PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks that this was one of the worst FF games mades

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-31-2006, 04:21 AM
i hated this game. does anyone else think so. this game made absolutely no sense at all and every mission is practically the same over and over again and it is so boring, anyone else agree. :choc2:

Zeromus_X
03-31-2006, 05:49 AM
It's amazingly, supremely fun if you have 2 or 3 other friends to play it with. (And 3 or 4 GBAs and the link cables, of course.) Yes, if you play it with just yourself, the game sucks. Though I always thought people hated because it's so needy. :cat: There's nothing like an all-nighter with your friends playing FF:CC. And 4 GBAs and neccessary link cables...^^;

ljkkjlcm9
03-31-2006, 12:05 PM
i hated this game. does anyone else think so. this game made absolutely no sense at all and every mission is practically the same over and over again and it is so boring, anyone else agree. :choc2:
every MMORPG is the same thing over and over again, that's why this game will be great if the Revolution version is online!

THE JACKEL

Crossblades
03-31-2006, 03:09 PM
True it wasn't Square Enix's best work, but I still found it kind of enjoyable.

Dignified Pauper
03-31-2006, 08:02 PM
when you have people like http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/ryechu2u/protoass.gif working on it, it's natural.

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-01-2006, 12:45 AM
im not trying to ditch Square or anything but this was a pretty horrible game and i know that if Crystal chronicles were the first FF game i had ever played, i wouldn't even want to play any others. i just think that this game could have been betters with the storyline. the only thing i liked about it was the GBA linking and two player modes, but its just boring and its the only ff game that i haven't liked. i have even played the origanl Final Fantasy on the old Game boy, and i thought it was better than Crystal Chronicles.:choc2:

Yuffie514
04-01-2006, 07:00 AM
i like it so far and i've made it to year 6. i stopped playing though since my brother doesn't have a GameBoy Advance and well, he's not much of a GameCube fan either. we tend to get into arguments while playing the same game together anyway.

Xaven
04-01-2006, 07:52 AM
Actually, I found it very enjoyable by myself. Maybe this just wasn't the game for you. Just as there are many FFIX and FFVIII haters and lovers, maybe you're more suited to other Final Fantasy games.

Morgoth_Bauglir
04-01-2006, 08:40 AM
I like this game.It also has a great soundtrack.It may not be my favourite ff,but I like it.
[although I reached the 28th time of filling the chalice and got a bit tired]

Markus. D
04-14-2006, 04:51 AM
like all FF games indavidualy they all have goods and bads about them.

<3

Zeromus_X
04-14-2006, 05:15 AM
Or maybe the fact that it's not meant to be a one-player game. :cat:

Markus. D
04-14-2006, 10:04 AM
what about someone taking scenery into object. its purdy <3

DJZen
04-14-2006, 09:32 PM
i have even played the origanl Final Fantasy on the old Game boy

*twitch* must... not... obsessively... correct... everything... *twitch*

Anyway, if you hate it so much, just don't play it. Nobody's forcing you to like every last video game ever made. It's not a big deal.

Yuna-Lenne
04-15-2006, 03:17 PM
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, was actually the first Final Fantasy game I played, and at first I liked it. After a short time, it got boring. But that didn't stop me from looking at the other Final Fantasy games, thankfully. :)

I Took the Red Pill
04-15-2006, 11:19 PM
'Tis obviously not the best FF game ever, but is enjoyable nonetheless

DJZen
04-17-2006, 02:58 AM
I just wish that people would say things like "Yeah, it was a fun game." or "I didn't really like it, but whatever." Not this "OMFG I DIDN'T LIKE A GAME!!! THE WORLD IS ENDING!!! THERE IS NO GOD!!!"

Crossblades
04-17-2006, 10:34 PM
I just wish that people would say things like "Yeah, it was a fun game." or "I didn't really like it, but whatever." Not this "OMFG I DIDN'T LIKE A GAME!!! THE WORLD IS ENDING!!! THERE IS NO GOD!!!"

