PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Boss Fights - No Final/Semi-Final Bosses

Rengori
04-02-2006, 07:52 PM
I hated the Kraken in FFIX. I lost like 8 times before he finally died.

Captain Maxx Power
04-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Wow, eight times? Sounds harsh.

Anyways, for me I've always had a hatred of Seymour at Mount Gagazet due to his stupidly high difficulty compared to actual character level advancement. I usually have to try him nine times.

Necronopticous
04-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Dark Elf in Final Fantasy IV hardtype is an incredibly annoying boss since he's ultra-hard and you're forced into crap equipment through the path to him and the first half of him. I always dread that portion of the game when I'm playing the original hardtype version.

Another couple of bosses that have become some of my least favorite are Sanctuary Keeper and Seymour Omnis. Both of these are due to my Final Fantasy X No Sphere Grid/Initial Equipment/No Customization challenge attempt. Fighting Sanctuary Keeper hundreds of times a day, all day for about a week waiting for him to miss characters with evasion values of 5 will make you hate him. Seymour Omnis laughed in my face as he single-handedly ended my challenge making it impossible for me to progress at the very last stretch of the game.

NeoCracker
04-02-2006, 08:28 PM
Evil walls a dick.

Tavrobel
04-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Evil Wall, definitely. The only one left is the entirety of the missions of FFIIIj where you are forced to be Mini.

The next worst thing is Guard Armor in KHI Expert Mode, and the first Nobody boss in KHII in Proud mode.

Zeromus_X
04-02-2006, 08:40 PM
I lost to Yunalesca a few times and had to watch that 10 minute long cutscene over and over...>"<; And Seymour on Mt. Gagazet.

I too, had trouble with Dark Elf on Hardtype.

That damn Giant Rat in FFIII...thank goodness I saved all the Spell Items from throughout the game to that point. :cat: I also had trouble with Dorga and Unne and that Garuda thing.

A few of the bosses in the Cleft of Dimension, and Mellusion was annoying. (I didn't know it was a 'Wallchange' kind of boss, and didn't have Black Magic available xD.)

Similarly, I had trouble with Magi Master in FFVI. (I hadn't gotten Re-raise.)

That's all I can think of right now. But some of DQVIII's bosses really had me stuck :P :cat:

Dreddz
04-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Evil Wall, Materia Keeper, Demon Wall, Chaos and Mellusion
Mellusion was only hard due to me not learning the right Jobs to take it down...

Snap Jumper
04-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Valvalis--I really just wanted to unload some black magic on her, but no one in the party could use black magic; Diablos--Demi never seemed to work, and the physical attacks seemed to take forever to finish it off.

Masamunemaster
04-03-2006, 01:57 PM
ultimeca, she kept changing her attributes so she would heal herself when I attacked

Darth Cid
04-03-2006, 02:30 PM
FFIV - Evilwall
FFV - Atamos
FFVIII - The Adel fight was annoying, though we played FFIX before it where the cage plant was absorbing HP from Garnet, so Adel was an easy fight, just a hard verison of the Garnet/Plant Cage fight.
FFIX - Ark, but that was because of some of the Oelivert party was magic based.

Dell
04-03-2006, 03:21 PM
FFIX - Ark, but that was because of some of the Oelivert party was magic based.

just put Zidane, Steiner, Quina (you can use blue magic), Amarant.

For Me:

Seymour Flux due to his annoying Lance of Atrophy and Cross Cleave, I found the only way to beat him is using all aeons overdrives.

Darth Cid
04-03-2006, 03:27 PM

Zidane: No way man, I gotta keep Garnet in the party at least I couldn't stand the thought of Kuja being able to drop her in a pit of lava whenever he CBA.

Cloud master
04-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Probobly the dragon you fight while on the airship on FFX

Dell
04-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Zidane: No way man, I gotta keep Garnet in the party at least I couldn't stand the thought of Kuja being able to drop her in a pit of lava whenever he CBA.

Then drop Amarant or Quina,
Have Zidane in trances after one hit and have him do Grand Lethal, Steiner should physically attack and Freya to do Jump, Dagger should be your healer (items). (I beat Ark with two Grand Lethal and one physical attack). On the other part, Vivi should be using Water, Eiko should be using Cura to party, two character that you left should be your attacker (the other part means at the Desert Palace)

Probobly the dragon you fight while on the airship on FFX

Yeah, this dragon hard too. Evrae is easy once you get to control things well, Rikku's AL BHED potion, Lulu's Blizzara, Tidus's Delay Buster, Kimahri's Fire Breath or black magic if you give Lulu's path, Auron Mental/Armour Break, Wakka status buster.

Darth Cid
04-03-2006, 05:52 PM

Then drop Amarant or Quina,
Have Zidane in trances after one hit and have him do Grand Lethal, Steiner should physically attack and Freya to do Jump, Dagger should be your healer (items). (I beat Ark with two Grand Lethal and one physical attack). On the other part, Vivi should be using Water, Eiko should be using Cura to party, two character that you left should be your attacker (the other part means at the Desert Palace)

Zidane: Well, I didn't lose once, it just took longer than most boss fights because with Garnet's concentration problem I was working with three people instead of four. But that sounds like a good stragegy to use next replay, thanks.

Angel Heart
04-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Black Waltz + Sealion (only the first time i played it though).
Fighting 2 enimies with 1 character is hard on first go.

I alway's have trouble with that Antlion you fight in Cleyra as well, with it's Sandstorm attack lowering my party's HP to below 5:mad2:

Rengori
04-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Sorry to break it to you, but Blue Magic doesn't work in Oilevert. Freya works better anyway.

DarkLadyNyara
04-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Black Waltz + Sealion (only the first time i played it though).
Fighting 2 enimies with 1 character is hard on first go.

Oh, God, tell me about it. I kept dying untill I got the bright idea of killing the Black Waltz FIRST! Then it was easy. But I despise Meltigemini. Especially since the bastard Virused my ENTIRE FLIPPIN' PARTY!!! God, I hate that thing. :mad: