PDA

View Full Version : How many more can be done?

a nirvana fan
04-01-2006, 12:43 AM
After Final Fantasy XII is released, I reckon about two more will be made for the PS3 but after that do you think Square Enix can keep the series going? I wont complain if they do but can they really make a game series this long? I personally think they will stop at Final Fantasy XIV or maybe Final Fantasy XV but the question is: how many FF's do you think Square are capable of?

NeoCracker
04-01-2006, 12:51 AM
Since they games aren't connected through a story it can go on forever, in FF's case the only real reason they have the FF name is to get people to by it. So as long as the last FF has good sales they'll make another one.

Tavrobel
04-01-2006, 01:04 AM
When all of the staff on the original FFI die, then they will stop. If not, then as the pattern goes, they will struggle for a bit, but if they perservere, then they will enter a golden age of RPG gaming. Then it will crash and burn. So XV, then struggle, then at XX it should pick up. Or not. No one really knows.

Winter Nights
04-01-2006, 01:17 AM
Since they games aren't connected through a story it can go on forever, in FF's case the only real reason they have the FF name is to get people to by it. So as long as the last FF has good sales they'll make another one.
Pretty much it. As long as SE has the money to pay it's developers, it will have the ability to make more FFs.

Zeromus_X
04-01-2006, 01:29 AM
Hopefully not too long. :cat: The original staff are gone, it just cannot last so long. Maybe not past a twentieth installment, I hope...:cat:

Yuffie514
04-01-2006, 03:21 AM
i hope to see even more. well, keep on improvising, because evolution is the key to survival.

Marluxiaswife
04-01-2006, 06:07 AM
i hope they make a two final fantasy characters meet in one final fantasy
like x-2 & viii

FallenAngel411
04-01-2006, 06:16 AM
As long as Square has the power to make great RPGs, they will tag the FF label on them to make more money.

Ramza Beoulve
04-01-2006, 06:54 AM
like x-2 & viii

Something similar already exist...

KH and KH2 :D

Morgoth_Bauglir
04-01-2006, 09:13 AM
like x-2 & viii

omg I hope not

Nonetheless i hope they keep on making them,and i hope that at least some of the old staff will be contributing to the concept.

As long as a final fantasy named ''FF XV ;sponsored by coca cola'' does not comes out.

I have said that I want it not to end by cheaply repeating itself until none buys it,but i guess thats is what is going to happen..

All great things progress until their disaster.

NeoCracker
04-01-2006, 09:54 AM
Imagine it, Squall and Rikku, pretty much polar opposites. Imagine the conversations.
Squall: What do you want?
Rikku: I wanna be friends!
Squall: Go away, your annoying.
Rikku: Waaaaaa! I know what will cheer me up!(Snorts Crack) Yipee!
Squall: Your a freak.
Rikku: Does that mean you want some! (Shoves Crack up squalls nose)
Five hours Later
Squall and Rikku: Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy

zbonks
04-01-2006, 03:22 PM
lol

Gilthanes
04-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Something to keep in mind that the only thing connecting most FFs are, lets see..

moogles
chocobos
names of magic spells
names of summon monsters
and some key enemies like Bombs, Behemoths, etc.

Honestly, if they chose to they could go on forever making games under the Final Fantasy name, and lord knows they will unless the sales drop off.

Whether it be FFIIIj or FFIX, summoning Ramuh or Ifrit and casting Firaga and Flare will never get old :cool:

NeoCracker
04-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Actually there is something else connecting them. Just about all of them have cid and some kind of powerful energy source. Whatever Garland used to create the time loop, the void, Espers, Mako Energy, the power that pulled the oinon kids to another world, I'm a little sketchy on that one though, the crystals, Mist.

Morgoth_Bauglir
04-01-2006, 09:25 PM
when all of the old ff staff dies,the series will come to an end

Ballistix Man
04-01-2006, 09:38 PM
It will go on for a bajillion years

ljkkjlcm9
04-01-2006, 11:46 PM
I think they'll start doing more Spin offs, like FF:Crystal Chronicles, and make other FF spinoffs ie. FF: SOMETHING

cause I mean honestly, how many megaman games have their been, it's just been between Megaman, Megaman X, megaman zero, Megaman Battle Network.... Capcom has made more of those and they still sell well, so yeah.

THE JACKEL

NeoCracker
04-01-2006, 11:49 PM
7 regular, i think there up to 8 x's, Zero, three battle networks I believe, maybe too and Command mission. so around 19, 20 of em

ljkkjlcm9
04-02-2006, 06:06 AM
7 regular, i think there up to 8 x's, Zero, three battle networks I believe, maybe too and Command mission. so around 19, 20 of em

7 regular, 8 x's, 4 zero games, 5 battle networks (6th coming out soon), the gameboy games(yes they were different), command mission, network transmission, legends

more than 20

THE JACKEL

DeathKnight
04-02-2006, 06:15 AM
You people actually think that with PS3's graphics they won't make at least 3 or 4 FFs????

The graphics will allow for SO MANY things that they'll be even more thrilled this time around

Ballistix Man
04-02-2006, 06:37 AM
In all honesty about 2 more real FFs

NeoCracker
04-02-2006, 08:15 AM
I never kept up to much on Mega man anyway