PDA

View Full Version : Download festival UK

boris no no
03-30-2006, 10:36 AM
I ordered my ticket a month or so ago :D
Anyone else going?
http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup/index.asp thats whos going
I'm mainly going to dance out to POrodigy but Metallica will be awesome and a chance to see Tool would be ace :D
Its in Donington Park in Derby (OMG something happens in Derby!)

Whoop whoop!
(Hey look! my first thread this year I think xD)

Captain Maxx Power
03-30-2006, 11:06 AM
It's about time someone apart from Metallica headlined. Seriously, they've done it the past two years. They are good live, but really they shouldn't be hogging the limelight. Tool is tool, you can't front them, but Guns and Roses? What is this, 1986?

As for the other acts Funeral for a Friend are OK, but not a preferred act. Trivium a lot of people like but they've never really "done it" for me. Bullet for my Valentine have even heavier welsh accents than FFAF, so I really can't take them seriously. Avenged Sevenfold = Bleh. All-American Rejects again not interested. Coheed and Cambria makes me feel ever so much happier, they own. Alterbridge rocks my socks. Lacuna Coil, well what can I say? My favourite pop-goth band by far, I'd kill to see them. Soulfly < Sepultura, but still awesome. Arch Enemy I imagine will rock live. Stone Sour make a welcome return (I prefer them over Slipknot anyday). Dragonforce are silly, very silly, but fun. Alice in Chains I'd refuse to watch without the legendary Layne, unless they happen to have cloned him. 36 Crazyfists I like one song of, but again unsure. Cradle of Filth ARE a Cradle of Filth, so moving swiftly on. Strappingyounglad...? Alexisonfire, you all know how I feel about EMO. Secret Machines never heard of 'em. Sikth are awesome technically, but they're just too damn weird and offbeat for my liking. Within Temptation I've never gotten into, I kinda classify them under the same group as Trivium. Killing Joke never head of. InMe have an awesome debut, and a awful sophomore, and I imagine they'd play more Butterfly than Eden, so I'd probably avoid. Clutch never heard of. Eighteen Vision again never heard of. Hatebreed, score, sounding better. Ginger and the...what? Fishbone bleh. I don't know most of the rest, only Sevendust I know and like.

So there's some good acts, but a lot of ones I'd avoid. Dunno if I'd go. Unless Machine Head played. LC and MH in the same week? I'd probably die of awesomeness overload.

boris no no
03-30-2006, 01:48 PM
wow
such a long critical analysis! :D
I'm pretty much only going for Tool and Prodigy ;D But I do agree, would be nice if Metallica didn't play :P Someone like NiN would be VERY welcome
Another reason I'm going is that I live pretty much round the corner from it :P nice and easy festival!
(plus festivals are not just about the music ;) shops galoor!)

Pure Strife
03-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Sikth, Clutch, Coheed and Cambria, Ginger and the Sonic Circus, Lacuna Coil, Alter Bridge, Dragonforce, Alice In Chains and Strapping Young Lad? You better bloody well believe I'm going, it's like virtually all my favourite bands in one place. got my ticket ordered and everything :)

NIN would be an awesome addition though.

boris no no
03-31-2006, 09:47 AM
sweet
you'll be camping? or going for the day?
Even though I live so close I'ma camping B)
Thats the best experience of festivals! :D The people I'm camping with, we're gonna make a giant flag saying the Derby Uni Massive ;D

Pure Strife
03-31-2006, 05:18 PM
I've got me full weekend camping ticket. We should arrange to say hello at some point, twould be well good.

More on topic, I keep hearing rumours about Opeth :)

boris no no
04-02-2006, 02:40 PM
I've got me full weekend camping ticket. We should arrange to say hello at some point, twould be well good.

More on topic, I keep hearing rumours about Opeth :)
oooooh, me too
Should be awesome to meet up! I like to meet people ^^

Cz
04-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Everyone knows V Festival is where it's at this year. ;)

Jess
04-02-2006, 05:58 PM
If I was to go to this years Download Festival it would be to see The Prodigy and as I saw them in December 2005, and plan on seeing them again next time they tour I don't feel the need to go see them at Download.

Plus, I've got exams around that time. :p

amratis
04-02-2006, 09:24 PM
The only festival I'm going to this year is Reading.