PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Thread

Kid X
04-02-2006, 12:27 PM
Does anyone else on here love boxing,there's a football thread but none for boxing,so i'm gonna start one.

You can talk about upcoming fights,respond to recent fights or talk about your favourite boxer or anything else you can think off.
Ok i'll start by giving my prediction on next weeks fight between Floyd Mayweather and Zab Judah. I think "Pretty Boy Floyd" will stop Zab in R10.

Deaths Child
04-03-2006, 04:41 PM
I love boxing, and i agree that Mayweather will stop Judah. But i think Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton will smash "Pretty Boy Floyd" when they meet.(If Mayweather ever grows big enough balls that is).

SoulTaker*
04-03-2006, 04:55 PM
West Michigan boy owns. #1 pound for pound fighter in the world.

Deaths Child
04-03-2006, 05:00 PM
West Michigan boy owns. #1 pound for pound fighter in the world.

WHAT MAYWEATHER'S PROVED NOTHING YET.

SoulTaker*
04-03-2006, 05:03 PM
According to The Ring Magazine, he is.

Deaths Child
04-03-2006, 05:17 PM
According to The Ring Magazine, he is.

The Ring Magazine is full of sh*t. Mayweather's good but not No1 P4P.

SoulTaker*
04-03-2006, 05:28 PM
The way he leveled Jesus Chavez, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, and Arturo Gotti you could make an argument. 35-0, 24 knockouts.

Deaths Child
04-03-2006, 05:40 PM
The way he leveled Jesus Chavez, Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo, and Arturo Gotti you could make an argument. 35-0, 24 knockouts.

Chavez: Ok
Corrales; Good (But Diego was weight drained)
Castillo: He lost the first fight
Gatti: The perfect opponant for Mayweather,slow and flat footed.

Like i said he's good but until he beats Hatton and Margaritto he's not No1 P4P.

The Void
04-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Floyd Mayweather is the most talented fighter in the world right now, and probly the best p4p. But he's got to start acting like it, when Trinidad and De La Hoya where the top 2 they fought class fighters like Quartey,Whittaker,Vargas,Campos,Mosley,Hopkins and each other. Mayweather's last 5 opponents Corley,Brussels,Gatti,Mitchell and in my opinion Judah are not in the same league. A fight with Margarito would be a good fight but winnable (don't forget Santos beat Margarito twice). A fight with "The Hitman" would be a real tough one though as Hattons style would give Mayweather problems like Castillo did in their first fight. Until he fight's these two and hopefully Winky Wright and beat's them the no1 p4p spot is open for debate.

Ballistix Man
04-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Floyd Mayweather is the most talented fighter in the world right now, and probly the best p4p. But he's got to start acting like it, when Trinidad and De La Hoya where the top 2 they fought class fighters like Quartey,Whittaker,Vargas,Campos,Mosley,Hopkins and each other. Mayweather's last 5 opponents Corley,Brussels,Gatti,Mitchell and in my opinion Judah are not in the same league. A fight with Margarito would be a good fight but winnable (don't forget Santos beat Margarito twice). A fight with "The Hitman" would be a real tough one though as Hattons style would give Mayweather problems like Castillo did in their first fight. Until he fight's these two and hopefully Winky Wright and beat's them the no1 p4p spot is open for debate.
My thoughts exactly.

The Void
04-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Has anyone else heard the myth of Edwin Valero? (actually he's not a myth anymore he was on Sky Sports the other week). I was pretty dissapointed with him to be honest, i was expecting a mini Mike Tyson to come out and KO his opponent in 20 seconds. He fought more like a stoned nightclub brawler than a guy who was 18-0 (18 kayos in the first round :eek: ). But if he sort's his defence out and boxes a bit more he could be unstoppable in the lower weights. Has anyone seen this guy live?, and if so what was he like.

Kid X
04-12-2006, 10:00 AM
I saw Valero on sky sports, i didn't think he was that good.

Does anyone know when Kostya Tszyu is fighting again?. Or has he retired now.

The Void
04-12-2006, 06:33 PM
I saw Valero on sky sports, i didn't think he was that good.

Does anyone know when Kostya Tszyu is fighting again?. Or has he retired now.
Yes, he's probly retired after the beating he got from "The Hitman". But he'll be remembered as one of the greatest light-welterweights of all time.

lady yunalesca
04-12-2006, 11:24 PM
ok so no one has mentioned the calzage bout!!!!!??? was that not one of the greatest performances since the hearnes/ leonard era???? the man is magic!!!! now he has proved his worth. he surprised me, i have to admit, i didnt think he would do it, but he did, and i have to say.,.......being a fellow welshperson, i was almost as plaesed a frank warren!! :)

The Void
04-13-2006, 09:14 AM
ok so no one has mentioned the calzage bout!!!!!??? was that not one of the greatest performances since the hearnes/ leonard era???? the man is magic!!!! now he has proved his worth. he surprised me, i have to admit, i didnt think he would do it, but he did, and i have to say.,.......being a fellow welshperson, i was almost as plaesed a frank warren!! :)

Sure it was a good performence by Calzage, but everyone had overrated Lacy. It proved he was the best in his division and top 10 p4p, but he's got to beat another top 10 fighter to be considerd a great fighter, like hatton only became a great fighter by beating Tszyu.

lady yunalesca
04-13-2006, 11:38 PM
yes, lacy had been overrated, but joe put on a spectacular performance of speed, tactic and stamina!! never had he looked so sharp and switched on!!! you cannot dismiss a great fighter on his opponent aloned! and the fact is, it was a great performance , deadly quick an explosive combinations left lacy dazed and more than a litle confused! while lacy has been overrated, calzage made him look like some bum joneyman with a good chin, not a contender!!!!!

The Void
04-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Your right, Calzaghe did all he could against Lacy, better than the rest of the fighters in the division, who probly would have lost to lacy. But if Calzaghe was to retire tomorrow he woulden't be remembered in the same way someone like Nigel Benn is, he needs to beat Tarver,Woods and/or Johnson to cement his place as one of the Greatest Fighters to come out of Wales/Britain.

lady yunalesca
04-16-2006, 02:36 PM
agreed!! :) i am waiting with bated breath for the tickets to go on sale for the millenium stadium (rumoured that the fight will take place there) i have heard thaat it will be tarver! so we can only wait!!

its nice to chat about a real sport for a change!!! :)