PDA

View Full Version : Zombie status?

Rizzice
04-02-2006, 10:02 AM
So I just got zombie attack on auron.. and I've looked everywhere and can't find out what it's for (is there an ingame thing that tells you?).. not even EoFF has it in their database.. anyone know what good it's for :(

Little Blue
04-02-2006, 10:07 AM
The same thing that it is good for when used against you. It can turn healing spells into weapons, so if Yuna is a badass white mage and Lulu sucks with magic, you have yourself a offensive white mage, once the enemy is Zombified. Also good for one hit kills I think since healing items or spells like Life can cause heavy damage or even kill the enemy, I think.

Dell
04-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Zombie is a status which turned any healing item/magic into damage, however damage will not be converted to HP. So, if you use Curaga with Yuna and heal about 78330, if you use it on the zombified character, the character will receive 78330 damage. The concept also work on Lancet, Drain, Cure/Cura/Curaga and all types of healing item such as potion or al bhed potion. If you use Full-Life/Life/Phoenix Down on the zombiefied character, they're death, if you cast Regen on the zombified character, then the character will have their HP reduce from time to time. Esuna or Remedy can't heal this status, you need Holy Water or save point, you can buy Holy Water at Calm Lands and Mount Gagazet. If you found your character to be zombied then remove the status immediately, this status is annoying. When you fight Yunalesca make sure you don't heal Zombie cause Mega-Death will kill all character that are not in zombie, cast Reflect on your party to avoid Yunalesca's Curaga.

DudeSon2004
04-02-2006, 06:20 PM
I keep one or two of my characters in Zombie for Yunalesca.
Sometimes it comes in handy.
The tips that vivi_ultima explains here are very well done I must say.

Nick Schovitz
04-02-2006, 06:22 PM
It's the only attack that can kill Yu yevon I thought you knew that!:rolleyes2

Tavrobel
04-02-2006, 08:44 PM
There are not many normal monsters that suffer greatly from Zombie attack by the time you get it. Nearly all of the monsters in Omega Ruins are immune, and anything before that is weak enough to be taken in one or two shots with a normal party. Most bosses are immune.

The only time you REALLY use Zombie Attack is against Jecht (Final Aeon forms), to null his Overdrive charge, and Yu Yevon (if I remember correctly, he's not immune to Zombie, so he will hurt himself w/ Curaga).

The ailment, which is caused by Yunalesca's Hellbiter (which is one of three attacks that can cause Zombie), is one of the most useful status ailments in that battle. It Nulls her Mega-Death, but unlike following the laws of Zombie, the will NOT heal you. Even though it should, but in this case, it will simply miss.

Hellbiter (Yunalesca, forms 2 and 3)
Zombie Attack (sphere grid)
Fallen Monk's normal attack

A small note about Zombie, is when you use Lancet, Drain, or Osmose while Zombie'd (or on a Zombie'd enemy), it will heal the target, and cause damage to the user.

If at any instance a Fiend/boss is immune to Death, but a Zombie, Pheonix Downs/Life will cause 7800+ damage. If immune to Death, then Full-Life will simply do the same amount of damage, unless you can break Damage Limit, which means you will kill the enemy.

Seymour_Guado SOD
04-04-2006, 03:22 AM
Pitiful makers of FFX.....they couldn't see there own flaw.....Killing Yu Yevon is the easiest boss in any game....EVER. A few pheonix downs will kill him.....the easiest boss...EVER!!!!!

rubah
04-04-2006, 03:37 AM
Or you could just hit him a few times with a well grided party and have the same effect and have phoenix downs to spare.

Hambone
04-04-2006, 03:45 AM
I just kill Yu Yevon with 1 hit from Tidus that does 99,999. There's no need to get technical with phoenix downs and spells.

Dreamer
04-19-2006, 09:25 AM
Another thing you cab do is cast reflect on yourself. Then he casts Flare on you and does 9999hp damage to himself. I had no idea Yu Yevon was zombified till i read this thread.

Dell
04-19-2006, 10:07 AM
No, Yu-Yevon is not zombified, you will have to hit him with Zombie Attack. Yu-Yevon is storyline-plot battle, you can't lose this fight unless you're stupid enough to petrified your party, the battle just like Final Sephiroth in FFVII. All of your character already have Auto-Life. The Kupo Man speak the truth, I beaten it with one hit from Tidus. I never thought that BFA can be zombiefied. The real challenge isn't this one, the challenge is Monster Arena and Dark Aeons (Int. only).

Night_Blade
04-20-2006, 05:39 PM
like it says. causes a zombie affect. it works on some bosses too