PDA

View Full Version : Should they make another FF7 movie?

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-29-2006, 03:29 AM
People that I have talked to that really enjoyed Advent Children said that they would like to see another Final Fantasy 7 movie made. Do any of you think that they should make another FF7 movie and what do you think would be cool to see in it.

Zeromus_X
03-29-2006, 03:36 AM
*Should be in the AC or FFVII forum? :confused: :cat: *?

Simple answer: no. No. Just no. :cat:

Kadaj of SHM
03-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Well i wouldnt mind another FF 7 movie because i cant get enough of it. FF 7 was the first FF i played on the PS 1.

Truthfully speaking though i thought FF 8 was much better game. I enjoyed 7 but thought 8 was better to be honest. So really i would like to see FF 8 the movie. I wonder if Square Enix will tackle the task of making FF 8. But some how i dont think so. I can only imagine what it will be like.

But yeah if there would be another FF 7 movie i say bring it on, to say what i would like to see in the movie. Well i cant really say as i cant think of anything at this very moment.

But Please if anyone from Square Enix is reading, please make FF 8 the movie, it will be out of this world. Cheers!!:moomba:

Alex7
03-29-2006, 01:20 PM
Well i wouldnt mind another FF 7 movie because i cant get enough of it. FF 7 was the first FF i played on the PS 1.

Truthfully speaking though i thought FF 8 was much better game. I enjoyed 7 but thought 8 was better to be honest. So really i would like to see FF 8 the movie. I wonder if Square Enix will tackle the task of making FF 8. But some how i dont think so. I can only imagine what it will be like.

But yeah if there would be another FF 7 movie i say bring it on, to say what i would like to see in the movie. Well i cant really say as i cant think of anything at this very moment.

But Please if anyone from Square Enix is reading, please make FF 8 the movie, it will be out of this world. Cheers!!:moomba:
u r completly right!!!:D i agree with him :choc2:

Kadaj of SHM
03-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Thanka Alex7. Heres me thinking that i was the only one who thinks they should make FF 8 the movie.

Quick question Alex. Who is that girl next to Tidus, in your sig. I never got to play all of FF 10. Is she from the game or just a made up character?? Thanks again.:)

Masamunemaster
03-30-2006, 01:49 PM
hellz yeah

tifastrife
03-30-2006, 01:58 PM
okay u guys have went way off topic but any way i think in a way yes and in a way no because the only reason they made ffac was because they want to tie up a few loose ends from the game but if they made another movie it woodint make much sense unless they made up a completely diffrent story like a diffrent bad guy and soo on... because they cant make sephiroth be the bad guy again because thats twice he has died and it wood just be showing you the same things over and over again:) and i wood hate it if they made a ff8 movie i thought the game was soo boring and i hated they way u battled but my fav of all is ff7 & ff9 defenatly there both awsome!!

DudeSon2004
03-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Wouldn't mind as I love FF7.
I'd like to see more FF movies if possible.
How about a movie version of the FF7 game?
Well, I'd rather see a remake of the game but it's just an idea.

tifastrife
03-30-2006, 07:32 PM
yeah yeah that wood be soo awsome if they made a movie of the ff7 game that wot i thought ac was a first when i saw the trailor for the first time but then i seen kadaj and everybody and i was like i dont remember them in the game:p but i wood also prefer if they made a remake of the game first:D

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-31-2006, 03:43 AM
Final Fantasy 8 was so much better than Final Fantasy 9. FF8 was just about as good as FF7. Final Fantasy 9 sucked and it had a weak storyline. :choc2:

Son of Jenova
03-31-2006, 03:54 AM
hellz yeah

PSP, hellz yeah!

a nirvana fan
03-31-2006, 07:57 AM
No.

BrokenWingzStillFly
03-31-2006, 09:05 PM
First of all i don't think they should make another Final Fantasy 7 movie because it would just extend the storyline further. It's already quite tedious.
And second i like FF7 and FF8 but not FF9.
And third FF8 already has closure. it would be compleatly random and have very little to do with the orginal plot.

STDemon
03-31-2006, 09:31 PM
okay u guys have went way off topic but any way i think in a way yes and in a way no because the only reason they made ffac was because they want to tie up a few loose ends from the game but if they made another movie it woodint make much sense unless they made up a completely diffrent story like a diffrent bad guy and soo on... because they cant make sephiroth be the bad guy again because thats twice he has died and it wood just be showing you the same things over and over again:) and i wood hate it if they made a ff8 movie i thought the game was soo boring and i hated they way u battled but my fav of all is ff7 & ff9 defenatly there both awsome!!

agreed

Miriel
03-31-2006, 09:39 PM
Please god, no.

Squeenix seems to be following in Disney's ridiculous footsteps by creating mediocre sequels that can't even begin to satisfy fans the way the original did. They should have stopped while they were ahead, and by that I mean they shouldn't have made any sequels at all.

'eMeRaLdFaYe'
04-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Nooo.. no!! They don't need to make another FF7 movie..Advent Children was already okay on its own, that's that! .. it might ruin a concept... well, maybe not, but it really depends, you know? I don't mind another movie from Square, but a movie from another game would be really really nice.

