Anaisa
03-30-2006, 06:27 PM
I think its pretty much equal.

Jess
03-30-2006, 06:27 PM
You!

Anaisa
03-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Jess is talking to you by the way Mullet, not me.

Resha
Girls, I think. (Or maybe it's just me....)

Flying Mullet
You!
That's it. I'm voting girls! :aimmad:

Anaisa
03-30-2006, 06:30 PM
You!
That's it. I'm voting girls! :aimmad:
Don't lie.

Flying Mullet
03-30-2006, 06:31 PM
I'm not.:angel:

bipper
03-30-2006, 06:32 PM
I don't think either lies. Sure boys can stand, but I thought girls would sit. I dunno...

bipper

Captain Maxx Power
03-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Boys only appear to lie more because they're worse at it than girls.

Dignified Pauper
03-30-2006, 06:38 PM
girls. why do you think i'm gay! LOL

Despotus
03-30-2006, 06:49 PM
It's a statiscal fact that girls generally lie more. It's probably because they usually give a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif what people might think of them.

Xaven
03-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Shemales.

Anaisa
03-30-2006, 06:56 PM
It's a statiscal fact that girls generally lie more. It's probably because they usually give a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif what people might think of them.
They got these statistics by doing surveys. So the people participating could lie whilst taking the survey, by saying that they don't lie. So that certainly can't be classed as evidence.

Flying Mullet
03-30-2006, 06:57 PM
But this poll can be.

The results are conclusive. Boys rule. Girls drool.

Lil Ripsta
03-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Girls lies more, who else? :P

Despotus
03-30-2006, 06:59 PM
You make a good point, Anaisa. Maybe one should ask the participants, "Would the opposite sex say that your sex lies more often, or theirs?" kind of like in Labyrinth. :p

VorpalCyberWolf
03-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Im not sure if Girls really lie more... but they do like to trick guys with mind games and loop holes though, which can really be just as bad.

Dreddz
03-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Boys Will Be Boys .....

Miriel
03-30-2006, 07:09 PM
I think girls tend to say "white lies" a lot more than guys. About things like haircuts and shoes and stuff like that.

But I think for the bigger stuff, guys lie just as much as girls. And guys definitely tend to lie and cheat more than girls. But everyone lies. It's impossible to know which gender lies more than the other.

Despotus
03-30-2006, 07:16 PM
I think girls tend to say "white lies" a lot more than guys. About things like haircuts and shoes and stuff like that.

I was (a little) surprised to learn that when asked a very important question, "Have you ever said 'I love you' to someone and not really meant it?", the ladies again were the majority. Things that make you go...Hmmmmm.

Shlup
03-30-2006, 07:19 PM
I voted girls because we lie about things boys are unlikely to lie about, like pooping.

Miriel
03-30-2006, 07:20 PM
I was (a little) surprised to learn that when asked a very important question, "Have you ever said 'I love you' to someone and not really meant it?", the ladies again were the majority. Things that make you go...Hmmmmm.
I'd think it'd be the different way around. You know, with the whole, say 'I love you' to get into her pants deal.

But then again, a lot of girls go around saying, 'I love you' to other girls, but I don't think anyone really takes that seriously.

Anaisa
03-30-2006, 07:28 PM
But this poll can be.

The results are conclusive. Boys rule. Girls drool.
There are more boys here than there are girls. So saying your poll can be classed as conclusive is a lie.

Despotus
03-30-2006, 07:32 PM
I'd think it'd be the different way around. You know, with the whole, say 'I love you' to get into her pants deal.

But then again, a lot of girls go around saying, 'I love you' to other girls, but I don't think anyone really takes that seriously.
Maybe some guys would, there are a few dirty players out there. But a lot of guys just have trouble getting those 3 words out. They might say "You're really special to me.", or "I'm really, really into you" when what they really mean is "I'd especially like to get into you." Y'know, I love you is pretty tough for all but the best male liars. ;)

And Anaisa, we've already got girls who voted 'girls' and guys who voted 'boys', so who knows?

Rye
03-30-2006, 07:37 PM
I'd say it's about equal, but like Miriel said, girls say more white lies.

Zante
03-30-2006, 07:40 PM
I think its pretty much equal.

-N-
03-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Marick lies the most.

