Lil Ripsta
03-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Well? Works in Amsterdam!

Despotus
03-30-2006, 07:11 PM
Every night I go to bed dreaming that tomorrow will be the day. :pimp:

Lil Ripsta
03-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Haha well same here and I'll be pretty shocked if the government would legalise it in the United States.

Tempest
03-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Sure why not. I've never seen how it's anymore dangerous then drinking and smoking.

bipper
03-30-2006, 07:14 PM
NO!! absolutly not! Are you trying to make Americans loose interest in everything important and become entirley submissive to the government!?

A very concerned bipper

Despotus
03-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Haha well same here and I'll be pretty shocked if the government would legalise it in the United States.
The government won't. The rest of us will. When you've already got a "law" that over half of the population breaks, it's only a matter of time before folks wake up and smell the cannabis.

And bipper, that reeks of sarcasm. And it smells so good. :cool:

remi07
03-30-2006, 07:44 PM
I say yes! Give the goverment a joint and then they'll see what they've been missing! Its no worse then drinking or smoking a cig. Infact, its safer b/c its nonaddictive and you have control over yourself physically (well usually). I drive around high quite a bit and as long as I focus a little bit, I can drive just fine. Also the goverment would save cash by not wasting all that money on jailing people for possession or being under the influence of pot. That way they could spend more time on busting people who do drugs that are actually harmful like meth,coke,heroine.

Odaisé Gaelach
03-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Everyone should just keep drinking tea.

VorpalCyberWolf
03-30-2006, 08:12 PM

I love you! (Well not in that way, but I agree whole heartedly.)

But on the topic at hand, I honestly care less. Im personally not a fan of it, but thats just cause it makes me naseous. I don't really care if other people do it though.

Though, whether its legal or not, people will always be doing it anyway, so I really don't care either way.

EverVine
03-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Here comes my high morals coming into play...

Even though I live in Australia, I don't think it should legalized anywhere. I've seen the effects it has on people, and its not right. Its too dangerous if you ask me. Any sort of drug, no matter how mild, is dangerous...

tailz
03-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Well? Works in Amsterdam!

it works everywhere in the netherlands not just amsterdam :P:D

Lil Ripsta
03-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Everyone should just keep drinking tea. Hahaha yeah I hope that was a joke. :p

Tempest
03-30-2006, 08:32 PM

Agree's. Tea is much better and delicious.

But on the topic at hand, I honestly care less. Im personally not a fan of it, but thats just cause it makes me naseous. I don't really care if other people do it though.

Though, whether its legal or not, people will always be doing it anyway, so I really don't care either way.
True. People are not going to stop smoking marijuana regardless if it's legalized or not.

Even if it is legalized, it doesn't mean everyone is just going to start doing it. I never touched the stuff and I never will. At least if it is legalized, like remi07 said, it probably would save money and also free up jails cells that are full in this country.

eestlinc
03-31-2006, 02:47 AM
I don't care if it's legalized, I just want to be left alone in my own house.

friedpork
03-31-2006, 03:06 AM
In canada marijuana is legalized, but for medical reasons of course.:rolleyes2

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-31-2006, 03:11 AM

Agree completely.

I have one question though. If the government legalize it, then wouldn;t the next step be commercializing of marijuana? I mean big companies would clue in that there is money to make. Also if that happens, I am pretty sure the government will tax the marijuana products increasing their cost and government revenue.

Meat Puppet
03-31-2006, 03:17 AM
I doubt I would like it if it were legal. It'd be cheaper I suppose, but then my pop will be poorer.

FallenAngel411
03-31-2006, 03:18 AM
Like others have already said, it isn't any worse for you than smoking and drinking. I think it should be legalized so that the government can concentrate on arresting people who are actually doing something wrong.

Stayin Dizzy
03-31-2006, 03:44 AM
It will ultimately be legal everywhere just not anytime soon. It's a huge movement boasting millions of members. It's just a slow process in the government.

Honestly though I see them legalizing it and wanting a cut, just like any other drugs they sell (perscriptions/booze/god knows what else), and they would tak the living hell out of it. Imagine dealers liscences and having more unique He:meditate:d shops. Or for home use only you could only own X amount of plants (maybe even a yeild limit?). It will end up being a hassle with few legal reprocussions, Just like most other legal things in many places. And you could bet driving high would still be a no-no. I do it but there's been times where even a smoker knows he's out of his head.

I guess I'd vote yes, but a shakey one

Hawkeye
03-31-2006, 03:47 AM
Argh, I voted yes, though that's not the vote I wanted. Subtract one to yes, if you will, and add it to no.

America is full of problems as it is, and legalizing pot in my opinion would just be worse. Allowing stupid people to be stupid is just going to get people hurt.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-31-2006, 04:25 AM
Argh, I voted yes, though that's not the vote I wanted. Subtract one to yes, if you will, and add it to no.