By the way, ff9 isn't a boring game, I like it as much as I like ff8 and ff7, but hey, we all have are own opinions! :D

Ballistix Man
04-02-2006, 01:05 AM
as far as I know they arent making another movie but they are mking another mobile game

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-02-2006, 05:31 AM
[QUOTE='eMeRaLdFaYe You just need to appreciate its difference from the other games[/QUOTE]

i do appreciate its differences, but the story line was so weak. it bored me to death. sorry but it does have ALOT of areas that could have been better at, and it was way too short. :choc2:

tifastrife
04-02-2006, 02:19 PM
ahno ahno guys we should just drop this it has niothing to do with the topic we should just stick to should there be another ff7 movie blah blah blah :p

-Clarke
04-04-2006, 03:19 AM
Hell yeah.

Setzer Gabianni
04-04-2006, 07:33 AM
Hell..no?

People saying it would be kewl/good/great, but there isn't anything to go on - it'd be more rubbish fanservice, and the story would be unexplained and crap.

~Setzer Gabianni

Ultimate Weapon
04-04-2006, 10:37 AM
No.

Yes.

Loony BoB
04-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Please do not post off topic. I just deleted a bunch of FF8/FF9 posts. This thread isn't about either of those games in any way. Make another thread if you want to discuss something else. Thanks! :)

And no. No, they should most certainly not make another FFVII movie.

Dark Paladin
04-04-2006, 01:28 PM
I think they should do another one because i wanna know how Aeris got ressurected (unless its in clouds imagination or something).

I wanna know.

Setzer Gabianni
04-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Umm..Aeris did NOT get resurrected, guess you could say it was her ghost. SE would never resurrect Aeris =)

~Setzer Gabianni

Ballistix Man
04-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Umm..Aeris did NOT get resurrected, guess you could say it was her ghost. SE would never resurrect Aeris =)

~Setzer Gabianni
SE would never not resurect Aeris either.

Setzer Gabianni
04-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Umm..prove it? XD She's dead, gone forever, she died for a reason, bringing her back would totally make FFVII useless. >.<;;

~Setzer Gabianni

Ballistix Man
04-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Square is never gonna say "Oh Aeris is dead. Gone. Forever. Cloud loves Tifa and Aeris's body is a bloated cadaver at the botom of a lake. Maybe someday she'll come back. Not" They will always encourage the idea if only to sell more copys.

Loony BoB
04-04-2006, 04:43 PM
The only reason they wouldn't say that is because they like to let people make their own conclusions, not because they intended on leaving it open for her revival. I vaguely remember, however, that they in fact have said that Aeris will never be revived, though... although I admit I'm not 100% sure. But they certainly do not encourage the idea.

Either way, she died for a reason and she is only alive in spirit beyond that.

Setzer Gabianni
04-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Square is never gonna say "Oh Aeris is dead. Gone. Forever. Cloud loves Tifa and Aeris's body is a bloated cadaver at the botom of a lake. Maybe someday she'll come back. Not" They will always encourage the idea if only to sell more copys.

Uh please..you cannot resurrect the dead - any true fan of FFVII would know that for Aeris to come back, the original game, and AC will have just been a waste of time..

~Setzer Gabianni

Masamunemaster
04-04-2006, 05:59 PM
even I, who would like to see aeris alive again, thinks that everything would be destroyed

Dark Paladin
04-11-2006, 11:12 AM
Its FANTASY. Sure they can bring her back

Setzer Gabianni
04-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Its FANTASY. Sure they can bring her back

If SE knew better, they wouldn't

~Setzer Gabianni

PontiusPilate
04-28-2006, 02:24 AM
No.

They did a mediocre job with the story in the last movie i dont want see them kill it anymore

darkchrono
04-28-2006, 06:01 AM
No Square should absolutely not make another final fantasy movie. And why is this? Because while Square is a great video game making company they are a poor film making company. You can tell by watching Spirits Within and now Advent Children that Square just does not know how to make movies.

Making stories for movies is an entirely different concept than making stories for video games is and it really shows how inexperienced Square is in making stories for film when you try to watch a movie made by them.

It really kind of surprises me that Square would take their flagship game and do something with it that they are not very good at. I would think that if Square wanted to do FF7 justice they would want to do something with it that they are pros at doing (which is making video games).

Advent Children did absolutely nothing to expand upon the FF7 world. It either just kept things exactly where they were before and probably hurt the original game a bit in some people's eyes.

Square should retire from the movie making business.

LunarWeaver
04-28-2006, 06:46 AM
I would do questionable things to get another movie sequel :D

And boo to Aeris being ressurrected ever... Not that being dead has kept her from doing whatever she wants anyway. Power of being an Ancient and overall Sex Machine right there.

lady yunalesca
04-30-2006, 10:07 AM
i would love to see another movie!!! They have such a involved story line between the two that they could probably just delve deeper into whats been set up already! thats what i would like to see! :)

SiberianKiss
05-03-2006, 08:11 AM
Advent Children was enough for me. I'm satisfied. And I completely agree with some of the other members : Squenix isn't very good at making films. Sure, the ones they've made are simply GORGEOUS. But their sense of storytelling is far too grandiose for one 2 hour film. Advent Children was incredibly enjoyable for me, but not without it's flaws.

As for it hurting the original game.....please. The original game is almost ten years old. How can anything hurt something that's already finished? If you don't like AC or the other games or whatever, just ignore them. It's not like the storyline from AC can come to life, stomp through your home and piss all over your copy of FFVII. I enjoyed AC, but I don't consider it a part of the story. The game was it for me. Everything else is just pure spin off in my eyes.