PDA

View Full Version : KILL ME & DO IT NOW!!!!

~SapphireStar~
03-29-2006, 09:55 PM
Ok that was a little drastic, but Im going mad at the mo ... I cant breath out my nose:( Its blocked up mega bad and I cant blow my nose cause it hurts when I do so and gives me a headache:mad: So I cant win:mad2:

So, your mission should you chose to accept it:

Suggestions for getting rid of blocked up noses ... and remember I CANT BLOW MY NOSE!

This thread will most probably close in 30 seconds ...

(And Im being serious, suggestions please!)

Anaisa
03-29-2006, 09:56 PM
Put ice on your nose.

Ballistix Man
03-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Put your nose in hot water

agrudis
03-29-2006, 09:58 PM
Well, it's made at least 2 minutes. Probably see a doctor. I know this sounds stupid mcoming from the guy who refuses to seek medical help even when I need it, but it's all I can say. And the rabbit in your sig freaks me out.

~SapphireStar~
03-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Sadly I have no ice (and Im freezing), so Im trying the hot water tip. If it doesnt work at least my nose will be the warmest part of my body :D

Agent Proto
03-29-2006, 10:02 PM
Have you tried picking your nose? :confused:

Doomie
03-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Eat hot peppers.

Master Quan
03-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Is it running?

~SapphireStar~
03-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Tried picking my nose (yeah I know gross), nothing but snot. And its refusing to run. I leaned forward in case it would run, but nothing. I hate having to drink and breath through my mouth at the same time. Makes my ears go funny :( Im not a well person.

Anaisa
03-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Proto, you really shouldn't be encouraging such things. There could be kids around here. There are more than enough disgusting nose excavater kids, without you encouraging more of them.

Shoden
03-29-2006, 10:07 PM
suck all the snot in and prepare for a huge loogie, it's my way of getting rid of blocked noses when there is no tissues avalible.

Agent Proto
03-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Proto, you really shouldn't be encouraging such things. There could be kids around here. There are more than enough disgusting nose excavater kids, without you encouraging more of them.

There's nothing wrong with picking your nose. Just as long as you don't eat what you discovered. :D

-N-
03-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Proto, you're making this place fall to shambles. Please stop. :randomsmiley:

Master Quan
03-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Eat hot peppers.

Actually yeah, do that.

Agent Proto
03-29-2006, 10:14 PM

ARE YOU SERIOUS? :confused:

Lychon
03-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Ummm...anyone here ever heard of ****ing decongestive pills, like Sudafed? For Christ's sake...lol

-LYCHON

Miriel
03-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Vicks VapoRub works wonderfully with stuffed noses.

Stayin Dizzy
03-29-2006, 10:32 PM
From CNN.com

Stuffy nose: When nasal passages close up

A stuffy nose is less messy than a runny nose, but it's equally frustrating. Some common causes of a stuffy nose include:

* Virus. Your nose can become stuffy if you have a cold or the flu. Often, other signs and symptoms — such as a cough, sore throat or fever — accompany a stuffy nose caused by a virus.
* Allergies. Your stuffy nose might result from exposure to things you're allergic to, such as dust, pollen or pet dander. In response to these exposures, your nasal passages become irritated and swollen (allergic rhinitis).
* Nonallergic inflammation of your nasal blood vessels (vasomotor rhinitis). Your nose can become stuffy in response to the blood vessels in your nose expanding. This can happen with vigorous exercise or in response to environmental triggers, such as cigarette smoke or air conditioning. Stress may trigger vasomotor rhinitis for some people.

Less commonly, a stuffy nose may result from a deformity in the cartilage and bony partition separating your two nasal chambers (nasal septum) — for instance, from a broken nose years ago — or a growth in your nasal passage, such as a nasal polyp.

Relief for your stuffy nose
Besides blowing your nose, try these tips to relieve your stuffy nose:

* Breathe in the steam from a warm shower to help loosen the mucus. You can also inhale steam from a kettle or pot of boiling water. You may have to keep at this for at least 10 minutes for the steam to be effective.
* Drink plenty of liquids, such as water, juice or tea. Avoid caffeinated beverages, which can cause dehydration and aggravate your symptoms.
* Use an over-the-counter nasal saline spray to thin your mucus and get rid of irritants, or prepare your own saltwater solution (nasal lavage).
* Try an oral decongestant, preferably in liquid or pill form. A decongestant spray may be helpful, but should not be used for more than three days, as it can cause rebound stuffiness and can be irritating for some people. All decongestants (oral or topical) can cause a stimulant effect and raise blood pressure for some people.

