PDA

View Full Version : People you'd use...

feioncastor
03-29-2006, 11:27 PM
Now, we all love Orlandu because the whole Demigod thing. But you get several other special chars over the course of the game. Which ones do you actually use?

I use Agrias, usually. Her skills are powerful, and have decent range, and cost no MP, and take no time to use. You get her toward the end of Chapter II, and her skills are quite useful at that point in the game. She's usually not still with me by the time I fight Jesus -- I mean, Altima, but I use her for a lot of major fights until I get someone better, like Orlandu. I've also been known to employ Mustadio because Seal Evil easily decommissions undeads effectively, and his Leg/Arm Aim are infinitely valuble, if used in the right situations.

Meliadoul, meh... I've used her once or twice, but I mostly like her sword.

Rafa and Malak are solid trash, in my book. I've seriously only tried using them a couple of times, but I was seriously disappointed, so I stopped wasting my time on them.

Beowulf is good, but by that point in the game, I had no room for him considering I had way more powerful generics, even with his cool special abilities.

Cloud was awful, in my opinion. You don't get him until way later, and he's level freaking 1. Of course, I mastered the Soldier job class so I could see his FF7 limit breaks, and they were cool and all, but I'd never bring Cloud into a battle because he'd actually help win the battle. There are so many other classes that I'd rather bring in than his.

I'm sure there are other special characters that I'm missing...

BG-57
03-30-2006, 01:54 AM
Worker 8. He's powerful, got good range attacks and is virtually maintenence-free. His self-damaging attacks rarely cause significant problems.

I actually use Rafa as my primary Mediator/Treasure Hunter, since her Brave is so naturally low. Of course you can lower the Brave of anybody, but she's ready to go with Move-Find. I dislike random attacks so I don't use her or Malak's primary skill set.

I agree about Agrias. She's always part of my attack team in Deep Dungeon and right on to the game's end.

Beowulf is almost as powerful as Orlandu and more flexible with his attacks. He's perfect for Deep Dungeon.

Meliadoul's lackluster primary skill set is offset with proper Math Skills. With Setiemson and Chaos Blade she's unstoppable.

I use Mustadio a lot in the first half of the game and very little in the second half. He's the best single choice against undead anytime though.

Byblos is too little, too late: my monster of choice in battle are Tiamats.

This hampers Reis' full usefulness since most of her non-attack skills are Dragon-related. Her Bracelets are nice of course.

VorpalCyberWolf
03-30-2006, 03:27 AM
I enjoy the use of Agrias and Mustadio for most of the game. I just love having female bad-ass knight characters because Chantage makes them all that more fun to use, specially Agrias.

I also like Worker 8 and Beowulf later on, their skills are always useful when just battling and taking people apart.

Cloud can be fun to use, but it takes a lot to get him there and is hardly worth it. Reis comes in handy too, but My generics are always my primary combatants.

Tempest
03-30-2006, 03:38 AM
I don't really use the special characters since I like to use regular class characters. Depending on the game I use:

I obviously use Orlandu for sheer power and Beowulf because his attacks are useful, especially in the Deep Dungeon.

Mustadio is someone I use occasionally, but more in the beginning, Agrias too.

Meliadoul I only use when I know I fight human enemies.

Rafa and Malak I don't use much at all along with the others.

I'll use Cloud for the fun of it, although leveling him up is a pain.

Despotus
03-30-2006, 03:49 AM
I don't really use the special characters since I like to use regular class characters.

I obviously use Beowulf because his attacks are useful, especially in the Deep Dungeon.

Mustadio is someone I use occasionally, but more in the beginning, Agrias too.

I agree with Kain's_girl on these points. Beowulf's skills are probably the most useful set of all, especially 'Chicken' (Ohhh baby! :love: ). Otherwise, I don't use any of the special skill sets after Chapter 3 unless I'm leveling them up for the sake of "mastery". As soon as they master their "squire" equivolent, I never go back to that class, but continue to use them as though they were "generics".

That said, I guess I like the female characters best (Agrias, Reis, Meliadoul, and Rafa) because they can equip Ribbons and Chantage. Ribbons and Chantage. Ribbons and Chantage. :love:

Shotgunnova
03-30-2006, 02:29 PM
I use Beowulf and Meliadoul primarily. Beowulf is, well, flat-out exceptional in his "squire" job, and I make Meliadoul carry her weight by changing her to a Priest with Equip Sword and moving her primary to the secondary. Since no one uses Mighty Sword for its damage, it fits right in nicely. Don't really place much stock in the other characters, though I do keep 'em around anyway. Always fun to do an all-female trek from NOGIAS to END.

MogThief
03-30-2006, 04:45 PM
I use everyone. If I didn't, I would be bored easily.

Ziekfried
03-31-2006, 02:48 AM
YO! I just don't like Reis and Beowulf for some reason but everyone else I use.

