PDA

View Full Version : NTSC PS2 Games

~SapphireStar~
04-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Im planning on buying an NTSC PS2 from Ebay and I wanted to know of some good sites to order NTSC PS2 games. Ive been told getting imports is far cheaper and better cause you get them before they are released in the UK.

Thanks.

Dreddz
04-02-2006, 08:21 PM
its not as simple as buying an NTSC Console, firstly, they use different plugs than us so You need a plug converter, then you need to have 60 hz TV, if you dont, you need to buy a NTSC to PAL converter, this actually makes games kinda odd in colouring and such. And sometimes they dont even work at all.
If your up to doing all this, go ahead, IMO, I say you just chip your PAL PS2. Now, you can do this yourself, but its very risky if you dont know what your doing, so taking it to a place where they can doing is easily, i say you do that.
Also, if you chip your PS2, you can play all formats of Games, not just NTSC games. To play your PAL games you need to have two PS2's set up, that just a little fussy for me.
I personally chipped my PS2, alot easier.

Ok Ok, for NTSC games, eBay is still your best bet, order from .com instead of .co.uk
Most ship worldwide. Its just the wait is a little.........meh
I get my games from eBay.

Madame Adequate
04-02-2006, 09:34 PM
If it's imperative, I buy from Electronic Boutique (Remember them? They still exist in the States.). If I can stand to wait, I'll send the money to a friend in America who buys it and mails it marked as a gift to me, which skirts the obscene import tarriffs one faces bringing goods into England.