Exactly. It is just a game after all

Fireblade13
04-19-2006, 12:14 PM
I think that square should have experimented on a diff console

a nirvana fan
04-19-2006, 09:58 PM
This game is one of the worst games ive ever played, I played about 5-6 hours on this and got really bored and I was suprised and the fact it was so lame. Gamecube Final Fantasy just shouldnt be. Period.

ljkkjlcm9
04-20-2006, 12:08 AM
people really aren't open to new games

THE JACKEL

Zeromus_X
04-20-2006, 12:11 AM
This game is one of the worst games ive ever played, I played about 5-6 hours on this and got really bored and I was suprised and the fact it was so lame. Gamecube Final Fantasy just shouldnt be. Period.
*sigh*, you played it alone, didn't you? :cat:

tenhitcombo
04-20-2006, 04:27 PM
is this game a final fantasy? its worser than 6

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-20-2006, 06:44 PM
It's a fun game to play with some friends, I rather enjoyed it. It really isn't meant to be played alone.

DJZen
04-20-2006, 10:02 PM
people really aren't open to new games

THE JACKAL

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

ljkkjlcm9
04-21-2006, 04:11 AM

worser? and if you think VI was bad, you're pretty much invalid from that

THE JACKEL

Crossblades
04-21-2006, 03:51 PM

Judging by that comment, you haven't even played this game haven't you?

Markus. D
04-22-2006, 07:01 AM
what Crossblades said.

~SapphireStar~
04-22-2006, 04:38 PM
I thought I posted my hatered for this game before? Never mind. Well I really hated the battle system, Im really not a huge fan of turn base and I usually put the term turn based and Final Fantasy together. So I thought I would enjoy it, I didnt. I also didnt like repeating the process over and over again, also the characters had no personal detail. I didnt feel for any of them, almost like they had no soul to relate to.

NeoCracker
04-23-2006, 07:35 AM
I picked it up when i got my Game Cube. It was enjoyable, but got far to boring for me. NEver got a chance to play with a friend though.

JimmyKudou
04-23-2006, 07:04 PM
i didnt like this game too much either,but i havent played it in over a year so now i feel obligated to play it again just to see if i was to quick to judge it.

Octorok
04-25-2006, 06:39 AM
I actually played the game alone and still enjoyed it.

It's definately not for patient people; right around the middle of the game when you gain access to the third area, there feels like there is no progression whatsoever and you can easily get discouraged.
I stopped, but picked it back up again after about a year of collecting dust when I figured out about crossing the river and eventually kept progressing until I got to the final area and stopped.

I played as a Clavat, which was probably the most versatile of all of the races, so combat did vary up a bit.
And yes, it was made very apparent to me how I was pretty disadvantaged in being a single-player, especially having no reward for finding hidden moogle stamps.

I don't know, I guess I liked going through the years and slowly building up stats through artifacts and gradually upgrading my personal wares. I thought that the "plot" itself was pretty interesting, especially with road encounters (although I still haven't gained any insight into the backsight of the Black Knight and Herdy)
Maybe I thought it was enjoyable because I really liked FF9 and kept finding similiarities?
I don't know, I just did.

Unfortunately however, since I've poured so much time into single-player, I figure that if I were to start all over and find a group of players to accompany me, I don't think that it would be the same experiance as starting fresh with a band of people.

tenhitcombo
04-26-2006, 05:55 PM
[!]this one suks play ff8!!!ok bye[/!]tenhitcombo, you've already been warned once for making off topic, trolling posts. This is going to be your second warning. I suggest you clean up your act, and only make posts when you have something to add to the thread. --foa

Slim
05-02-2006, 11:38 PM
It sucked ass. I didn't play it with anyone more than myself because its fucking retarded that you needed the gameboy advance & game link to play multiplayer (FOR EACH FUCKING PLAYER!).
Also, note that there are THREE topics posted on it.