Madame Adequate
03-30-2006, 08:16 PM

But I think for the bigger stuff, guys lie just as much as girls. And guys definitely tend to lie and cheat more than girls. But everyone lies. It's impossible to know which gender lies more than the other.

Bullhockey. Girls lie far more than guys do, at least in relationship matters. White lies too, but even with the big stuff. Pretty much everything except reasons for not being at work, girls lie more.

As to the 'I love you' question: Guys don't say that untruthfully as often because they know it has big consequences. Girls don't credit guys with caring much about it, and they're ready to say it to get a new pair of shoes or whatever.

Miriel
03-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Bullhockey. Girls lie far more than guys do, at least in relationship matters. White lies too, but even with the big stuff. Pretty much everything except reasons for not being at work, girls lie more.

As to the 'I love you' question: Guys don't say that untruthfully as often because they know it has big consequences. Girls don't credit guys with caring much about it, and they're ready to say it to get a new pair of shoes or whatever.
I call bullhockey on your bullhockey.

amratis
03-30-2006, 08:24 PM
My expierence is that guys lie way more then girls. Or at least, they lie alot more about things that matter. Or maybe I'm just bitter and twisted.

Madame Adequate
03-30-2006, 08:26 PM
I call bullhockey on your bullhockey.

That's nice.

Lychon
03-30-2006, 08:28 PM
I don't think either lies. Sure boys can stand, but I thought girls would sit. I dunno...

bipper

Well I haven't had to much experience with lying guys, but I can GUARANTEE you that girls do lie. ....:D.....:D

-LYCHON

Flying Mullet
03-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Well all bullhockey aside, guys get in trouble if they don't lie when asked questions from girls, like "Does this dress make me look fat?" Girls make guys lie. That's twice as bad as lying on your own.

Dignified Pauper
03-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Marick lies the most.

Let me guess, it's because I'm a fairy boy, isn't it, mr. raghead.

-N-
03-30-2006, 08:50 PM
I never said that, but sure, why not. I was thinking of Post-Poned failures (the name of which I never agreed to, by the way).

Dignified Pauper
03-30-2006, 08:55 PM
First of all, there's no sense in bringing things from other threads into ones they don't belong. Secondly, don't call it ALL MY FAILURE. You are JUST AS RESPONSIBLE. I mean really, you just up and left and left me to manage things. I hardly think that's fair.

Further, since you left, I figured it'd be a great name. Plus it had a funny quip with the elections since they were post-poned. What does it even matter?

Miriel
03-30-2006, 08:59 PM
April Fool's. ^_^

*patpat*

Resha
03-30-2006, 09:08 PM
The Shinra lie the most.

Loony BoB
03-30-2006, 09:22 PM
In my experience? Girls. But that's just going by my own experience. I wouldnt' be surprised if it was actually even, because everyone lies. I just think "Girls" mostly because guys in general don't have much reason to lie to each other. We just don't talk about things we don't want to talk about. It saves the hassle.

However, whoever said that guys are more likely to cheat (Hi, Miriel!) can shush, because I know of a bunch of girls that have openly agreed with me that girls are more likely to cheat. Maybe not you, but girls in general are, particularly during the teenage years, quite likely to cheat. Of the relationships I've known both me and my friends to get into, the girls have cheated an incredible amount of times more than the guys. I do know of guys that have cheated, too, and maybe such things happen more for guys as they get older as I've not yet reached that kind of environment, but during teenage relationships, girls are certainly more likely to cheat.

~SapphireStar~
03-30-2006, 09:23 PM
I think we both tell the same amount. We all lie to keep others happy ... sometimes.

Shoeberto
03-30-2006, 09:24 PM
I can't accurately judge who lies more. I think, from my experience, it would probably be girls - not so much because they flat-out attempt to lie all the time, but because guys are much more prone to keep quiet if they don't have anything nice to say, rather than spout off either something that they know will get them in trouble, or otherwise complete BS.

It's definitely not right coming from either party, though.

Tavrobel
03-30-2006, 09:40 PM
Counting all white lies as LIES and withholding of information as NOT LIES.

Us guys do. But because girls make us lie to them, and also, if we start an argument, we automatically lose. Every word said after that is the beginning of a NEW argument.

