PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft Help Thread

Mythra
04-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Saw other threads on WoW but they haven't been posted in for awhile, so I thought I would make this thread. Wanted to see if people would post some builds, advice for new players, or just some helpful tips they have found on their travels in WoW. I really don't have anything myself to post except for I think the new race for the expansion is just an april's fools joke. They are wisps if anyones curious.

Markus. D
04-03-2006, 11:17 AM
You dont really need help with builds in this game.

I do know a kickass Priest Solo build though :)

Mythra
04-03-2006, 01:03 PM
If you would want to post it, then go right ahead man

Craig
04-03-2006, 01:11 PM
I've got some advice:

Play as a female Night Elf and flirt with nerds until they give you money and stuff.

Pheesh
04-03-2006, 01:35 PM
I've got some advice:

Play as a female Night Elf and flirt with nerds until they give you money and stuff.

that was you?

Stay Essential
EE

Markus. D
04-03-2006, 02:02 PM
another tip is, most of the time a girl will be a dude.

for example, my uncles friend named Lance is called Deadly Babe (daggerspine server), lawl.

bipper
04-03-2006, 11:30 PM
I play male and female characters alike. I make damn sure that everyone knows I am a dude; simply put, a 15 year old humping your leg makes for a long day. To experience all i could, I made a male and female member of every single race. that gices me 8 characters per relm. There are 8 classes. So in essence, I have one male and one female of every race, and one of ever class in each realm. I play for content though, so I am an anal bastage about this.

My advice is to play for fun, as it doesn't seem like a good power-player game. Reasearch www.worldofwarcraf.com to see what proffession\class combos are usefull, and use thier tallent builder.

Do all the quests you can, many times you may skip one because it is green\grey, when they will lead to a great epic quest or whatever else.

Definatley take up a profession, if you do not feel like makeing stuff, take two gathering proffessions and sell items at the auction house.

Join a guild, and be active. Don't participate in your own level grind if you are getting short on the game. Go out and help others, or dablle a little pvp.

Overall, this is the best rounded mmo I have found to date. A little of everything to enjoy, but no single entitiy makes it great. Just enjoy it all, and you will be sitting well with the game.

Bipper

Craig
04-04-2006, 01:19 AM
I've got some advice:

that was you?

Stay Essential
EE

Yes honey, now where are those really cool boots of the monkey we were talking about?

Mythra
04-04-2006, 01:44 AM
I have a not so good internet connection (satellite, good for dl stuff but not great to play online games) is there anything I can do to improve my latency? I always seem to have a red bar, I mean the game still plays well, but in times of pvp in wsg or when there's alot of aoe's going on, it starts to lag quite a bit. Not really sure if there is anything that I could do to improve this, the only really thing I could think of was to go on a server with low pop. Anyone else have any ideas? Btw, getting dsl or something faster is out of the question right now, because we live in the country and thats the only thing available at the moment.

Craig
04-04-2006, 01:50 AM
I have a not so good internet connection (satellite, good for dl stuff but not great to play online games) is there anything I can do to improve my latency? I always seem to have a red bar, I mean the game still plays well, but in times of pvp in wsg or when there's alot of aoe's going on, it starts to lag quite a bit. Not really sure if there is anything that I could do to improve this, the only really thing I could think of was to go on a server with low pop. Anyone else have any ideas? Btw, getting dsl or something faster is out of the question right now, because we live in the country and thats the only thing available at the moment.

Goodluck in Ironforge.

Markus. D
04-04-2006, 02:33 AM

Goodluck in Ironforge.

*lagforge

dont you start making typos. tsk tsk tsk.

bipper
04-05-2006, 02:26 PM
I don't think bandwith is going to be a huge issues lest you hove below 56k. Packaet integrity would be more of an issue in your case.

If your hardware can handle it, you should be fine. MMO packets are sparatic and minmal - very low bandwith-friendly.

Bipper

Mythra
04-05-2006, 02:54 PM
I\'m not sure of the exact speed of my connection (I believe its like 1.5 Mbps) but with it being satellite and everything I\'m not sure how that will affect it. Hopefully going to a low population server will make my speed better

Hawkeye
04-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Does anyone know if anytime in the future there are going to be server changes? Thunderlord sucks, and I would rather to go Nathrezim.

bipper
04-05-2006, 03:34 PM
I\'m not sure of the exact speed of my connection (I believe its like 1.5 Mbps) but with it being satellite and everything I\'m not sure how that will affect it. Hopefully going to a low population server will make my speed better

Shouldn'nt affect it in any way, really. Depends all on packet stability, and if its raining out ><

Retarded, you should play Alleria Alliance :) > all

Jebus
04-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Don't listen to Bipper. You should play on Draka.

Horde > all.

Markus. D
04-05-2006, 03:49 PM
I use to play on Drakan...

then I didnt :)

and now well... I dont play at all. I just let bills occur from lazyness to cancel it...

Mythra
04-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Yeah i prefer horde over alliance anyways. If someone could point out a server with alliance that are mature and fun to be around, then by all means I would try it out.

bipper
04-06-2006, 03:13 PM
I have yet to play the horde side. The alliance is fun, as it seems to really potray a weak sided and crumbling alliance. The story gets very intriguing.

Over all though, I must say I HATE WoW quests. I can't wait till i can just grind :) I am sick of collecting 10 seashesll for sally and some how gaining more EXP than I would if I killed a dragon. eesh

Markus. D
04-06-2006, 04:09 PM
My faveorite quest was the Night Elf Warrior one.

swim under water and eliminate a ghost.

please dont make me re-register <_<

Skogs
04-18-2006, 04:18 PM
I think that many people confuse 'lag' with 'not enough RAM'. Uppingyour RAM can significantly improve performance in larger cities during peak hours.

Server-side lag usually manifests in delayed actions (mail not showing up, spells not casting, mobs not moving). Low framerates are usually caused by your PC chunking.

That said, play Horde and use TB as your base. Problem solved - it's usually pretty quiet there. I haven't played Alliance since the linked AHs came into play. Has that helped improve performance in Lagforge? The main reason I switched to Horde was because of that damned excuse for a city... (Lagrimmar can be bad, but Lagforge is in its own league).

bipper
04-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Lagforge is still such. The problem really presists from your HDD not being as fast as your ram. Simply put - if you are holding 512MB of info on ram, and teh rest on your drive - the inherant chop you get is from (usually) information spooling in and out of your HDD. Trust me, 512 fills up fast when you run as many texutres as WoW.

I play Alliance, and use Darnassus or Stormwind as my base.

Mythra
04-19-2006, 03:05 PM
I have a gig of ram, so that shouldn\'t be it.