of them (save for perhaps Lulu) is uneeded.

To me the posters anger over these three seems like a Mary Sue obsession with the men these three are associated with, rather than a problem with the characters themselves.

Darth Cid
03-30-2006, 05:14 AM
Zidane: We were asked in this thread if we hate Yuna, Lulu, and Tifa, and we do. nuff' said.

TheAbominatrix
03-30-2006, 05:17 AM
I never said you couldnt hate them. That's fine. I just dont see how they're 'uneeded', as Yuna and Tifa especially are extremely important to the plots of their games. Saying they're 'uneeded' just sounds like mindless bashing to me.

Darth Cid
03-30-2006, 05:20 AM
Zidane: Yuna's voice was uneeded, I muted out the voices on FFX because of her early William Shatner-eqse tone of voice. I also found Tifa useless, I'm not sure why, I guess it's because I didn't care for her and Aerith but between them I think Cloud would have been better off with Aerith(providing she would have lived)

TheAbominatrix
03-30-2006, 05:23 AM
You said 'their' uneeded lines, so I assumed you meant all three. The clearer way to say it would be the uneeded voice acting, really. The lines themselves are a huge part of the plot, the voices arent really.

Darth Cid
03-30-2006, 05:29 AM
Zidane: Not really, Auron's and Tidus' lines seemed to have the only impact on FFX, likewise Cloud's and Sephiroth's lines seemed to have the only impact on FFVII, IHMO.

TheAbominatrix
03-30-2006, 05:33 AM
That really makes no sense.

Yuna, Lulu, and Tifa notwithstanding, there are SO many characters in all those games that have lines important to the story. The story is revealed through everyone, not just those two from each game. The games wouldnt be what they were without the lines from the entire cast of characters. We'd have no idea what was going on without these other characters.

That's like saying that we'd only need Zidane and Kuja were the only ones who said anything important in all of IX. It just doesnt fly.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I think you're letter character bias impact a bit of common sense.

Darth Cid
03-30-2006, 05:41 AM
Zidane: I can't believe,you think I'm serious, higher myself to what to your standard is, MOST of Tifa's, Yuna's, and Lulu's lines were uneeded, a few meant something to the story, but most of it was flirting(Tifa), PMSin'(Lulu), and William Shatner(Yuna). Tidus and Auron made the impact and Cloud and Sephiroth made the MOST impact, most other character gave something more than flirts, PMSin', and William Shatner, and to say Zidane and Kuja made FFIX is absurd...Zidane and Garnet made FFIX! And I know what you're going to do next, try me.

Rengori
03-30-2006, 05:56 AM
Tifa is hot. Yuna is cute. Lula is a bad ass.

They are AWESOME! :)
High five dude with animated sprite Sephiroth avi!

Sanji
03-30-2006, 08:52 AM
VEREDICT:Yuna-guilty SENTENCE : DEATH!!!!!!

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
03-30-2006, 07:51 PM
you are right Zidane and Garnet they were useless, and Im the one who started that forum about Yuna being a hooker because she is one, and it got closed darn them

Darth Cid
03-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Zidane: They shouldn't close this one, because that would be a wrongful closing, if people agree these three characters aren't good, this thread should remain open for people to discuss the hatred.

~SapphireStar~
03-30-2006, 09:20 PM
None of them are my favorites and I never really liked Tifa, but in no way do I hate them.
Well, Yuna was my fav heroine in FFX, FFX2 put me off ...

Darth Cid
03-30-2006, 09:25 PM
Zidane: Most sequels aren't usually as good as the original but Square tried with X-2 I guess, the personality changes were a turn off to me. Especially Yuna's personality change.

TheAbominatrix
03-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Ah, so its one of those mindless sorts of hatred/jealousy, where you ignore all sorts of logic and what the characters are actually like. Now its cleared up for me, thanks.

Darth Cid
03-30-2006, 11:22 PM
Zidane: I don't see how it's mindless, and what's there to be jealous of, I believe the characters in topic are overrated, and I really didn't see much of a development in any their personalities except Lulu in FFX-2, and became a bit more kind, getting in tune with the fact, she was becoming a mother. Yuna's change made no sense, why would she throw away her old look, it was the look of a lady and it demanded respect, but she changed it something that only encourages "fan" art. :mad:

Rengori
03-30-2006, 11:45 PM
Yuna didn't have to worry about dying for the sake of the planet. That'd be something to be cheery about. And maybe it's warm in Spira. Maybe it's the kind of climate that encourages shorter outfits.

TheAbominatrix
03-31-2006, 03:05 AM
Zidane: I don't see how it's mindless, and what's there to be jealous of, I believe the characters in topic are overrated, and I really didn't see much of a development in any their personalities except Lulu in FFX-2, and became a bit more kind, getting in tune with the fact, she was becoming a mother. Yuna's change made no sense, why would she throw away her old look, it was the look of a lady and it demanded respect, but she changed it something that only encourages "fan" art. :mad:

I wasnt refering to you.