RedCydranth
05-08-2006, 05:06 AM
I played it alone, so my perception of this game is definitely skewed, and I couldn't get anyone to play it with me, since most of my friends don't like FF. They, oddly, don't really care for video games period, except atari and old school mario games.

Anyhow, with that said, I found this game fun in the beginning, boring through the middle and it picked up at the end but still wasn't really something I feel is quality. It was an experiment and I think it would have been better if it wasn't so dependant on mutiple players.

For people to be shallow and say "Final Fantasy on the Gamecube can't happen" is really quite shallow. I can definitely see a possibility for a Gamecube Final Fantasy, similar to one of the earlier ones like 6 rather than the multiple disks on the PS1 or the heavy verbal dialogue in FFX. A Final Fantasy Tactics could be done very easily on the Gamecube.

If I ever find a friend who wants to play FF:CC I'll definitely replay it. I don't think it deserves the title worst FF. That belongs to VIII, or X-2 if you're really shallow.

Roto13
05-09-2006, 02:51 AM
I think it was a bit too hard, and the characters were too slow, but the game was fun overall. And it had a great atmosphere with amazing music.

Fantasy Fan
05-18-2006, 10:44 PM
yeah, I mean playing final fantasy with 3 other friends together is really bad isn't it? Oh wait, you don't have friends. ;)

Spawn of Sephiroth
05-19-2006, 12:39 AM
yeah, I mean playing final fantasy with 3 other friends together is really bad isn't it? Oh wait, you don't have friends. ;)

dont start that crap with me, i got plenty of friends, and maybe its you that don't have any friends.:choc2:

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Fantasy Fan, SpawnofSephiroth we do not address other members in such a manner. Knock it off.

Omega weapon123
05-26-2006, 01:50 AM
fun for the first year then quit

PontiusPilate
05-26-2006, 02:23 AM

dont start that crap with me, i got plenty of friends, and maybe its you that don't have any friends.:choc2:

Thats a pretty mean thing to say Fantasy. Obviously sephiroths friends have good enough taste not to play such a poor excuse of a game. FFCC IMO disgraces the FF name

Galbadian Soldier
05-26-2006, 07:53 AM
I felt the same way as a majority of the people so far, I rented it when it first came out and played the first year and... never played it since but while browsing ebay I found it for 4 bucks so I bought it and my friend and I have been playing it non stop since it arrived! This is the most fun FF I've played in a long time, but seeing as how there hasn't been a decent FF in years its not that suprising!! :rolleyes2

solidusoul
05-26-2006, 10:16 PM
I would say its just a little worse than X-men legends and Phantasy Star Online (Offline Multiplayer :rolleyes2 ), play those instead. But the whole group role-playing thing never works out (with me and my friends anyway) because they all usually repetitous and if people's RPG playing styles differ, it will get frustrating.

It was fun and innovative, but going through the same dungeons again is what really killed it. Its almost impossible to entertain long enough to actually beat. Maybe more puzzle solving like Zelda: Four Swords would have helped too.

Great Idea, Fun, but the plot was barely there and repition was just too much 7/10 (My, not your score!)

IMO I didn't think it was the worst FF (I'm not going to say what I think is), but usually FF games are good enough that it will have people defending it (like here). You can't please everybody, but the best games are the ones the please the most, thats all it is. Just because someone likes a game you hate or hates a game you like it doesn't mean they're stupid or blind, they just see the world differently, everyone does.

jj984jj
05-27-2006, 11:34 PM
I found it okay, but it definitely wasn't a FF, it was more like a game from the Mana or Saga series, probably due to Kawazu's involvement.

Nintendo's connectivity crap didn't help it though.

Slim
05-28-2006, 12:45 AM
X-men legends occupied me for about 3 minutes,

goldraine
05-29-2006, 01:23 AM
4 people participating in a game was they're main goal, and in order to fully enjoy it you need 3 or 4 players. That doesn't necessarily make it a bad game, people either expected too much or simply found it not to their liking.