America is full of problems as it is, and legalizing pot in my opinion would just be worse. Allowing stupid people to be stupid is just going to get people hurt.
Those stupid people are already stupid. And a lot of America's problems are from the illegalization of pot. People smoke pot whether it's legal or not. Legalizing it will allow the government to tax it, as said before, thus increasing revenue. And it will be quite a large revenue. Also, as said before, it will clear up jail cells for those put in there for intent to sell etc. Cops won't have to waste time busting Johnny Teenager for the dimebag of pot in his back pocket when Johnny Bully is robbing the Quik-E-Mart down the street.
Marijuana isn't that bad. Alcohol is much worse, in my opinion. If you're going to keep Alcohol legal, let marijuana be legal. It's just common sense. You're never going to make it go away. So why not make it okay?

Despotus
03-31-2006, 04:45 AM
Very good points, Spiff. Furthermore, I think the new tax revenue could be spent on better educating people about the ill effects of drug and alcohol abuse (I said "abuse", not "use in moderation") and maintaining free clinics for people who need to clean up.

About the driving thing, which understandably worries some people since there is no easy breath test like there is for alcohol level, I think that by the time it is actually legalized or decriminalized (to borrow a term from Jimmy Carter), we won't drive our cars. They'll drive themselves. Don't laugh, driverless cars are already a reality. They just haven't worked out the infrastructure logistics yet. :cool:

Yamaneko
03-31-2006, 05:15 AM
I'd just like to add to the group that said alcohol (in the short term) is much worse than marijuana. Maybe instead of battling a pointless war against marijuana, we should be going after the hardcore drugs that ruin people's lives. And I'm one of those people that has never smoked weed, but I also don't see a point in viewing marijuana as a curse upong humanity when alcohol is a much bigger detriment to our society (and I'm one of those people the drinks every so often).

Zeromus_X
03-31-2006, 05:43 AM
I don't really care, but if it makes a thousand more copies of my mother, then I'll be worried about it. :cat:

Del Murder
03-31-2006, 06:03 AM
Rather than add new state-altering drugs, let's get rid of a few we already have.

Despotus
03-31-2006, 06:11 AM
Rather than add new state-altering drugs, let's get rid of a few we already have.
Prohibition didn't work in the '20s, and I'm pretty sure it would fail if we tried it again. Kind of like the current prohibition of MJ is failing. I'd have to disagree with you here, Del.

Lychon
03-31-2006, 06:26 AM
I'd just like to add to the group that said alcohol (in the short term) is much worse than marijuana. Maybe instead of battling a pointless war against marijuana, we should be going after the hardcore drugs that ruin people's lives. And I'm one of those people that has never smoked weed, but I also don't see a point in viewing marijuana as a curse upong humanity when alcohol is a much bigger detriment to our society (and I'm one of those people the drinks every so often).

I believe the problem is more in regards to who produces a certain product and what control government has over that product. Alcohol and tobacco products are produced by legitimate companies which are meticulously scrutinized and monitored by governments. They must apply for strict licenses and obey state and federal laws regarding the production, distribution, and sale of their products.

Most drugs on the other hand, especially illegal drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin, etc., are produced by illegal drug cartels which have no regard for government order, and in some cases work against the government to undermine it. This means that these cartels do not abide by government restrictions on the production, distribution, and sale of their drug products and drug paraphernalia. By not obeying such restrictions, drug cartels cause social corruption and deterioration in a much more dangerous manner than alcohol and tobacco, regardless if the actual product is less damaging or not to someone’s body. A good example is how the drug-lord Pablo Escobar in Colombia practically took over the entire country and government, reducing society to shambles by producing and distributing narcotics.

As far as marijuana being legalized goes, I do not support it because the potential chaos it would create in society outweighs any kind of argument regarding individual freedom of consumption (as opposed to abortion which strictly concerns only one woman and her body). The only time it should be legal to use marijuana is if a physician deems the substance beneficial and/or necessary to an ill-person.

-LYCHON

NeoCracker
03-31-2006, 06:34 AM
I'd just love ot see the product wars with Cigarretes, good fun.

nik0tine
03-31-2006, 08:17 AM
It really depends on what you value. If you value things like high crime rates then you are probably going to want drugs to stay illegal.

boris no no
03-31-2006, 09:40 AM
*nods*

In the UK Marijuana just keeps swinging froma grade A drug to a grade whateverthehellisnotasbad drug. They cannot make up their minds on how bad it is
I don't really care, would be nice not to be illegal, guess its not the worst drug someone could get addicted to. I think alcohol is far worse.

Loony BoB
03-31-2006, 10:22 AM
No. Because it stinks, and I don't want to smell it. I'd rather they coat themselves in manure.