Epiphany
03-29-2006, 10:33 PM
If'n you don't have the meds, try going into your bathroom and turning the shower on hot, and letting it run while you sit in there with the door closed. The steam should make your nose run so you can blow it.
Edit: Oh, alright then. Show me up by posting it in the long thing I didn't bother to read first. >:O

JackNapier
03-29-2006, 10:37 PM
Wow, this exact same thing happened to me awhile back. It stayed like that for about 2 weeks so be prepared for miserableness. I just waited until it cleared up. But I did tried Vicks Vapor Rub like Miriel said. And I think that might've helped speed up the process.

Xaven
03-29-2006, 10:39 PM
Throw a tin of Altoids (uber strong mints) in your mouth and chew, chew, chew!

xtreme112
03-29-2006, 10:41 PM
Ummm...anyone here ever heard of ****ing decongestive pill, like Sudafed? For Christ's sake...lol

-LYCHON

I was going to suggest claranaise (if thats how you spell it) but yeah they work

or just punch it and demand it to go normal

Anaisa
03-29-2006, 10:45 PM

There's nothing wrong with picking your nose. Just as long as you don't eat what you discovered. :D
YOU SHOULD NOT PUT BOGIES ON YOUR HANDS!
Proto, you're making this place fall to shambles. Please stop. :randomsmiley: He's right. If everyone here takes your advice, they'll start picking their bogies. An then they'll get bogies on their hands, an then on their keyboards, an then their hands will get stuck to their bogie ridden keyboards, an then they'll die.

JackNapier
03-29-2006, 10:51 PM
[/QUOTE] He's right. If everyone here takes your advice, they'll start picking their bogies. An then they'll get bogies on their hands, an then on their keyboards, an then their hands will get stuck to their bogie ridden keyboards, an then they'll die.[/QUOTE]
Proto will cause the doom of mankind.

Anaisa
03-29-2006, 10:54 PM
Proto will cause the doom of mankind.Proto is the bogie monster!

Agent Proto
03-29-2006, 10:54 PM
Yes... YES! *laughs maniacally*

Ki Ki
03-29-2006, 11:06 PM
Buy some nose spray thing. c:
Or take a clarityne! And don't blow your nose too much or you could get an ear infection!
The doctor told me so! :choc2:

-N-
03-29-2006, 11:09 PM

ARE YOU SERIOUS? :confused:Yes, although you alone have the power to fix the wrongs committed today. Awaken from your slumber, former staff, and rise to stand against the powers that seek to take away our sovereignty today.

And make me a sandwich while you're at it. I'm fscking hungry. BLT preferably.

Resha
03-30-2006, 02:30 PM
Sniff real hard?!

Old Manus
03-30-2006, 03:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/oldmanus/unblock.jpg

Shoden
03-30-2006, 08:39 PM
push on the roof of your mouth with your tounge, then press on the place between your 'brows, this somehow works.

Bowser
03-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Stand upside down.

~SapphireStar~
03-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Stand upside down.
... Anyhoo :) It appears Ive got a head cold, lovely! Start of my 3 week break and this happens. Thanks for those tips guys. Im heading down to my local Morrsions tommorow and getting a Vik vapour rub and the nazal stick or spray.

Vyk
03-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Sniff real hard?!
And then swallow. Tastes great...

You're as bad as Proto, Resha :P

Good luck ~SS~ I'll root for your nose to win the battle

Dreddz
03-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Eat wasabi .....

JackNapier
03-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Sniff wasabi.

anacacia
03-30-2006, 10:33 PM
YOU GOT AN ISSUE USE A TISSUE!

:D

Maybe you should just rest it off. Let it be.

Evastio
03-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Drink lots of water. (and hope it doesn't rush down to your bladder)

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
03-31-2006, 12:26 AM
Boil a kettle and pour the water in a big bowl and put your head over it with a towel over your head. Adding some menthol crystals helps.

The Captain
03-31-2006, 07:27 AM
I usually find that a shower does the trick, both for the nose and for headaches, though the Vick's rub can also work wonders.

Herbal tea also works, as it soothes the throat and can open up the nasal passages and this is coming from someone who doesn't like tea very much.

Feel better and take care all.

~SapphireStar~
03-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Good luck ~SS~ I'll root for your nose to win the battle
Thanks for that Vyk. My nana has told me to do the whole bowl of hot water, which I will do later when the house is empty :D
Thanks for all the advice guys, nice to know you care :D

boris no no
03-31-2006, 12:31 PM
Get sneezing powder

Morgoth_Bauglir
03-31-2006, 09:21 PM
did this really have to be placed in a thread?