Rogue
05-31-2006, 08:41 PM
i liked it when i played with all my friends and stayed up all night and beat it

Slim
05-31-2006, 10:31 PM
Case in point. If you can beat a FF game in one night, there is definately something seriously wrong with the game.

Arkada
06-08-2006, 10:15 PM
I have to admit that the beggining of the game was rather enjoyable, but really it stars to drag on forever with the following: A button, A button, A button, A button, A button, DEAD START OVER. I really hated that.

No.78
06-11-2006, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't say it was the worst FF game because it's a FF spinoff!

Kinako
07-03-2006, 03:58 PM
I actually enjoyed Crystal Chronicles. Granted, it's not the best FF game out there, but I still had fun with it.

Bagheera
07-14-2006, 05:44 AM
I had a lot of fun playing with 3 other people, but it is quite different from other final fantasy games. It is a good game, but maybe you dislike it because it is not what you were expecting?

Chris
07-15-2006, 12:39 AM
This game was great, alas very different from the rest of the Final Fantasy games. I enjoyed playing it by myself.

The music was stunning, and I loved how everything had its own theme song. No matter how much people hate this game, they can deny the stunning music it has.

I loved this game (I still do) and I don't understand why so many thought it was awful. Don't think of it as a Final Fantasy game, and you'll be able to enjoy a lot more.

Masamunemaster
07-15-2006, 02:18 AM
I am 1 o sos friends and I only played it bc it is a ff and thought it would be cool but it was a rip off

Spawn of Sephiroth
07-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Case in point. If you can beat a FF game in one night, there is definately something seriously wrong with the game.

exactly. one more reason to hate it.

ljkkjlcm9
07-15-2006, 11:45 PM

the only thing I get from that is you have too much time on your hands.

THE JACKEL

Kinako
07-16-2006, 03:29 AM
Depends on which FF game they're talking about. Mystic Quest is actually pretty short.

Slim
07-16-2006, 04:50 PM

the only thing I get from that is you have too much time on your hands.

THE JACKAL

The only thing I get from THAT is that you do not have enough time to play any good final fantasy game, and should therefore not be on this forum.

ljkkjlcm9
07-16-2006, 09:43 PM
actually no, I've probably played more of them than you have. In fact I've probably played them all more times than you have as well. The fact is, I don't have 8 hours a day to devote to games, I sorta have more important things to do. I deserve to be on this forum just as much, if not more than most people on here, so don't ever discredit me. I've loved FF since 1990 when I played the first one on the NES with my family, so do not take my enjoyment of the series into question. I love final fantasy, and anyone who has enough time to sit and beat any of the newer games in a day, has too much time on their hands.... it's that simple. (except for games meant to be beaten in a day, but few exist now)

THE JACKEL

Slim
07-16-2006, 11:29 PM
For example, games like this one. You've never played a game for hours on end with a friend late at night? Anyway, no one ever said they don't have lives, they just said that the game can be beaten in a day. HOUR-WISE. Like a game which has a completion time of under 24 hours. Most Final Fantasy's do not.

ljkkjlcm9
07-16-2006, 11:49 PM
well there are plenty of games you can beat in less than 24 hours and they're perfectly good games. And I may have played games with a friend for a few hours but nothing more than like 4, and that's typically only on a weekend when there is nothing else to do. But you can easily beat FFI in under 24 hours, very easily actually.

THE JACKEL

Slim
07-16-2006, 11:51 PM
Whatever. The point being is that the game is much too short and that is a big disappointment besides the games obvious other downfalls.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
07-18-2006, 04:30 AM
i Bairly started this game on my friends Game Cube, It really didnt seem to have much that made me want to continue playing it.

I ended up watching my friend play the 2nd half of the game.

Purple shoot
07-20-2006, 08:37 PM
The game was funni at first... but after the year 5 it becomes bored and i stop playing it, really, i prefer playing another final fantasy that this game.