Shaun
03-31-2006, 11:05 AM
No, don't legalise it. Using any kind of drug (harmful drug, I mean) is very foolish, but if it were legal, it would be insanity. Weed should only be used for medical purposes. But hell, if people want to die earlier, it isn't my problem.

Lil Ripsta
03-31-2006, 12:35 PM
By the way, I thought weed and marijuana are the same as others?

boris no no
03-31-2006, 12:37 PM
By the way, I thought weed and marijuana are the same as others?
They are the same
as is Dope, hash, rez (type of weed), erm x__x can't think of anymore
My friends just call it Stash

Shaun
03-31-2006, 12:41 PM
Awesome. People know more about drug names nowadays. Fantastic.

Lil Ripsta
03-31-2006, 12:45 PM
LMAO

That's what they're only good at. Haha. :D

boris no no
03-31-2006, 04:34 PM
Awesome. People know more about drug names nowadays. Fantastic.

LMAO

That's what they're only good at. Haha. :D

Wow, you're both such cute people.

Burtsplurt
03-31-2006, 05:11 PM
I don't like stoned people who smell of cannabis, just like I don't like drunk idiots. But if people want to do it in their own home, then I don't care. In that case it's personal choice and I think it should be legal so long as it doesn't impact on other individuals or society in general.

Vincent, Thunder God
03-31-2006, 06:25 PM
Well it's already legalized here in Canada, but I never liked the idea. Legalize it, but only for medicinal purposes to make it easier to acquire for those who really need it. I don't smoke pot - it kills brain cells! That should be reason enough not to use it, and not to legalize it!

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-31-2006, 07:29 PM
No, don't legalise it. Using any kind of drug (harmful drug, I mean) is very foolish, but if it were legal, it would be insanity. Weed should only be used for medical purposes. But hell, if people want to die earlier, it isn't my problem.
There has never EVER been a recorded case where someone has died as a direct result of smoking weed. Unlike alcohol or tobacco.

Well it's already legalized here in Canada, but I never liked the idea. Legalize it, but only for medicinal purposes to make it easier to acquire for those who really need it. I don't smoke pot - it kills brain cells! That should be reason enough not to use it, and not to legalize it!
Not as much as you'd think. Besides, alcohol beats the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of your liver, and cigarettes wreak havoc on your lungs. The effects of marijuana doesn't even come close to these.

DarkLadyNyara
04-01-2006, 08:43 PM
NO!! absolutly not! Are you trying to make Americans loose interest in everything important and become entirley submissive to the government!?

*blinks* Too easy... way too easy...

By that logic, we should reinstate prohibition. :mad:
And nevermind the fact that tweakers tend to be anti-establishment.

It really depends on what you value. If you value things like high crime rates then you are probably going to want drugs to stay illegal.
:D Put it better than i could. :D

Avathar
04-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Weed is soooooo harmless. It's even healthy, especially in comparison with alcohol and tobacco:love: plus, the effects are awright.

Just listen to the man:
http://beervspot.ytmnd.com/
(:D http://weed-newyork.ytmnd.com/)

Edit: Hm....The Bill Hicks Ytmnd doesn't work anymore...ohwell, it comes down to this:

Drunk people get aggresive and thus into a fight more easily.
Stoned people......can't fight at all.
Drunk people get a lot easier into a car accident.
Stoned people.....are only going 20 miles an hour, so the only accident they could have is bumpin against the garagedoor or something.
^_^

Ballistix Man
04-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Drunk people get aggresive and thus into a fight more easily.
Stoned people......can't fight at all.
Drunk people get a lot easier into a car accident.
Stoned people.....are only going 20 miles an hour, so the only accident they could have is bumpin against the garagedoor or something.
Thats the dumbest thibg I have ever heard.

Avathar
04-01-2006, 09:06 PM
:) I guess you don't like Bill Hicks:( (may he r.i.p.)

'eMeRaLdFaYe'
04-02-2006, 07:57 AM
My thoughts the same.:D

Despotus
04-02-2006, 08:00 AM
:D Medicine that makes you die earlier... now, that's irony! :D

Ramza Beoulve
04-02-2006, 08:18 AM
I agree too :moomba:

Jebus
04-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Of course it should be legal.

Do you have any idea how much money the government could make by taxing it's use? That's tens of billions per year if it's taxed as much as tobacco is.

Not only that, but marijuana is basically harmless. You can't overdose on THC. Not only that, but the smoke is much less harsh than that of tobacco.

Tobacco and alcohol are SO much worse, but those're both legal, so why not legalise a relatively harmless cash cow such as this?

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Tobacco and alcohol are SO much worse, but those're both legal, so why not legalise a relatively harmless cash cow such as this?

