PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used the 9999 JP trick?

Crossblades
03-29-2006, 09:23 PM
I used it on my first playthrough(I'm a cheater I know:p ) For those that don't know it, here's how it works.

1. enter the formation screen and select a job that has a list of abilities that you can scroll up or down. make sure you have enough JP to learn an ability.

2. select the ability. it will ask wether or not you want to learn the ability. DO NOT CHOOSE YES YET!!!

3. While still in the process of purchasing the ability, hold the square button, and press up or down. what's this? it seems like the cursor is pointing to a different ability! If it is pointing to an ability that you can't learn yet, or one that you've already learned, choose yes. 3 different things may happen. a: you will lose a little JP. b: you will gain a little JP. c: your JP will go to zero.
ignore JP loss or JP Gain, but if it goes to Zero, exit the screen, and re enter it. you will have 9999 JP for that job!! this doesn't work for some jobs, because they only have one page of action abilities.

Also keep in mind that this cheat works for every job except, Squire, Knight, Thief, Archer, Monk, Bard/Dancer and Calculator.

Vyk
03-29-2006, 09:55 PM
Wow, that might actually make FFT fun.. I'll have to try that someday

Zeromus_X
03-30-2006, 12:31 AM
I know I've used it ;)

BG-57
03-30-2006, 01:41 AM
I haven't used that cheat but I have used the item duplication cheat, after the first playthrough of course. :D

Despotus
03-30-2006, 03:57 AM
:eek: Et Tu BG? :cry: Ya buncha flibbity-flappity-sassafrassin'-riddirummin' cheetahs. :D Never have, never will. It's too easy. And it keeps you from spending time thinking about how to squeeze Jp out of every possible action you take.

feioncastor
03-30-2006, 04:44 AM
:eek: Et Tu BG? :cry: Ya buncha flibbity-flappity-sassafrassin'-riddirummin' cheetahs. :D Never have, never will. It's too easy. And it keeps you from spending time thinking about how to squeeze Jp out of every possible action you take.
I agree.

When I'm leveling, everyone has accumulate, knowhatimean?

But I didn't even know about the 9999 JP trick until I read this thread.

I did it and it sucks, and here's why. You dont' gain job levels. You'll have 9K JP and still be a level 2 Chemist.

VorpalCyberWolf
03-30-2006, 05:01 AM
Heh heh I only tried doing both the dupe and 9999 cheats... but I did it to test and see if they worked around when they first began being publicized. Oterwise I never use them, especially in my recent files.

Despotus
03-30-2006, 05:40 AM
Good Feioncastor:angel: , good Bad Karma:angel: , :cookie: Cookies and kisses:kiss: for not allowing yourselves to be corrupted by these naughty, naughty people :nonono:

And Feion, I agree that low job level thingy would look pretty bad right next to the word *Master!

This cheat is only for guys (like Vyk) who have *shocked* found this game bo-b-bo-b, God I can't even say it, Boring; and want to speed through it for the excellent storyline only. :rolleyes2 :screwy:

Zeromus_X
03-30-2006, 06:06 AM
This cheat is only for guys (like Vyk) who have *shocked* found this game bo-b-bo-b, God I can't even say it, Boring; and want to speed through it for the excellent storyline only. :rolleyes2 :screwy:

I don't think the game is boring. I'm just cheap :) :cat:

Despotus
03-30-2006, 07:15 AM

I don't think the game is boring. I'm just cheap :) :cat:
I'm sorry, Zeromus_X, I wasn't saying all of you who have used the 9999jp cheat find the game boring. I'm sure there's something to be said for being cheap (or even too lazy to be bothered leveling up? ;) ), but I think guys like Vyk would get the most benefit from it. Apologies.

I know I would have loved to have had all of the Summons ('cept Zodiac) in Chapter 1, and a Lancer who could cover 8X8 squares of topography! But, I feel it was more personally satisfying to have done it the hard way. :meditate:

Notice for anybody who wants to try this trick:

Take heed of what feioncastor pointed out. You will not gain job levels for the "stolen" jp. That might not seem like a big deal, right? But unless you've attained 3rd, 4th, or even 8th level (for Chemist) before you start cheating, some classes might not become available to you! :eek: (I would think, logically. As you know, I've never actually tested this out.) Ye've been warned, ye pirates.:skull:

Shotgunnova
03-30-2006, 02:26 PM
If I used the JP Scroll trick, I'd find the game boring since it's action-oriented and learning the abilities is one of the main treats I get out of playing. Call it a trick, glitch exploitation, bug... I ain't going to use it. Like to think it's gaming integrity, but in reality, I wouldn't want to tarnish the fun I have in my favorite game.

