PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Daylights Savings Time

bipper
04-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Spring ahead Sunday morning at 2:00 am (?)- it's the right thing to do.

I once showed up to college an hour early cause of this pos holiday, I then sleped at my workstation, and woke up an hour into class..

What is your most embarassing Daylights story?
-and-
Wouldn't it be nice to ditch the whole thing all together? No DST, no Time Zones - just GMT eh?

Bipper

ps. I blame linus

Hawkeye
04-01-2006, 06:51 PM
I live in Arizona where we don't worry about /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif like that sucka!

Old Manus
04-01-2006, 06:54 PM
The best DST story was when I woke up an hour late and decided there was no point in getting up so I stayed in bed

Resha
04-01-2006, 07:01 PM
EVERYTHING. DST is everything that's wrong with this world and MORE. I really hate DST I don't understand it -- why do people need to save an hour? Where does that hour GO? To the bank? Jesus. Why can't people just sleep and wake up when they want to, like me? Relying on the sun is unreliable (if that makes sense).

GaH!

Shoeberto
04-01-2006, 07:11 PM
EVERYTHING. DST is everything that's wrong with this world and MORE. I really hate DST I don't understand it -- why do people need to save an hour? Where does that hour GO? To the bank? Jesus. Why can't people just sleep and wake up when they want to, like me? Relying on the sun is unreliable (if that makes sense).

GaH!
It had to do with farmers or something. I think.

I don't really, um, get too worried about it or anything.

Resha
04-01-2006, 07:15 PM
...farmers. :mad2:

They have their bloody rooster things, don't they?

Xaven
04-01-2006, 07:17 PM
This one time, I woke up really tired.

Mo-Nercy
04-01-2006, 09:16 PM
I get to go back in time. It's awesome.

Zeromus_X
04-01-2006, 09:17 PM
I live in Arizona where we don't worry about /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif like that sucka!

Except TV shows are like, an hour later or something. :cat:

Yamaneko
04-02-2006, 07:33 AM
Almost forgot. Seems a little early this year.

Rengori
04-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Hey, it only takes a break until fall! Then you get it back.

bipper
04-02-2006, 04:02 PM

GaH!
It had to do with farmers or something. I think.

I don't really, um, get too worried about it or anything.

More for factories before the advent of the lightbulb.

Bipper

Shauna
04-02-2006, 04:05 PM
You're all late! It was last weekend! :mad2:

Clouded Sky
04-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Silly Shauna, it was this weekend!

I should know, I was an hour late for work this morning. (Thankfully all the customers were an hour late as well.)

Dignified Pauper
04-02-2006, 06:25 PM
losing an hour of sleep is possibly the worst thing that could happen to me.