Girls don't lie, so much as stretch the truth into epic proportions causing some people to develop an eating disorder or to get surgery. Who knows what a girl is thinking? So how can anyone say that they are lying?

Guys are very obvious with our emotions. If you insult my team, you die. End of discussion.

Don't even bring in the topic of cheating on this. Girls do it more often. It's just more obvious when a guy does it, because you are always mentally searching for it; male/females, both. Guys are not as likely to cheat while in a relationship. We look for casual sex, before getting commiting to something we can't get out of.

Flying Mullet
03-30-2006, 09:43 PM
Well I know that girls lie more during that time of the month, but that goes without saying.

Ultima Shadow
03-30-2006, 09:52 PM
I lie far more than anyone else!

...(hehe, there I lied again!)

And since I'm a boy, I would say the boyz0rz-dudie-thingies lies the most.

Anaisa
03-30-2006, 10:06 PM
Well I know that girls lie more during that time of the month, but that goes without saying.
Your telling lies again! Women are apparently more honest during "that time of the month".

Loony BoB
03-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Your telling lies again! Women are apparently more honest during"that time of the month".
I'd have to agree with that. They're sort of like angry drunks.

Tavrobel
03-30-2006, 10:09 PM
They really are. They won't be afraid to tell you that you're an idiot.

Shoeberto
03-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Your telling lies again! Women are apparently more honest during"that time of the month".
I'd have to agree with that. They're sort of like angry drunks.
With the women I've been around, it seems like quite the opposite - it seems they'd rather put on a show that they're feeling fine rather than have someone point fingers and say "Oh, she's just being that way because it's that time of the month." I mean, I'd rather plainfacedly lie about how I'm feeling than have some sort of stigma enforced on me like that.

I guess it really depends on the girl you're talking about, though. I'd imagine it varies a lot.

Doomie
03-30-2006, 10:19 PM
For the record, it does make your ass look big.

anacacia
03-30-2006, 10:23 PM

Now I'm voting guys. I'm a chick. And I don't care what people think about me. I listen to old music... I'm only a teenager... I SOMETIMES PICK MY NOSE!

:p The truth!

Loony BoB
03-30-2006, 10:28 PM
With the women I've been around, it seems like quite the opposite - it seems they'd rather put on a show that they're feeling fine rather than have someone point fingers and say "Oh, she's just being that way because it's that time of the month." I mean, I'd rather plainfacedly lie about how I'm feeling than have some sort of stigma enforced on me like that.

I guess it really depends on the girl you're talking about, though. I'd imagine it varies a lot.
I wasn't aware rubah is like that. ;)

Tavrobel
03-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Sometimes, too much of the truth sucks.

Lenna
03-30-2006, 10:39 PM
I disagree completely with this thread, purely because it's sexist. Staff do your job and sort it out!

Flying Mullet
03-30-2006, 10:40 PM
It's not sexist. Girls lie more. Simple.

anacacia
03-30-2006, 10:42 PM
I agree that girls lie more... Hell... I'm a chick. I think that they do because of the image. I don't lie though. If you ask me any question I will answer with full, inteligent answers... that are almost intelligent... :p

Lenna
03-30-2006, 10:44 PM
It's not sexist. Girls lie more. Simple.

Yes it is!!!!

Definition of Sexist:

Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.

THIS THREAD IS SEXIST. It's asking for deliberate discrimination against one side or the other.

Shoeberto
03-30-2006, 10:46 PM
By that argument, we should immediate close down any thread that puts two things side-by-side for comparison because it includes biased opinions. Which is absolutely retarded.

Lenna
03-30-2006, 10:49 PM
retarded?? This thread is sexist regardless of what you think. It's asking for a favourite.

Everyone lies about things. There is no definite percentage of who lies more. Everyone is different. Therefore, it is sexist. K. So do something about it.

anacacia
03-30-2006, 10:52 PM
If its so sexist to you... then dont post smart one.

Its not sexist. Get the hell over it. Its just asking the opinion of others, not the percentage of what the world beleives.

OH YOU KNOW WHAT SMART ONE?! I voted for chicks! OH! AND I AM A CHICK! Damn. I am sexist to chicks huh?

