PDA

View Full Version : HELP HELP THERE IS THURDER RIGHT NOW!!!!

Marluxiaswife
03-31-2006, 11:22 PM
:kaobeg2: right now there is a thurderstorm here in Sacrmento CA,
yes i'm scared of thurder only one reason, cause of tornatos
and on the weather channel it says there may be some hail
and if there is green clouds then i'm gone :(
i beilve in the lord that he will protect me and my family and friends
and still i'm scared of thurder, the flashes scare me
and now on the weathere channel it says a Heavy Thurderstorm
and may produce some hail, and i want to play kingdom hearts 2 but i'm scared of the thurder :cry:
wind,rain,thurder,may produce hail? :kaocry:

:kaocry: *BOOM BOOM*

Dignified Pauper
03-31-2006, 11:23 PM
california rarely gets tornadoes.

Strider
03-31-2006, 11:24 PM
There was one that touched down near Hanford last week. They aren't common, but they do happen.

Shoden
03-31-2006, 11:27 PM
wtf is thurder?

Vyk
03-31-2006, 11:29 PM
I love thurder!

Psychotic
03-31-2006, 11:36 PM
Del Thurder?

Meat Puppet
04-01-2006, 12:04 AM
I was chased by lightning the other day, during my regular pogo-stick race.

Del Murder
04-01-2006, 12:15 AM
Yeah, it's pretty bad up here in NorCal right now. The walkway outside of my apartment is flooding. I was going to go grocery shopping but screw that.

Resha
04-01-2006, 12:21 AM
Loud thunder is interesting.

Zeromus_X
04-01-2006, 12:34 AM
It's pretty rare out here. (Though it has been raining alot since March began...:cat: )

And we never, ever, get tornadoes. Not enough to be recognised, at any rate. Same with earthquakes, and snow. (Though that last one is a given.)

We have boring weather. :mad:

Dignified Pauper
04-01-2006, 01:08 AM
i hear cali weather is perfect.

Samuraid
04-01-2006, 01:18 AM
There's been some rains here in Southern CA for a few days, but nothing major. Make sure your computer and other important electronics are on a UPS/surge protector. :)

Momiji
04-01-2006, 01:58 AM
Just relax. I used to think the same way you did. Now I like thunderstorms. ^_^

Shlup
04-01-2006, 02:44 AM
Tornado... in California? Interesting thought. I sure as hell have never seen one. I like thunder storms.

DK
04-01-2006, 03:35 AM
:kaoclove:

Vyk
04-01-2006, 03:36 AM
There's been some rains here in Southern CA for a few days, but nothing major. Make sure your computer and other important electronics are on a UPS/surge protector. :)
That didn't work for me :/ Apparently cable and/or ethernet lines are good for conducting electricity too xD

TheAbominatrix
04-01-2006, 03:43 AM
Phone lines also conduct electricity. So using the internet/phone during a thunderstorm isnt the best idea. Unless its wireless internet or a cellphone.

I love thunderstorms, I'd love to have one down here. A tornado would be interesting, though I'd be screwed. Those things are always after trailer parks xD. But of course, California very rarely has tornados. And there's no sense in getting worked up over what might happen, especially when its such a low probability. Not a damn thing you can do regardless, so just chill out and watch tv or somethin.

mega_tonberry
04-01-2006, 03:48 AM
I like hail and thunderstorms but I hate tornados. Pretty weird considering I live in a region called "tornado alley"

Samuraid
04-01-2006, 03:56 AM
That didn't work for me :/ Apparently cable and/or ethernet lines are good for conducting electricity too xD
Some surge protectors have both phone and coaxial cable protection in them as well. (The Belkin surge protector I got for about $37 does)

Jebus
04-01-2006, 03:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Jebusabsolute/225712.jpg

Relative size: about half a tennis ball.

I picked this hailstone up after a tornado a few weeks back. I used to be scared to death of storms/tornadoes, but during this one I was out on the porch watching the hail come down.

Maybe I'm just jaded.

Xaven
04-01-2006, 04:09 AM
Phone lines also conduct electricity. So using the internet/phone during a thunderstorm isnt the best idea. Unless its wireless internet or a cellphone.
Or a cordless house phone.

I've yet to witness a tornado thanks to living in southern California. I'm actually enjoying the slightly rainy weather right now, but there hasn't been any thunder around for a long time.

TheAbominatrix
04-01-2006, 04:18 AM
The cordless phone is still plugged into the line, and you still run the risk of having your phone blown, you just wont get your face shocked with it. The best thing to do is unplug whatever isnt plugged into a surge protector.

Acid Raine
04-01-2006, 05:10 AM
Nebraksa weather is terrible. Yesterday we had a vicious tornado warning. It sucked. It went from POURING rain, to beautiful and sunny, to cold and windy, to slightly snowing, ALL WITHING A 30 MINUTE PERIOD!!! Luckily, the twister missed near me, but it hit not too far away.........

black orb
04-01-2006, 05:55 AM
http://www.cnp.benfranklin.org/Site%20Images/benkite.gif

>>> Remember kids, this is the right thing to do when youre near a thunderstorm..

Ramza Beoulve
04-01-2006, 06:43 AM
:kaobeg2: right now there is a thurderstorm here in Sacrmento CA,
yes i'm scared of thurder only one reason, cause of tornatos
and on the weather channel it says there may be some hail
and if there is green clouds then i'm gone :(
i beilve in the lord that he will protect me and my family and friends
and still i'm scared of thurder, the flashes scare me
and now on the weathere channel it says a Heavy Thurderstorm
and may produce some hail, and i want to play kingdom hearts 2 but i'm scared of the thurder :cry:
wind,rain,thurder,may produce hail? :kaocry:

:kaocry: *BOOM BOOM*
Calm, calm, just imagine those lovely days, when you can see the sun and feel the cool wind in your face, and you played all over the place. Those days will come, just be patience.

After the Storm, the Beautiful days come back.

Just enjoy your family love and have faith.

Godspeed