I agree too :moomba:

Because of people like these. People who are misinformed and ultimatly ignorant of the whole matter. A lot of these people are in political offices. And even if they did support it, the voters are these people. Marijuana won't be legalized until people are informed and realize that it's not that bad, goddammit. Right now we have all these dumb commercials that don't do CRAP except squelsh the legalization. Stupid.

Also; I'd just like everyone to know that I don't regularly smoke. In fact, I've only smoked three times. I just think the whole matter is dumb.

escobert
04-02-2006, 05:40 PM
HELL YEAH! *lights up a blunt*

Captain Maxx Power
04-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Beh, make it legal, see if I care, I don't touch the stuff. Heck, the more pot heads there are, the better the chances I'll get a job.

Avathar
04-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Weed: Doesn't kill anyone.
Alcohol and tobacco and hard-drugs: Kills all.

:cool: Be safe. Smoke pot.:)

Despotus
04-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Beh, make it legal, see if I care, I don't touch the stuff. Heck, the more pot heads there are, the better the chances I'll get a job.
I really don't see the relevance that smoking weed has to getting, or not getting, a job. I am an avid toker, when I can be, and I am usually the most desireable candidate for any job I've applied for in the last 8 years. I graduated university with Magna Cum Laude honors, and the three semesters where I smoked the most, I had a 4.0 grade point average. Weed does not make you stupid, and it does not make you irresponsible. It can make you hungry, however.:p

Acid Raine
04-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Well, it gives you a high, right? Well, that equals bad so I voted no. But maybe I'm just a prude....

Avathar
04-02-2006, 08:33 PM
When learning for exams, i smoke quite a lot :D and my results were super!
And when i'm stoned: most of the time i can make better drawings;) mostly^^

O_- And it still surprises me that i can eat THAT much (when the munchies arrive :P)

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Well, it gives you a high, right? Well, that equals bad so I voted no. But maybe I'm just a prude....
Probably. That's a stupid reason to be against it. Please expand. Getting a high is bad, how?

bipper
04-02-2006, 09:34 PM

Do you have any idea how much money the government could make by taxing it's use? That's tens of billions per year if it's taxed as much as tobacco is.

Not only that, but marijuana is basically harmless. You can't overdose on THC. Not only that, but the smoke is much less harsh than that of tobacco.

I don't know how to take this... are you more of a libatarian. Saying that not having it legalised is a form of oppression? I am guessing this just on the little know about you, but then ya go on to say tax the hell outta it... that seems a littlle oppressive:p

In essence, if it was legalized - I would want tax, health impact fees, and illeagal oppresion agianst the users :)

Captain Maxx Power
04-02-2006, 11:19 PM
I really don't see the relevance that smoking weed has to getting, or not getting, a job.

This has this relevancy. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue_in_cheek)

Acid Raine
04-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Probably. That's a stupid reason to be against it. Please expand. Getting a high is bad, how?
Well its dangerous. If people go around stoned all the time, they wont be able to think,and bad stuff could result....

Oh, I am DEEPLY srry for my reason being *stupid*

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-02-2006, 11:44 PM
Well its dangerous. If people go around stoned all the time, they wont be able to think,and bad stuff could result....

I hate to break it to you, but there are a good many people who walk around stoned all the time already. Being high doesn't mean you're brain-dead. You can still THINK, just maybe on to the fullest extent. And I'd hardly consider being high dangerous.

Just because it's legal doesn't mean everybody in the world is going to be constantly high 24/7. The ones that will be are probably that way already.

You need to think of the legalization of weed like the legalization of alcohol. People don't walk around drunk ALL THE TIME, just because alcohol is legal, do they?

Yes, people will abuse it and do stupid things. But that's nothing new.

Acid Raine
04-05-2006, 03:57 AM

I hate to break it to you, but there are a good many people who walk around stoned all the time already. Being high doesn't mean you're brain-dead. You can still THINK, just maybe on to the fullest extent. And I'd hardly consider being high dangerous.

Just because it's legal doesn't mean everybody in the world is going to be constantly high 24/7. The ones that will be are probably that way already.

You need to think of the legalization of weed like the legalization of alcohol. People don't walk around drunk ALL THE TIME, just because alcohol is legal, do they?

Yes, people will abuse it and do stupid things. But that's nothing new.
Whatever you say...

Jebus
04-05-2006, 05:28 AM

I don't know how to take this... are you more of a libatarian. Saying that not having it legalised is a form of oppression? I am guessing this just on the little know about you, but then ya go on to say tax the hell outta it... that seems a littlle oppressive:p

In essence, if it was legalized - I would want tax, health impact fees, and illeagal oppresion agianst the users :)

Heh, I'm all over the place. But still, I think it should be under similar laws to tobacco. Albeit much less strict because it doesn't actually kill people.

Avathar
04-05-2006, 10:18 AM
* joins in with the blunt Bert's smoking*:cool: