PDA

View Full Version : Ageism

Freya
04-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Do you ever noticed the glares you get when entering a store. You wonder why they only seem to do it to you and your friends. Ageism is a real thing at least i belive it to be. People seem to look down on teens as if we're all bad.

Do any of you belive this is a real thing and if so why?

Ethier that or people just don't like me. I mean come on look at my usernotes.:(

Dignified Pauper
04-01-2006, 01:07 AM
maybe it's the way you are dressed. I've always been liked in my community.

Miriel
04-01-2006, 01:07 AM
People look down on teens because a lot of teens are idiots. I'm a teen, and I still know that a lot of my peers are idiots. I'm an idiot sometimes too.

But I hate how at restaurants the servers treat you badly because they just assume that teens are gonna be bad tippers. I am a very generous tipper thankyouverymuch.

But ageism goes both ways. A lot of people treat old people very badly just because they're old. I have a soft spot in my heart for old people though, it breaks my heart when I see younger people treat them with derision and condescension.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
04-01-2006, 01:09 AM
I see what you mean. Happens to me all the time. And im not even a teenager yet!

Happens in game stores to me all the time there too. :D

But ageism goes both ways. A lot of people treat old people very badly just because they're old. I have a soft spot in my heart for old people though, it breaks my heart when I see younger people treat them with derision and condescension.

Yeah know what you mean there too. I have a big spot in my heart for the old too :)

Dignified Pauper
04-01-2006, 01:11 AM
Maybe you smell funny?

Further, I have a lot of respect for the older generations. I lived with my grandfather all my life and because of that, I have a lot of respect for them.

Jebus
04-01-2006, 01:47 AM
Teens ARE all bad.

I'm glad I never was a teen.

Shoeberto
04-01-2006, 01:48 AM
I'm aware of the fact that I'm stupid, naive, and immature, but you'd be surprised how difficult it is to cope with it.

Yuffie514
04-01-2006, 06:30 AM
it happens to me in certain stores and especially some Asian super-markets. i don't know why, but they must be thinking that i forgot about own heritage or just because i'm listening to an i-pod or the kind of clothes i wear.

nik0tine
04-01-2006, 08:43 AM
I'm aware of the fact that I'm stupid, naive, and immature, but you'd be surprised how difficult it is to cope with it.

Old Manus
04-01-2006, 09:01 AM
All I did was brick his window and shoot his cat and now he gets all stroppy about it

Yamaneko
04-01-2006, 09:02 AM
Between the ages of 12 and 25 people are sort of mentally deficient. The worst is when a group of youngsters are really loud for the sole reason of making their presence known. I usually tell them to stfu.