PDA

View Full Version : FFIV Advance...

a nirvana fan
04-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Does anyone have Final Fantasy IV Advance? If so, is it worth getting, I have the original SNES version but being the die hard FF fan I want to know if its worth getting FFIV advance version because I hear it has a few extra things like a complete bestiary and dungeons, no?

Zyrthofar
04-02-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't regret buying it, even though the new items seem weird to me. I have played with the SNES version for so long that having, say, the Lightbringer that can cast random Holy spells while attacking... well, I'm just not used to it. The new big bosses are interresting - it gives a real meaning to leveling up to lvl 99, just like the optional bosses in the other Final Fantasies that are stronger than the final boss. The bestiary is very interresting, but more could be done with it. I would have changed a lot more in the game if I was them.

I really had fun with the GBA version, but the SNES version will always be the real one in my heart ;).

Captain Maxx Power
04-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Yes, absolutely. It allows the forging of dreams.

Necronopticous
04-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Yes, it's well worth it. If you already have the SNES version, here are some advantages to buying it:

Portability
Much, much better translation
Many previously excluded items are back
Ability to choose your party at the final stretch of the game
Post end-game extras specific to FFIV Advance
It's easily the best RPG available on the GBA at this point. Also it should be noted that in the near future Final Fantasy V and VI will all be available on the GBA and it's going to be nice to have the whole set.

Captain Maxx Power
04-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Also it should be noted that in the near future Final Fantasy V and VI will all be available on the GBA and it's going to be nice to have the whole set.

Whole set? Lest we forget the snooty DS owners who get FF3 jazzed up to the nines.

Zyrthofar
04-02-2006, 07:58 PM
But I think, at this point, I would have liked more to have a FF4 DS. That would be more than just an update... the game would actually have been upgraded. But that's just my opinion, and it helps that I currently have a NinDS. Many just have the Gameboy Advance / SP.

a nirvana fan
04-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Ok thats it, im buying it right.......now, thanks guys.

Axel Gaius
05-07-2006, 08:42 PM
I got it, since it is the only way for me to play it.
My super nes, is lost in my closet.