Miriel
03-30-2006, 10:56 PM
In my experience? Girls. But that's just going by my own experience. I wouldnt' be surprised if it was actually even, because everyone lies. I just think "Girls" mostly because guys in general don't have much reason to lie to each other. We just don't talk about things we don't want to talk about. It saves the hassle.

However, whoever said that guys are more likely to cheat (Hi, Miriel!) can shush, because I know of a bunch of girls that have openly agreed with me that girls are more likely to cheat. Maybe not you, but girls in general are, particularly during the teenage years, quite likely to cheat. Of the relationships I've known both me and my friends to get into, the girls have cheated an incredible amount of times more than the guys. I do know of guys that have cheated, too, and maybe such things happen more for guys as they get older as I've not yet reached that kind of environment, but during teenage relationships, girls are certainly more likely to cheat.

I personally know over a dozen girls who have been cheated on by their boyfriends, but I know less than a handful of guys who have been cheated on by their girlfriend. And that's just within my small group of friends! Almost all my best friends have been cheated on, hell I've been cheated on too.

So I'm just speaking from what I know. And being a teenage girl myself, and with the vast bulk of my friends being teens or teens who very recently turned 20, I can say that from what I've personally observed, girls have been cheated on more than guys. Who knows, maybe California guys are just cheating pricks. It might just be the environment. But if a group of guys were gathered together and a group of girls, I have a hard time believing that more people in the guy's group would have been cheated on as opposed to the girls.

Lenna
03-30-2006, 10:58 PM

Its not sexist. Get the hell over it. Its just asking the opinion of others, not the percentage of what the world beleives.

OH YOU KNOW WHAT SMART ONE?! I voted for chicks! OH! AND I AM A CHICK! Damn. I am sexist to chicks huh?

you're a chick huh? well there arn't many "chick's" that actually LIKE being called Chicks. And regardless it is sexist. I just asked about 10 other people what they think and they actually agree with me. Wooooooop. Stupidity or what. Jeez it's like throwing a poll saying who's more foreign. Indians or Japanese. Discrimination or WHAT?

Dignified Pauper
03-30-2006, 11:00 PM
Lenna and that damned logic. It'll get you every time.

Loony BoB
03-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Definition of Sexist:

Discrimination based on gender, especially discrimination against women.
I hope I'm not the only one that saw the amusement in that definition, be it a reasonable definition or not. ;)

This thread won't be closed. It's an open question asking if people think that people of one gender are more likely to lie regularly than the other gender - it's a matter of psychology. You don't see ads being shut down for saying that women are considered better drivers.

So I'm just speaking from what I know. And being a teenage girl myself, and with the vast bulk of my friends being teens or teens who very recently turned 20, I can say that from what I've personally observed, girls have been cheated on more than guys. Who knows, maybe California guys are just cheating pricks. It might just be the environment. But if a group of guys were gathered together and a group of girls, I have a hard time believing that more people in the guy's group would have been cheated on as opposed to the girls.
Fair point with the environment thing. There are other things that might also come into play. Race (or more to the point, culture), length of relationship, how they grew up, etc.

Flying Mullet
03-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Well if girls don't lie then they've never used the line "It's not you, it's me" when breaking up. I don't care if they are trying to be nice because the truth hurts or some other horse-dookie, but it's lying and it's disrespectful and rude to him.

Lenna
03-30-2006, 11:08 PM
that's because it's a fact. A PROVEN fact. Always has been always will be. But of course, asking you staffers to do something reasonable is always too much of a hassle isn't it? As you can never be bothered to listen or do anything for your fellow eoffers.

Ah well I aint going to waste my time.

Loony BoB
Anyone who says that girls or guys don't lie is possibly being sexist.

I think everyone agrees that they lie. The question specifically stated in the thread title is "Who lies more?" so it really is a matter of opinion based on experience. Maybe there's a study on it out there somewhere. Dunno.

Lenna: Yes, it is a fact. It is also a fact that one gender must lie more often than the other, at least to some extent, even if they are very similar in amounts overall. This thread is asking that question.

