PDA

View Full Version : OMFG! WATER ON MARS!

Shoden
03-31-2006, 10:43 PM
HERE IS THE PROOF! http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0504/WaterOnMars2_gcc.jpg April Fools

Topic: Do you think there is actually water on mars or not. Same goes for the moon. There could do or may have once been only the nerds from the future who time travel may know.

Rye
03-31-2006, 10:44 PM
Yeah, considering that Mars has ice (I believe) on it a bit. xD

When I was little, I used to be a space nerd and wanted to travel to the moon and Mars. :D

Shoden
03-31-2006, 10:49 PM
Maybe the nerds in the future may visit your house one day Rye, one day.

Flying Mullet
03-31-2006, 10:51 PM
I was thinking "April Fools!" when I saw the thread title.

Chaos
03-31-2006, 10:54 PM
Heeheehee. I think there is....I'm hoping they'll find life on Europa, or that other planet...Neptunes moon. They think there is non frozen water on that! Oooh!

Markus. D
03-31-2006, 10:57 PM
hahaha, I laughed when I saw that.

xDDDD

Dignified Pauper
03-31-2006, 11:13 PM
I was thinking http://www.eyesonff.com/members/album/photos/Bladen/shoden04.jpg

Shoden
03-31-2006, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I know I'm sexy get over it, I order you to turn that picture into a water on mars image!

Mars, yeah I think it had water at one time but I don't know about the moon.

Boosk
03-31-2006, 11:19 PM
I was thinking http://www.eyesonff.com/members/album/photos/Bladen/shoden04.jpg
wow...your mouth is huge....

There's water on the moon right? I'm not a space nut at all. I should pay more attention!

Kagga:love:

Lost Number
03-31-2006, 11:21 PM
No not the moon. There WAS water on mars and might still be. As ice.

Shoden
03-31-2006, 11:23 PM
There probably is still water on mars as ice caps, I think there is. I think the moon is impossible to live on unless artificial gravity is created.

My mouth aint as big as other though, I just have a high palet thingy

Xaven
04-01-2006, 03:45 AM
Isn't there frozen carbon dioxide on Mars? Or is that on other planets/celestial-bodies?

Madame Adequate
04-01-2006, 04:14 AM
Isn't there frozen carbon dioxide on Mars? Or is that on other planets/celestial-bodies?

I believe there is. Mars also has polar ice caps, which kind of definitively proposes the presence of water, or at least some common liquid.

The moon has likely got traces of water, mainly in the crust, from asteroid impacts. This is especially likely to be the case in the parts of the moon which are commonly/permanently in shadow.

Europa is a moon of Jupiter, not Neptune, but it is quite possibly the best chance we have at finding life in our solar system. Though there is a thick 'crust' of water, there is believed to be a vast ocean directly underneath, one which could support life.

Unfortunately when it comes to Europa we have to be very, very careful. If we land there, our ships would deploy beings from our own world, making it difficult to tell if life existed there otherwise. And it could, theoretically, destroy all that life if we carried something dangerous there!

bipper
04-01-2006, 04:17 AM
mars was the garden of eden! look for a tree too - szomg

lovehurts
04-01-2006, 04:27 AM
I don't believe that it is possible for there to be water in space.Atleast not on any of the planets we have ever seen.(besides good ole Earth) Why? I rather not gather long statements of the "why part". Just my opinion.:) There is also no wind.

Mittopotahis
04-01-2006, 04:36 AM
Yeah, There is ice. So there is water, just in a solid form.

I'm sure by the time that the Earth is burnt to a crisp and it is needed for us to move to Mars, they would have melted by then.

lovehurts
04-01-2006, 04:41 AM
Yeah, There is ice. So there is water, just in a solid form.

I'm sure by the time that the Earth is burnt to a crisp and it is needed for us to move to Mars, they would have melted by then.

You guys are mistaken...there is no "ice" that is an earth term to describe something that we see here on "earth". This "ice" you speak of is not "ice".

no water in space, but only hydrogen peroxide

actually these people are freaks and real smart they debate it real well if you are interested
http://www.open2.net/forum/thread.jspa?forumID=21&threadID=3334&messageID=24676

Acid Raine
04-01-2006, 04:50 AM
-.- y'all are nerds.

Anyways, hey, there could be water there. I mean, have any of you actually BEEN to mars?

EDIT: Oh, yeah. They are starting to inspect one of Saturn's moons, Titan, because is has the composites of the tentitive early Earth.

lovehurts
04-01-2006, 04:52 AM
-.- y'all are nerds.

Anyways, hey, there could be water there. I mean, have any of you actually BEEN to mars?

EDIT: Oh, yeah. They are starting to inspect one of Saturn's moons, Titan, because is has the composites of the tentitive early Earth.
actually these people are freaks and real smart they debate it real well if you are interested
http://www.open2.net/forum/thread.js...essageID=24676

Acid Raine
04-01-2006, 04:53 AM
lovehurts, why are you advertising to me?

lovehurts
04-01-2006, 04:56 AM
lovehurts, why are you advertising to me?
I thought I had the right audience..why?
I guess that you're not interested.

Acid Raine
04-01-2006, 04:58 AM
Well, yeah, but you had already said it.