PDA

View Full Version : Enable post counts

Lil Ripsta
03-30-2006, 07:20 PM
I was wondering why the post counts are turned off by default. I think this is just a big mistake when running a forum. Post counts are sure to help a forum even if that forum is a successful, huge one. Trust me when I say this. So my suggestion is to get the post counts back and I'm sure people will NOT go around and spam up the forum unless you make a special rules & guidelines. ;)

Leeza
03-30-2006, 07:30 PM
You are new here. I suggest you read <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=38129">this thread</a> as well as the <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_vb_user_maintain">FAQ</a>.

Trust me, post counts DO contribute to spam, which is why they have been removed. Also trust me when I say that it is only new members to this site that seem to miss the post counts. :cat:

Welcome to EoFF. :)

Lil Ripsta
03-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Oh I am very sorry, my bad. Yeah I'm kinda new to this site so I'm not sure how it goes and all that. And thanks for your welcome!

You maybe be right but I am pretty sure there are enough moderators out there to manage and control the spam on the forum. It's just a piece of cake to do, if you ask me. Moderating a vBulletin is my best hobby and probably the easiest bulletin board system to use and manage out there. If you're still considered about the spam, then you may install a warning system that is available on vBulletin.org. There are plenty of warning systems so pick whatever suits you and I'm definitely sure it'll help this forum a lot. I know well because I've been through the same situations and that warning system was such a helpful idea.

Hawkeye
03-30-2006, 07:51 PM
*makes fun*

Lil Ripsta
03-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Go ahead and make fun of me. I would care less when I have a good point here. :rolleyes2

Leeza
03-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Aftermath, you are very new here. We have warning systems and the spam still continues. Of course, much less so since the removal of post counts.
Also, your sig is over the 50 kb filesize limit. Please resize it or remove it as we have strict sig restrictions in place to accomodate all those members who are on dial-up.

Lil Ripsta
03-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Oh well I'm really sorry about my signature. It's all fixed now!

Aha as you can see, there is nothing much to do about the spam. Even my forum is small in size and guess what, I still even got a few spam over here and there. So you see there's nothing much you can do about it 'cause it will continue.

rubah
03-30-2006, 11:56 PM
For a forum that would surely have worried about y2k compatability, I'd say it's done a good job of doing things that would keep its existence going smoothly.

Your suggestions are welcomed, but they've all been discussed in depth yoinks ago:]

RSL
03-30-2006, 11:57 PM
How will enabling post counts help us out exactly? We've had them disabled for a long time now (over three years is my guess) and the community continues to grow.

Yamaneko
03-31-2006, 12:00 AM
For every post without post counts we lose 0.3 posts.