NeoCracker
Discrimination - The ability or power to see or make fine distinctions; discernment.
SEcond definition at Dictionary.com. If being sexist towards women means this that would be a good thing. There should be more sexists out there

Also my manlyness will only allow me to pick girls.

anacacia
03-30-2006, 11:10 PM

you're a chick huh? well there arn't many "chick's" that actually LIKE being called Chicks. And regardless it is sexist. I just asked about 10 other people what they think and they actually agree with me. Wooooooop. Stupidity or what. Jeez it's like throwing a poll saying who's more foreign. Indians or Japanese. Discrimination or WHAT?

You know what? Fine, I don't know alot of people that like being called a WOMAN. Or a GIRL. So get used to it. I'm sorry you don't like how I say my words. So sorry. God get a damn life. Its not sexist. Your making something out of it. The question is "Who Lies More?" Yes? So... it is a question... not the world depending on an answer. Stupidity, your calling me stupid? Well, uh, I didn't make the whole sexist thing out of it. okay, you did. I'm sorry I am a YOUNG WOMAN. Okay, there. I used what you wanted me to use. I like the word chick, okay, and I wont stop using it. I AM A CHICK. If you really want to go by what dictionary says... don't use the word JEEZ. Or using the word DUDE. Its called freedom of speach. I can say what I want. That was 10 people, who cares. Maybe I am a human being that actually thinks that what gender I am, actually lies. If you want to fight me go ahead. I have a mind of my own too. And you just got a little taste of it.

BRING IT ON.

SammieBabe
03-30-2006, 11:13 PM
I have been lied to by guys alot more than I have lied to them...:D

Lenna
03-30-2006, 11:13 PM
you called yourself an animal, that's why people don't like being called chicks because it's referring them to be an animal not a human being. I am entitled to my own opinion and me and 10 other people think this is a sexist thread.

You can step up to me all you want but you miss the point. I'm not saying its discrimination or sexist against girls only love. I said the thread itself is sexist. Because it's panning in favour of one or the other, and giving out a bad name for either one. Do you really want to be generalised as a liar to everyone else in the world if you're not?

I don't think anyone would.
But if you do, then you're the fool.

Besides if you notice most of the guys on here are saying girls and most of the girls are saying guys. It's an unfair vote.

anacacia
03-30-2006, 11:17 PM
you called yourself an animal, that's why people don't like being called chicks because it's referring them to be an animal not a human being. I am entitled to my own opinion and me and 10 other people think this is a sexist thread.

You can step up to me all you want but you miss the point. I'm not saying its discrimination or sexist against girls only love. I said the thread itself is sexist. Because it's panning in favour of one or the other, and giving out a bad name for either one. Do you really want to be generalised as a liar to everyone else in the world if you're not?

I don't think anyone would.
But if you do, then you're the fool.

Okay, so you chose guys? *yoink*

Listen. I did not call my self an animal. Its called SLANG. People use the word DUDE. Get the hell over it. God, I am really close to going off on you. In the result of me doing so using the words I want I will get banned from the board.

I wasn't saying that all girls are liers. Most are. Maybe you don't but I know tons of people that are girls that do.

I don't lie. If someone asks me one damn question I will answer.

"Hey Anacacia... are you a virgin? Do you pick your nose?"

Yeah... Yes to all those.

EDIT BY BoB: Please don't insult other members, anacacia. There is no need for it.

Loony BoB
03-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Anyone who is going to consider themselves as viewed in a bad light because of the opinions of other people who which gender is more prone to lying should ease up, just as anyone who suddenly goes "Oh, they said that [gender1] lie more often than [gender2] so I must think similarly" is a fool.

I highly doubt anyone is going to be that way in this thread, although I wouldn't be surprised if someone acts as though they are that way now that I've made this post. :p

Sexist would be to pick a girl and a guy out at random and say that one is a bigger liar than the other based purely on their gender. To say that one thinks that one is more likely to lie based on their own experiences is not sexist. There's a difference in there.

Besides if you notice most of the guys on here are saying girls and most of the girls are saying guys. It's an unfair vote.
It's quite possibly that guys are lied to more often by girls than other guys, and vice versa, which wouldn't surprise me much.

NeoCracker
03-30-2006, 11:19 PM
You take these random pointless threads way to seriously.

Rye
03-30-2006, 11:21 PM
Everyone lies~ :p Nothing anyone can really do about that, except try to be honest a bit more, however hard it is.

