PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else beat Ruby and Emerald WITHOUT knights of the round

Desert Wolf
03-29-2006, 04:01 PM
I did without using Knights of the Round.:) Emerald was simple but Ruby took me an hour and a half. Ill even post up what materia and armour I had equiped if anyone really wants to try it too.

Shoden
03-29-2006, 04:03 PM
I wizzed through Ruby in 15 minutes and Emerald in 18 out of the 20 mins timer.

Desert Wolf
03-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Without Knights of the Round?

Shoden
03-29-2006, 04:09 PM
my KOTR was at lv 2 at the time I beat Emerald, I had W summon but not mime, I had a mastered Bahamut Zero though.

Desert Wolf
03-29-2006, 04:11 PM
*sigh* Read the topic title again. A yes or no answer.

Lost Number
03-29-2006, 04:35 PM
Yep. Esay. Then without underwater, which was harder.

a nirvana fan
03-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Without Knights of the Round?

Yes Knights of the Round Table, its thee best summon you can gain of FFVII. It deals extreme damage using a number of Knights.

And yeah I beat it without KOTR

Desert Wolf
03-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Least I got a straight answer. How did you beat Ruby?

cloud_doll
03-29-2006, 10:10 PM
hell i cant even beat it with KOTR. I'd be happy if someone told me to beat it with anything or everything

Stayin Dizzy
03-29-2006, 11:01 PM
hell i cant even beat it with KOTR. I'd be happy if someone told me to beat it with anything or everything

Super easy really. for both of them. I'd type it all out for you but I just got home from work and I'm tired. See gamefaqs.com I can bet money they have something about it...

xtreme112
03-29-2006, 11:14 PM
I never beat either of them...mind you i was still in primary school when i was playing through that game.

Tavrobel
03-30-2006, 12:26 AM
I beat Ruby by nuking Ultima over and over with Quadra magic, HP and MP absorb. Had to have Pheonix ready also with Final attack. I used KOTR once on Emerald, but it did like, not even 10k. Didn't use Underwater materia, so I usually died when the timer went out. Omnislash + Highwind + 9999 because of Vincent's insane kills == love.

I don't rememeber what else I had equipped, however.

Zeromus_X
03-30-2006, 12:26 AM
I beat Emerald without it, though he's pretty easy. I still have a problem with Ruby though...

I just use Cloud's Omnislash, and let Emmy hit me. (He usually does...) I know he just loves Counter/Mime X 4 :p

Ultima Shadow
03-30-2006, 06:50 AM
I beat both without materia.

Sephex
03-30-2006, 06:57 AM
I believe so. It's not that hard.

Desert Wolf
03-30-2006, 03:52 PM
I beat Ruby by nuking Ultima over and over with Quadra magic, HP and MP absorb. Had to have Pheonix ready also with Final attack. I used KOTR once on Emerald, but it did like, not even 10k. Didn't use Underwater materia, so I usually died when the timer went out. Omnislash + Highwind + 9999 because of Vincent's insane kills == love.

I don't rememeber what else I had equipped, however.

Ultima does hardly any damage to Ruby so it muct have been a pretty long battle. Like a few days long. As for KOTR not doing much damage, play the game again please.

I beat both without materia.

Then please explain how you beat Ruby without Pheonix or Hades.

VorpalCyberWolf
03-30-2006, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I've done it, not so hard.

Emerald, I just had a mastered HP Plus on each character and Mastered Enemy Skill. When Em uses Air Tai Storm, Lucky 7s all around if I keep the HP up with the Enemy Skills and Items.

Ruby, I just used my limit breaks to the best of my abilities, keeping it pinned with one player dead.

Tavrobel
03-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Ultima does hardly any damage to Ruby so it muct have been a pretty long battle. Like a few days long. As for KOTR not doing much damage, play the game again please.

Yes, it was long, but my magic was through the roof on Cloud, so I wound up doing 5k everytime, and getting my MP and HP back to where it previously was. And yes, KOTR doesn't have to do alot of damage. just because it hits 13 times, doesn't mean it'll do alot of damage each time. 2k * 13 is 26000. I SINCERELY apologize for saying 10k, when it CLEARLY made no difference.
So, how many times would I have to nuke that to diminish all of the Weapon's HP? AND I could not use it endlessly, because it only had 2 levels of mastery on it. (I really should've let Cloud use KOTR instead of Cid...)
So don't tell me what to do, "play the game again", you say, when I have clearly played it once through. Just because YOUR KOTR can do 9999 * 13, does mean mine could at that point in the game.

Desert Wolf
03-30-2006, 10:17 PM
KOTR does a lot more than 2k each attack. No mine didnt do 9999 so I dont know where you got that from or how you would know in the first place. If Cloud could do 5k with Ultima then Cid should be doing at least a decent amount with all his materia anyways even if you didnt use him much, you the way the characters level up when you dont use them? I would have got KOTR at around lv.60 and it still did like 6000-7000 damage a hit. Id like to know what level you were on "at that point in the game". Finally wouldnt using KOTR once do more damage and take less MP than using Ultima when it does 5000 and KOTR does 26000?

Tavrobel
03-30-2006, 11:33 PM
KOTR does a lot more than 2k each attack. No mine didnt do 9999 so I dont know where you got that from or how you would know in the first place. If Cloud could do 5k with Ultima then Cid should be doing at least a decent amount with all his materia anyways even if you didnt use him much, you the way the characters level up when you dont use them? I would have got KOTR at around lv.60 and it still did like 6000-7000 damage a hit. Id like to know what level you were on "at that point in the game". Finally wouldnt using KOTR once do more damage and take less MP than using Ultima when it does 5000 and KOTR does 26000?

I didn't say anything about MP cost. I had boosted Cloud's magic stats with Magic Boosters (or whatever they are called that increased his stats), and loaded him with Magic. All Cid had was KOTR, and I was around level 45. Using Quadra Magic doesn't consume anymore MP than a normal cast, it is simply weaker, not sure about Quadras on a summon, I always assumed that Quadra didn't work with summons.

Don't criticize me for being a newb and not spreading around the magicfor all characters, and using the Magic Boosters on Cloud only. I was 12 when I played this. And being 12 is more newb than a 5 year old.

Zeromus_X
03-31-2006, 01:12 AM
Quadra Magic won't work with KOR, at any rate.

Yeah, if the user's at a low level and has a sucky magic stat (or whatever determines it's power) KOR won't be that powerful. (Mine only did about 7,000 when I first got it. :cat: )