Sanji
04-06-2006, 09:43 AM
die Yuna!!! DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!! :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: WAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA... the best part of FFX2 was when Yuna is dreaming and she died along with Tidus.... XD weeeeeeeeeeee.... square should really think about another sequel about Yuna's extermination... (no... wait... this means that I have to see her face again... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO xD)

Druggelz
04-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Have to agree with Behold, in regards to Lulu and Tifa. Yuna.. I dunno. I really couldn't get into her in FFX, due to her being a very depressing character with no real resolution.. Then, she was abhorrently annoying in FFX-2. *shrugs* Overall, her character has suffered some really bad writing.

agreed (also about the Behold-part :-) )

Yuna is really a sad character......I don't like her at all

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
04-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Sanji YAY somebody hates Yuna as much as me
DIE YUNA:mad2: :mad: :hot: :radred: :shoot: :shoot: :yuck: :radred: :nonono: :mad2:

Reeno the Alchemist
04-09-2006, 08:02 PM
i wish they would all die so i can have wakka all to my self and lumpy can have tidus

audsley
04-10-2006, 04:49 AM
Zidane: Just play a Final Fantasy without them, you'll see how well the story can be without their uneeded lines.

you're horrible

Darth Cid
04-10-2006, 06:03 AM

you're horrible

Zidane: That's correct, to you, my opinion is horrible. To those who agree with RYg, Garnie and me, my opinion is wonderful.

cloud_doll
04-12-2006, 03:31 AM
OMG! I luv tifa she's the coolest!
but i dont really like yuna that much...she picked an ugly guy...sorry to all you fans out there of tidus....but i like her eyes:greenie:
lulu is weird....

Sanji
04-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Sanji YAY somebody hates Yuna as much as me
DIE YUNA:mad2: :mad: :hot: :radred: :shoot: :shoot: :yuck: :radred: :nonono: :mad2:

yay... lets kill her... MUAHAGHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Heartless Soul
04-18-2006, 08:36 PM
This thread reeks of obsessive fanboys. Well, I generally like female leads in FF games. I liked all the girls from X. I liked Yuna a lot more in X-2. I'm gay and have little of girly persona (if that's a world) inside me, which is why I enjoyed X-2. Overly-masculine boys will hate it.

Yeah, Lulu rocks and Rikku is not annoying for hyperactive character. Tifa is nice too.

Vincentsinnerdemon
04-19-2006, 12:33 AM
and William Shatner(Yuna).

Now that made me laugh.

Ballistix Man
04-19-2006, 03:53 AM
Is it just me or was this thread started over some kind of Charachter worship.

I Took the Red Pill
04-19-2006, 05:45 AM
Lulu's the coolest, the other 2 I am indifferent to.

Rikku is worse than any of the 3, in my opinion anyways.

Fantasy Fan
04-19-2006, 05:30 PM

all Tifa is is, BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG BOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS.

Lulu creeps me out. But she's good in battle.

as for Yuna, Yuna's okay.

SuperMillionaire
04-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Tifa is THE coolest FF girl ever! I don't know why they didn't put her in Kingdom Hearts 1.

PontiusPilate
05-10-2006, 01:28 AM
I couldnt agree with you anymore. Actually I was ok with tifa. wasnt my favorite, but i didnt mind her. I will now begin my rant about FF X characters. I used to hate rikku but i think im semi ok with her in X, not X-2

Lulu- HAD NO PERSONALITY. and then the pathetic thing is square tried to cover that up by saying she was "Mature" or whatever.

Yuna- Yuna has little personality, but the little she has is all low self esteem and feeling bad about herself. The "low-self esteem thing" got really boring and reptetive. ( shes EMO )

Kamahri- No one cares about Kahmahri makes everyone forgets he ever existed because he was just so goddamn boring. He played the quiet body guard (aka no personality)

Ya Boy Alex
05-10-2006, 01:39 AM
Why is it that people can't like a charachter because in there sad diluted mind they find the charachter hot and feel he/she should be single so they can have a nice sex dream without that charachter's significant other interrupting? Whatever I can respect reasons such as this charaachter was rather bland with a lack of improvement or such but reason's like those make me want to wonder why I even play these games knowing the type of fans that come with it.

PontiusPilate
05-10-2006, 01:46 AM
Why is it that people can't like a charachter because in there sad diluted mind they find the charachter hot and feel he/she should be single so they can have a nice sex dream without that charachter's significant other interrupting? Whatever I can respect reasons such as this charaachter was rather bland with a lack of improvement or such but reason's like those make me want to wonder why I even play these games knowing the type of fans that come with it.

I agree. Their effing videogame characters for christ sake.