Anaisa
03-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Well if girls don't lie then they've never used the line "It's not you, it's me" when breaking up. I don't care if they are trying to be nice because the truth hurts or some other horse-dookie, but it's lying and it's disrespectful and rude to him.Oh really?

Well all bullhockey aside, guys get in trouble if they don't lie when asked questions from girls, like "Does this dress make me look fat?" Girls make guys lie. That's twice as bad as lying on your own.

Yamaneko
03-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Jesus never told a lie and he was a guy.

Venom
03-30-2006, 11:24 PM
I think both genders lie alot, about the same.

Everyone has something to lie about.

Lenna
03-30-2006, 11:24 PM
Sexist would be to pick a girl and a guy out at random and say that one is a bigger liar than the other based purely on their gender.

Look around you. That's what it is. There are two options Male and Female. They are choosing which they feel is the bigger liars by gender. Half of the people here are also basing it on OTHER peoples experiences such as friends. Which doesn't necessarily mean them to be true. No one can determine the truth of anything because only the people involved know.

I can't see many people in here backing up their decision with a reason based on their experiences. Only others and just random generalisations.

And the whole thing about them "being more likely" isn't the case. If that was then the thread title would be "who's likely to lie more?".

"Who lies more" states a question for a direct answer. Change the thread title and I will back down and go with your argument. If not then it is in a sexist surrounding.

Loony BoB
03-30-2006, 11:29 PM
I won't change the question because someone might actually have done some kind of study on the brain that actually says which gender is more prone to lying, so for all I know, there is a factual answer. Probably not, but c'mon, Lenna, you're just being picky now. xD

Everyone knows it's about opinion so far, though. This forum isn't an encycolpedia, it's a place for discussion - opinion will come into almost everything. I'd say this thread has been pretty good so far. :)

Lenna
03-30-2006, 11:34 PM
There isn't a factual answer. Everyone lies. Absolutely everyone. From a tiny white lie to a big smacker of one. There is no way to determine who lies more. Because it's all down to will power. The majority of people choose not to lie regardless of which gender they are. If anything, the majority of people in the world wont lie, and only a small percentage will actually lie about anything bigger than a small white lie.

So all in all it's a pointless thread.

EDIT: It's almost as bad as saying whos always wrong "girls or boys"

lovehurts
03-30-2006, 11:38 PM
girls

rubah
03-31-2006, 12:17 AM

I wasn't eitherxD

Shoeberto
03-31-2006, 12:19 AM

I wasn't eitherxD
Psh, mentioning my experience with girls doesn't mean I'm talking about Allie!

I mean, I have a mom.

And a sister.

(what I said was purely a guess, anyway. . . one which I'm assuming is totally wrong, now xD)

Madame Adequate
03-31-2006, 12:44 AM
There isn't a factual answer. Everyone lies. Absolutely everyone. From a tiny white lie to a big smacker of one. There is no way to determine who lies more. Because it's all down to will power. The majority of people choose not to lie regardless of which gender they are. If anything, the majority of people in the world wont lie, and only a small percentage will actually lie about anything bigger than a small white lie.

So all in all it's a pointless thread.

What the devil are you talking about? The rare thing, the special thing to find is someone who always tells the truth. Most people lie quite readily. They might lie for good reasons, or for something they believe in, but people lie. Everyone lies. If you don't lie, nobody likes you. You're like Feedback Raistlin x 8.

Nubs. :rolleyes2

Yuffie514
03-31-2006, 02:29 AM
option no. #1 and i have my reasons...

-N-
03-31-2006, 02:44 AM
Jesus never told a lie and he was a guy.That's George Washington, you senile cucumber.
Your friends lie the most to you, I've found.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
03-31-2006, 04:34 AM
It is impossible to say. people lie (or don't lie) because of life experience and conditioning(NOT THE HAIR KIND!!!) It is determined by how they are raised and how those around them act rather than gender.

There... my behaviourism study was useful after all... probably somewhat inaccurate... but still...

Samuraid
03-31-2006, 11:14 AM
Depends on the person, not the gender.

Lenna
03-31-2006, 01:35 PM
What the devil are you talking about? The rare thing, the special thing to find is someone who always tells the truth. Most people lie quite readily. They might lie for good reasons, or for something they believe in, but people lie. Everyone lies. If you don't lie, nobody likes you. You're like Feedback Raistlin x 8.