Zeromus_X
03-31-2006, 01:39 AM
No offence taken, Despotus. :cat:

Now, if only Calculator could have enough abilities to glitch (*evil laughter*)

Tempest
03-31-2006, 01:57 AM
I did it once, just to try it out. Never did it after that.

Cloud#1
04-01-2006, 01:00 AM
I tryed it and it worked

but it didnt work on my samuri and ninja

Dignified Pauper
04-01-2006, 01:14 AM
certain classes won't be allowed to use it. Ones that can't be scrolled down on.

I use this every now and then. It's helpful late in the game with new characters.

Ramza Beoulve
04-01-2006, 05:06 AM
What, a 9999 jp trick? that could have worked 5 years ago, but not now, I like my old-style team :D

feioncastor
04-01-2006, 08:09 AM
I know I would have loved to have had all of the Summons ('cept Zodiac) in Chapter 1, and a Lancer who could cover 8X8 squares of topography! But, I feel it was more personally satisfying to have done it the hard way.

Heh, I've accomplished this feat, and I didn't know about this 9999 JP trick until yesterday!

I've done this by PL'ing like mad on Mandalia plains or Sweegy Woods. I've gone into Dorter Trade City with a mastered: Monk, Wizard, Chemist, Knight (who was useless next to the others) and Archer.

Just by legit PL'ing.

Oh, don't get me wrong, though. The game is horribly boring if you do it that way. I only did it a few times in an effort achieve that mastered save file. Even Velius is easy if you're 95 when you fight him.

For first timers, I strongly, strongly, strongly, strongly suggest just doing things legit. Maybe do a few random battles, in between major battles. And when you do, make them count! Every turn, have someone earn a few JP, even if it means using "Throw Stone" on a member of your own party, just so they get some exp and JP.

Also, Gil Taking is a lot more valuble than it seems. When used over and over again, at the beginning of the game, it can be infinitely valuble in obtaining money to buy the new equip that you usually won't have enough for. Seriously, do one random battle where you take your time and don't kill the enemies too rapidly, and have your Theif use Gil Taking every chance you can, and it will show after the fight. That's something I've learned.

Plus, if you have "Yell", use that on your thief. It helps heaps.

Kuroshima
04-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Bad subject very bad subject...... It sounds like it's easier to do the trick but you don't get the fun of actually playing and mastering everything....

dodhungry
04-21-2006, 04:36 AM
I used gameshark :rolleyes2 on my very first file and I had a 9999 jp trick. I did not realize until the ps2 came out, (which my gameshark did not work on) how difficult the game was without it.

So of course now I enjoy the game sooo much more w/o the shark than before. Also, my characters seem to be hundreads of times stronger w/0 cheating.

Zeromus_X
04-21-2006, 04:37 AM
Bad subject very bad subject...... It sounds like it's easier to do the trick but you don't get the fun of actually playing and mastering everything....
Yeah, and a level 2 Time Mage with every ability learned is just funky.

Kuroshima
04-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Yeah, and a level 2 Time Mage with every ability learned is just funky.

Very.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
04-22-2006, 09:35 AM
never knew about the trick the 1st time through.

now i only use it when im too lazy to lvl.

but most of the time im playing FFT to challange myself now so i dont use it at all.

six underground
05-03-2006, 05:05 AM
I've used it for items, because I can't stand being a chemist. :)

PontiusPilate
05-06-2006, 10:59 PM
I know u dont initially gain any levels when u use the trick, but can u still gain them after uve used to JP trick?

Crossblades
05-08-2006, 09:51 PM
I know u dont initially gain any levels when u use the trick, but can u still gain them after uve used to JP trick?

Yes you can

RedCydranth
05-09-2006, 07:35 PM
I only did it to see if it was true, its is. I promply reset because I felt guilty though, lol