Crossblades
03-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Worker 8 and Reis were very useful in my party, especially if you teach Reis White Magic. Cloud was useful in some cases. Orlandu was a freakin powerhouse and made my fights easy(but I'm not complaining:) )I never used Beowulf, Meliadoul, Mustadio, Agrias, Rafa, and Malek. Plus, I have a separate team that consists of a Ninja, Monk, Black Mage, White Mage, Summoner/Time Mage, and Lancer.

purplepenguin
04-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Rafa was rubbish but her brother if you get rid of his "skills" and just give him a axe he's got a great attack.
Also I used Cloud, being one of those people is happy to sit for hours and level up my characters he goes up levels quite quickly

dodhungry
04-16-2006, 08:35 PM
hmm I use Beowulf, Reis, and Orlandu the most.

Beowulf with double chaos sword in his Temple Knight class is awsome :tonberry:

Then Reis, with the right equipment she is the best black mage.. Around 24 or so magic attack so a regular fire dose something like 200 damage.

Orlandu is self explanitory.

As for everyone else, Rafa for the deep dungeon. Malak, never really found a use for him.. I think he is still in the 30's..level wise. Agrias is good just not as usefull as Orlandu. I usually get rid of Meliadul after I get her. Cloud rarely use unless I am bored. Worker 8 is great if you use him right. His long range attack on a map with a mountian is perfect. Never used the special monster. I think that is everybody.

My favorite party is all generics though.

Kuroshima
04-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Hwne they gave the choose to have the "Special Charcters" I sayed yes but took their stuff and disbanned them the only one I did keep was cloud and I used him as a Ninja... Which I won't do again.

feioncastor
04-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Hwne they gave the choose to have the "Special Charcters" I sayed yes but took their stuff and disbanned them the only one I did keep was cloud and I used him as a Ninja... Which I won't do again.
Wow, I hope you at least tried using Orlandu. If you didn't, you need to play some FFT, and get Orlandu. That guy's power is legendary.

Kuroshima
04-19-2006, 12:12 AM
I did try him once and he got slaughtered I don't know how though he died against a Hydra.. I do agree with you he is powerful i just don't like using him.

Despotus
04-19-2006, 01:40 AM
That sounds like he got hit 2 or 3 times by Triple Flame. :( That'll kill anybody really quickly. Orlandu is best with Two Swords: an Excalibur and a Chaos Blade. :drool:

Nakor TheBlue Rider
04-21-2006, 03:28 PM
In no Specific Order.

Beowulf
Agrais
Cloud
Malak
Reis
Meliadoul
Rafa

Yah I actually Use Rafa, Malak, and Cloud, and I actually Like thier Speciality Jobs. My Only Complaint is that Cloud is Stuck with the Weak ass Materia Blade in Order to Use his Limits :mad:

eestlinc
04-23-2006, 06:32 PM
I like using Rafa, Agrias, Worker 8, and Mustadio.

Dark Messenger
04-27-2006, 11:36 AM
I take Orlandu, but I never actually use him much. Though it is fun having him clear battles all by himself. Meliadoul is boring as Orlandu comes before her. And has anyong thought of Alicia, Lavian, and Rad. I have Alicia and Lavian as Ninjas and I fired Rad to make room for a Tiamat, which I named Silver Dragon. And Beowulf is awesome too! I gave him Item and Throw Item so he and Mustadio can be healers as well. Beowulf and Mustadio are an excellent duo. One reason: Zombie + Seal Evil. Add Cloud and use Sleep and Leg Aim for an easy target for Cloud's slower Limits. And I bet Tiamat could hold its own just as well, if not better, than Orlandu!

Roogle
04-27-2006, 07:05 PM
I tend to use only special characters as I get them. That means, by the time I have Rafa and Malak, my entire party consists of Ramza, Mustadio, Agrias, Rafa, and Malak, so I have to use them.

I don't like how powerful Orlandu is, so I only use him in a few battles. Meliadoul is not very useful unless there are many human characters in the fights; she joins far too late in the game to be of real use.

six underground
05-03-2006, 05:21 AM
I used an all-knight party - Ramza as a squire with 2 swords and the summon ability (he's the one with Zodiac), Agrias and Orlandu to sweep the place up with Lightning Stab, and Meliadoul with Dance and Beowulf with his templar skills maiming the enemies with status effects and hacking up what's left with their sword strength. Though this time, I'm thinking of braving it all without Orlandu and putting Mustadio in. But everyone else stays. :)

Cloud was boring to level up, and I sent Alicia, Lavian and Rad away after I stole their things, and replaced Rafa and Malak with chocobos, and hopefully a Tiamat. btw Can you ride Tiamats?

BG-57
05-03-2006, 12:30 PM
No, but riding Chocobos is overrated. Sure the human gains a huge increase in range, but the Chocobo loses the ability to act.

Tiamats rule! :D

dodhungry
05-04-2006, 12:34 AM
I still wish you could add Izlude and/or a character with DARK HOLY to the party

conan
05-17-2006, 08:14 PM
It'd be nice to have ultima demons in your party...but I guess that's why they have gamesharks