PDA

View Full Version : FF7 Emulator Problem

Max
03-31-2006, 02:50 AM
Im trying to play ff7 on my epsxe emulator. I have the disk in the drive, but when I play it it shows weird lines in the file attatched. Im downloading the isos through a torrent to see if that works. But Is there a reason this is happening? :confused:

Samuraid
03-31-2006, 04:10 AM
You should try switching out some of the ePSXe hardware plugins and see if any others work better for your given hardware configuration.

Killy
03-31-2006, 12:23 PM
Obviously, you want to try Pete's video plugins.

a nirvana fan
04-01-2006, 01:56 AM
Obviously, you want to try Pete's video plugins.

Yeah im using that and every game ive tried(thats about 25) works apart from Broken Sword 2, grrr. If Pete's plugin fails, I have no idea as it should work fine now or it could be that your FFVII is badly damaged so it no longer works.

crono_logical
04-01-2006, 05:44 AM
I never play PSX games in epsxe from the CDs directly - I copy the CDs to the HD first then run from there, since it seems more stable, plus can read them faster/more smoothly :p And yes, you should be using Pete's plugins :p If you have problems, try Pete's Soft GPU plugin to see what it really should look like, since that's effectively a failsafe graphics one - low quality compared to others since it renders it the PSX's real resolution, but works correctly virtually all the time :p

Max
04-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Im using petes Open GL. So I should copy disc to hard drive?

EDIT: Whenever I put the disk in the drive, I try to look at it's files and copy them but there are no files there. But it says there is 620 MB on the disk. Whats up?

crono_logical
04-02-2006, 02:42 PM
You don't copy like that, you need a CD ripping tool to copy the actual CD image :p Copying just the files on the disc won't work :p And I still suggest you try Pete's Soft GPU (might be PeOPs Soft GPU now) first to see if it's really corrupted or not :p