Nubs.

EDIT: And MILF if you read what I actually said I have said all along everyone lies. If you read the paragraph you quoted I said there is a small percentage that would lie bigger than a WHITE LIE which is basically what you said just there in your paragraph.

That's where you're wrong. No one can tell how many people lie. You may think the majority of the world lie, yes everyone lies and I mean absolutely everyone. But in the terms of lying I'm concentrating on the lies that can be harmful to others.

The majority of people in the WORLD [<-- see that word there. concentrate on it.] don't lie to that extreme. Many of the countries in our world have much more to think about than getting their own back, or lying to their friends and family or cheating on someone. There are people dying, there are people starving and in poverty. I hardly think they're going to spend their time lying about anything when they need to concentrate on how to get their life back.

No one can generalise how many people lie to you, because there are billions of people in this world and there are only a small amount out of those people you know.

Not to mention someone could lie to you about someone lying. No one knows the truth for sure unless they are there to experience it themselves.

One person could lie to you and be truthful to the next. It's all about will. Not gender-traits.

If you wont listen to me. Listen to Samuraid who said that it's not gender its to do with the person. And that broken emo kid person.

This thread is absolutely pointless due to the fact it's generalising one gender or the other to be the bigger liar. Which is absolute rubbish. It IS impossible to say. Regardless.

Flying Mullet
03-31-2006, 01:52 PM
No, it is possible to say, just like BoB said earlier. It may not be a big difference, but one gender has to be a bigger liar, statistically speaking. There's no way it could be 50/50. And from my experience I'd have to say that the ladies have the scale tipping to their side.

Lenna
03-31-2006, 02:01 PM
But your experience is bound to be wrong. It isn't possible to say because of that. No one lies purposely. Everyone lies out of their own will and they can change it at anytime, which means there wont be any statistical way of finding it out because it wouldn't be based on solid evidence. As I said. One person may lie to one person and not to another, which makes it impossible to find out.

The only way to find out, is if they did a lie detector test on every sing person in this world. Even then how would you know they'd lie? Lie detectors aren't 100% accurate if a person can make themselves calm and believe that they didn't lie about what they were lying about in the first place. It is impossible to say.

Loony BoB
03-31-2006, 02:16 PM
But your experience is bound to be wrong.
Or right. It's 50/50. :p

It isn't possible to say because of that.
That's true, nobody here can say for sure but I don't think anyone is stating anything as fact, and again, if anyone is reading anything in this thread as factual then they need to start thinking for themselves.

No one lies purposely.
Typo?

Everyone lies out of their own will and they can change it at anytime, which means there wont be any statistical way of finding it out because it wouldn't be based on solid evidence. As I said. One person may lie to one person and not to another, which makes it impossible to find out.
Yeah, I agree that it's impossible to find out by merely asking people.

The only way to find out, is if they did a lie detector test on every sing person in this world. Even then how would you know they'd lie? Lie detectors aren't 100% accurate if a person can make themselves calm and believe that they didn't lie about what they were lying about in the first place. It is impossible to say.
It's possible to find out if girls have a larger tendency to lie due to some kind of area of the brain that might (might!) have to do with lying or anything like that. That would be the only way that I can think of that any real statement could be made on the matter - although I don't know if such an area of the brain exists (but it wouldn't surprise me).

Again, I don't think anyone is stating anything as fact and although some people have made sexist remarks jokingly, I don't think anyone here really is going around being sexist on the whole, I think they're just generalising. I think I said it best during that other post... what was it... *digs* Ah. Sexist would be to pick a girl and a guy out at random and say that one is a bigger liar than the other based purely on their gender. To say that one thinks that one is more likely to lie based on their own experiences is not sexist.

To be honest, I wouldn't view either gender any less if girls or guys were more likely to lie, even if proven. Once you come down to it, everyone has their own mind and it's all down to knowing the right kind of people.

However, I don't think anyone can really say that those in poverty in Africa don't lie just because they're facing death... unless, as you have said, you are one of them. And even then you can only speak for yourself. Just because they are in a bad situation that we should feel lucky we are not in doesn't mean they don't have negative thoughts. Such things are entirely possible. I wouldn't be surprised if they have their lie-dramas just like we do. It's hard to say unless you've lived there long enough, though, I suppose.

anacacia
03-31-2006, 05:53 PM
I am just going to say this withought anyone bashing me....

