PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden V

Teek
04-01-2006, 10:14 AM
If you haven't played this game yet, you practically suck so hard that you might as well give up on life, prettymuch. Especially if you think you'd rather own Kingdom Hearts II.

Who here has begun this?

Dreddz
04-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Got it a few days after release, I havent played it as much as I would of thought. Only about 5 hours in. Ill get back to it during the week.
And yes, Suikoden V is something everyone should of got more worked up over than Kingdom Hearts....

Madame Adequate
04-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Well, I've not had the chance to import it yet (Will likely be doing that during the week) but I can tell you that I care about Suikoden V an immesurable amount more than I care about KHII.

xtreme112
04-06-2006, 09:22 AM
I don't even know if its out down here, but I'll be on the lookout, in fact i dunno if we've even got suikoden 4...

if anyone out there is a better researcher than me and knows if/when it is/will be out here please let me know, it will be greatly appreciated

ughhis
04-06-2006, 10:16 AM
I dislike both this and Kingdom Hearts 2.

What does that mean? :cry:

I think Suikoden V has a good (not great) story with a smurfed-up/rushed end. The music is okay overall, but repetive and many lame tunes (see:bad), the graphics are bad, and the visual sheen shine effect they use is ugly, the battle system is good (but too easy and slow), but nothing more and the load times are horrible. The towns are unnecessarily large, as they are soo empty and ugly, some of the writing is boring etc.

The camera angles are silly and only for "omgplxoldschool" so you can't see stuff. Yay! And, umm... The pacing in some parts is horrid, like the beginning (SLOW), and I don't care if "omgyoushouldhavepatience andbecoollikemebecausecoolsuikogamesalwayshaveslowbeginnings" because it's "needed" or something.
It's not, and It's stupid.

The voice acting is largely bad, there are some good stuff but mostly lame.

Multiple endings, nice story and umm, the 1on1 duels were okay.

Same score as Kingdom Hearts,
2/5 , a kind of strong two, though!

I here, have begun this. :mog:

Erdrick Holmes
04-06-2006, 05:16 PM
I heard it more than makes up for the completly rushed and half-assed SIV game, but I'm not gonna play it untill I beat Phantasy Star Universe at least four times.

Raistlin
04-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Suikoden V is an awesome game. I'm not ready to put it over S2 yet, but still an excellent game.

Dreddz
04-06-2006, 05:59 PM
SV has definately improved from SIV. Its not better than SII so far, or SI, but I havent played it fully through yet.

black orb
04-06-2006, 06:02 PM
>>> I really want to play it but I dont have money to buy the frigging game, so i`ll have to wait.. :mad2:

BTW, why all this hype for KH2?? KH games suck..

Markus. D
04-06-2006, 07:19 PM
*pretends black orb didnt post*

I need to beat SIV first.

theundeadhero
04-06-2006, 09:16 PM
I'll look into it at the store today.

Teek
04-07-2006, 12:12 AM
I dislike both this and Kingdom Hearts 2.

What does that mean? :cry:

I think Suikoden V has a good (not great) story with a smurfed-up/rushed end. The music is okay overall, but repetive and many lame tunes (see:bad), the graphics are bad, and the visual sheen shine effect they use is ugly, the battle system is good (but too easy and slow), but nothing more and the load times are horrible. The towns are unnecessarily large, as they are soo empty and ugly, some of the writing is boring etc.

The camera angles are silly and only for "omgplxoldschool" so you can't see stuff. Yay! And, umm... The pacing in some parts is horrid, like the beginning (SLOW), and I don't care if "omgyoushouldhavepatience andbecoollikemebecausecoolsuikogamesalwayshaveslowbeginnings" because it's "needed" or something.
It's not, and It's stupid.

The voice acting is largely bad, there are some good stuff but mostly lame.

Multiple endings, nice story and umm, the 1on1 duels were okay.

Same score as Kingdom Hearts,
2/5 , a kind of strong two, though!

I here, have begun this. :mog:
You must have LOVED FF8.

ughhis
04-07-2006, 11:50 AM
You must have LOVED FF8.

hihi =),

no, the story which many people say is some kind of "highpoint" in that game is so hirrible it makes me cry.
yes, it's hirrible!

Raven Nox
04-08-2006, 03:59 AM
I really want the game, but my store just doesn't have it. I'll pick it up when they get it though. Until then, I'll finish KH2. I don't think I could choose between having Suikoden V or Kingdom Hearts II, both series are awesome.

Teek
04-09-2006, 01:33 AM
Has anyone actually gotten all 108 characters? I heard about the multiple endings.

Erdrick Holmes
04-09-2006, 02:02 AM
Can you load save data from IV?

Markus. D
04-09-2006, 02:37 AM
You must have LOVED FF8.

hihi =),

no, the story which many people say is some kind of "highpoint" in that game is so hirrible it makes me cry.
yes, it's hirrible!

you must love FFVII to death -_-...

Teek
04-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Can you load save data from IV?
No, strangely enough.