PDA

View Full Version : Moving across the whole sphere grid..

Rizzice
04-01-2006, 09:01 AM
What are the chances of moving each of your characters throughout the whole sphere grid? How hard would it be? I was thinking about it, but then maybe I should just stick to beating the game..

Also.. I want to get the most out of the game.. are there any things I should focus on while I'm not too deep in (in the calm lands right now).. I don't want to miss something..

There's this cave in calm lands actually, but this walkthrough I'm reading told me to save it for later.. any idea what it's for?

Zeromus_X
04-01-2006, 09:35 AM
*cough*:tonberry:*cough*

Tavrobel
04-01-2006, 12:42 PM
If you really want to get the most out of the game, then beat Sin/final bosses first. Otherwise, it is a waste of time to explain the method to you. It's not hard, just long, requires perseverence, and you may end up resetting. Alot. And I mean... alot.

And yes, since the cave at the bottom of the gorge is filled with monsters you cannot yet beat, I would save it until you are at least past Zanarkand. There are no items that you miss that cannot be obtained in large quantities later in the game. Except the Al Bhed primer also in Bevelle, but if you missed it, just start a new game, and compile the primers once you have them all.

BG-57
04-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Even one character completely around the sphere grid is overkill for the final bosses in the U.S. version.

I activated all the pre-existing nodes on just Tidus, using the Don Tonberry trick that was hinted at earlier. It's quite time consuming and really only necessary if you have to take on Penance or want to master the game. If you want to know how, let us know.

Remodeling the grid is too hideous to contemplate right now. :eep:

The Last Oath
04-01-2006, 02:37 PM
Yep, whats the don tonberry trick?

Markus. D
04-01-2006, 03:14 PM
ive gotten my "Mega Lulu" through 3 of them, lenghthy and tedious... and getting longer.

she has been through
Tidus
Yunas
Aurons
half way through her own.

that cave of the fayth is actually home to Lulu's past pilgramidge summoner.... in unsent form... summoning Yojimbo on ya, it was the only moment you get to hear her theme, which should have been used more, as it is my faveorite....

Dell
04-01-2006, 03:55 PM
If you want to complete the game perfectly, then I recommend you to do that cause you're going to need it for the monster arena and dark aeons.

The gorge at the bottom of calm lands can lead you to Yojimbo, best aeons, but you must defeat Yojimbo and few normal encounter you fight along the way. Anyway, if you have lower than 150000 gil, don't even dream of touching him. You can recruit him the first time you go there although Lulu stop you but you can enter after the cutscene (remember to get the Rusty Sword).

Right now, I am training my character and doing celestial weapon sidequest (Kimahri, Lulu, Tidus, Wakka sigil). I am surprise after I equip a half-powered celestial weapon, my Shiva, Ixion, Ifrit, Valefor, Yojimbo seems to be doind more than 40000 damage. I need for help but something happen to GameFAQ, I don't know why (Have any of you check it yet).

Zeromus_X
04-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Yep, whats the don tonberry trick?
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=79997
It doesn't take that long, though it will ruin it for you :P:tonberry::cat:

And yes, you may want to wait until later to do this trick.

Captain Maxx Power
04-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Any monster that deals huge amounts of damage as a counter-attack can be used to gain huge amounts of levels. The only thing Triple AP and Triple Overdrive do is allow you to go for ten rounds to gain 99 slvls rather than ninety.

Zeromus_X
04-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Yeah, apparently, there was a higher S. Level cap in the Japanese version, I heard. :cat:

Yuffie514
04-02-2006, 06:28 AM
it's quite easy. you just need Friend or Warp spheres and quite a load of money. it's not that much Gil required though.

Raven-X
04-02-2006, 08:59 AM
As I boosted Kimahri's stats up, I started to favor him.
His attack and magic skills grew a lot!