Its a proven fact that women lie more then men. Its on image most of the time. I am not saying that all women lie. I am saying most of the population of them.

If anyone bashes me for saying that I swear. Tis the last time I come on this board because someone Is bashing my opinion.

Lenna
03-31-2006, 06:24 PM
Okay. So if it's a PROVEN fact, then prove it. It's bound to be all over the place. I doubt anyone will believe you until you prove it.

Flying Mullet
03-31-2006, 06:47 PM
Look at the poll. Even with a margin of error of <a href="http://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/pipvestite.jpg">+/-9</a> girls still lie more.

Anaisa
03-31-2006, 06:50 PM
That doesn't mean that girls lie more, that just means that the people here think that girls lie more.

Flying Mullet
03-31-2006, 06:52 PM
How else are you going to prove who <a href="http://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/pipvestite.jpg">lies</a> more?

Anaisa
03-31-2006, 07:01 PM
How else are you going to prove who <a href="http://lolannoyingsound.ytmnd.com/">lies</a> more?
Thats my point, its not proof, its opinion. A vast number of people would have to be studied before it could be a proven fact, so its probably not ever going to be proven.

Flying Mullet
03-31-2006, 07:03 PM
Well how else can I function in the world if I can't generalize?

Anaisa
03-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Well how else can I function in the world if I can't generalize?
I'm sure you'd be able to get by without doing that.

Raistlin
03-31-2006, 07:29 PM
Girls obviously lie more. So sayeth the pimp.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar92_16.gif

anacacia
03-31-2006, 08:41 PM
Okay. So if it's a PROVEN fact, then prove it. It's bound to be all over the place. I doubt anyone will believe you until you prove it.

Do you have no other life but to talk back to me?

SoulTaker*
03-31-2006, 08:45 PM
Swindlers and tricksters I say!

Anaisa
03-31-2006, 08:51 PM
Girls obviously lie more. So sayeth the pimp.

I bet pimps lie more than your average woman.

anacacia
03-31-2006, 09:07 PM
Yeah... they do. Anything to become that persons Hoe. :p

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-31-2006, 10:01 PM
I am lying right now.

:goomba:

Lenna
03-31-2006, 11:03 PM

Do you have no other life but to talk back to me?

You were the one who said it was a proven fact. Which is impossible as Anaisa said as it would take time and a hell of a lot of it. You said it was fact, I wanted proof. Tis all.

anacacia
04-01-2006, 09:08 PM
The majority of the world beleives that women lie more.

Plus, tell me, do guys really care about image? Women do, not saying all, but most do.

Here is the way it is proven.

80% of both men and women believe that a majority of women would lie seriously enough to falsely convict their husbands.
50% to 99% of men in prison may have been falsely convicted because of women who lie.
American men are 1,678 times more likely than Japanese, Italian, or Greek men to be charged with rape.
More than half of those convicted were proven by DNA studies to be innocent.
Feminists insist that the women who LIED should not be punished.
Police who lie to convict innocent men.
Women who LIE in sexual harassment suits.

Found those on the internet. May not be exactly what your looking for but good enough.

As I say, I BELEIVE women lie more than men. Get over yourself. If you think your better than me, and think you can prove me wrong, go ahead. Your just making an ass out of yourself.

Little Jane
04-01-2006, 11:46 PM
I voted girls cause girls have a more complex brain which makes them more able to create great lies. Plus, they have an easier way to get out of gym class than a boy by claiming a lie. :roll:

Dignified Pauper
04-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Isn't today just one big lie? if so, then my life's a lie.

anacacia
04-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Isn't today just one big lie? if so, then my life's a lie.

Yes... the day lies! :p

You know what? There is no compitition now... we will rally agenst (sp?) the daylight!

escobert
04-05-2006, 01:19 AM
MY MOMMY!

Avathar
04-05-2006, 10:46 AM
From my experience: girls usually have a lot more to lie about than guys:cool: :D

anacacia
04-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Yep! :p

Zeldy
04-10-2006, 08:31 PM
I voted for girls, but more that I think about it, its probably boys.

"What? No! your bum dosn't look big in that dress!"