PDA

View Full Version : Dean Koontz

Vincent Valentine
03-30-2006, 09:15 AM
As I've previously stated in my thread about personal role models (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=81570), over in General Chat, Dean Koontz is an author I have been a fan of for many years, whose unique and often times inspirational writing has had a large and somewhat profound impact on both my life and my own writing in general.

As such, I'm quite curious if there are fellows fans of his work on these forums. And heck, even if you're not a fan, I'm quite curious to hear your thoughts on this writer in particular. Just keep it civil, mmmkay?

Two simple questions to give this thread added structure:

1 ~ Why do you like his books in particular? Elaborate.
2 ~ What would be your favourite book by him, and why?

As always, I'll add my own answers to those questions later, once there's been some activity in this thread. :)

TheAbominatrix
03-30-2006, 09:53 AM
I used to read Dean Koontz's work just because I had no idea of what else to pick up. He isnt bad, but I think he's very formulaic and nothing special. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

I cant remember in particular what book I liked the best... I think um... man I cant remember the name. A guy who had visions of people in danger and would go save them, and a reporter named Holly who was after him. There was also a cool one where the guy wound up in a flood in the desert, but again I cant remember the na,e/

Pheesh
03-30-2006, 10:44 AM
meh, he's no Stephen King <3

I think that Abominatrix's first paragraph summed it up.

Stay Essential
EE